Now imagine if Jets lost to the Bills and hold the #1 overall pick

Jetsbb

2 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

We were 1 run stuff of Eli Mcguire away from owning the #1 pick. Can you imagine the bidding wore between the Cardinals. Raiders etc to trade up and get Kyle Murray? Andre Roberts was a huge curse to this franchise. The only reason they were in that game was because of him. He had like 3 huge kickoff returns otherwise the Jets were getting stomped.

Holy crap, this fanbase is going to bitch when we win the Super Bowl because it will mean we are picking last in round 1 of the draft.

Unbelievable.

34 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Why didn't he go in the tank after just barely loosing to the Texans and Packers then?

Because football teams don't tank? Fans who don't understand the importance of winning, teaching young players how to win just don't get that.

Reality players in the last game are playing hard because their next contract and future is on the line. You half ass it and you ain't back next year or don't get a bigger contract etc. They could care less about next year because they might even not be on the team. Can't blame them but at the same time damn I wish we were number 1

3 hours ago, PCP63 said:

Pride kicked our asses. Everyone here was so happy we won a meaningless game, that we didn't quit. All for nothing. I'd rather have the #1 pick. 

This makes no sense. What anyone rooted for made no difference in the outcome of the game.

3 hours ago, PCP63 said:

That game was irrelevant. On the point of that improving Sam's confidence, that's just speculation, and assumes he wasn't already confident. 

POTENTIALLY minor confidence boost vs. #1 overall pick, where teams will trade up for a QB, or we're guaranteed to get Bosa. 

Do you think Cleveland fans were rooting to go 4-44 these last 3 years so they could have the number 1 pick 3 years in a row?

Back in '73 I stopped at a convenience store and there was this hot girl but I needed to use the bathroom. So, I went to the bathroom first. I guess I took too long of a leak that by the time I got out, she was gone. 

Imagine if I would have tried to talk to her first? 

Scenario 1: She slaps me in my face and I lose control and piss all over my pants. This was before twitter. Otherwise, I would add that it would quickly become a gif on social media

Scenario 2: I start talking to her and she comes back with a deep voice. I suddenly realize she's a man. 

Not sure where I am going with this. But the point is who the hell cares. 

One of the dumber threads I’ve seen which says a lot lol.  I could understand being upset if we didn’t have a young QB but we do.  We will get a big player at 3. By the way just for the sake of your argument I believe we were suppose to be set at 2 but the Giants blew the game at the last second so yes sh*t happens but it’s not worth getting this bitchy about

Fan 1: "Imagine if we lost a meaningless game in a 4-5 win season and got a higher draft pick"

Fan 2: "I don't care about draft slot. The draft is a complete crap shoot anyway so I'm glad we won that game."

--same 2 fans in another thread, same week:

Fan 1: "We should trade down a little, still end up with an outstanding prospect, and pick up yet another high draft pick or more in the process."

Fan 2: "No way. Take the top 3 [or top 6] pick because the players aren't special when you get even 5-10 slots down."

:) 

3 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

We were 1 run stuff of Eli Mcguire away from owning the #1 pick. Can you imagine the bidding wore between the Cardinals. Raiders etc to trade up and get Kyle Murray? Andre Roberts was a huge curse to this franchise. The only reason they were in that game was because of him. He had like 3 huge kickoff returns otherwise the Jets were getting stomped.

Dude did you actually upvote yourself? 

I'm embarrassed for you.

13 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

I would never want to lose that comeback by Darnold.  the Defense already took away potential comeback victories for him against Texans, Browns and Pack.  I like that he's the youngest QB to ever execute a comeback win.  if we had won one of those others, he would have been the youngest to execute multiple comeback wins.

9 hours ago, Jets723 said:

One of the dumber threads I’ve seen which says a lot lol.  I could understand being upset if we didn’t have a young QB but we do.  We will get a big player at 3. By the way just for the sake of your argument I believe we were suppose to be set at 2 but the Giants blew the game at the last second so yes sh*t happens but it’s not worth getting this bitchy about

you just explained this exactly how I was thinking, but couldn't put the words down the right way.  I was all in for "suck for Sam" last year.  typical Jets outplayed themselves, but we got REAL lucky.

that win against Buffalo was SO huge.  I know it didn't put us in the playoffs, but it was huge for our rookie QB (and for us fans and our "HOPE").  Sam gets hurt, McCown steps in against the Bills at home.  Jets get slaughtered (against the Bills backup QB!)  Just a few weeks later, in Sam's first game back (and against the Bills starting QB - in their house), Sam begins a 4 game stretch where he is the highest rated QB in the NFL!

I still think his best game was against the Texans the very next week, but the D blew that one as well.  at that point of the season (we knew we were eliminated from playoffs after Titans game), it's a win-win scenario each week.  If you win (i.e. Bills game) and Sam looks great, you're happy; if you lose (i.e. Texans and Pack) and Sam looks great, you're happy because of Sam AND the fact we help our draft standings.

then....you have the Pats game.....well, at least Sam didn't throw any INTs.....

5 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

you just explained this exactly how I was thinking, but couldn't put the words down the right way.  I was all in for "suck for Sam" last year.  typical Jets outplayed themselves, but we got REAL lucky.

that win against Buffalo was SO huge.  I know it didn't put us in the playoffs, but it was huge for our rookie QB (and for us fans and our "HOPE").  Sam gets hurt, McCown steps in against the Bills at home.  Jets get slaughtered (against the Bills backup QB!)  Just a few weeks later, in Sam's first game back (and against the Bills starting QB - in their house), Sam begins a 4 game stretch where he is the highest rated QB in the NFL!

I still think his best game was against the Texans the very next week, but the D blew that one as well.  at that point of the season (we knew we were eliminated from playoffs after Titans game), it's a win-win scenario each week.  If you win (i.e. Bills game) and Sam looks great, you're happy; if you lose (i.e. Texans and Pack) and Sam looks great, you're happy because of Sam AND the fact we help our draft standings.

then....you have the Pats game.....well, at least Sam didn't throw any INTs.....

Agreed good post. Even the Pats game I felt Sam did well in the first half. He was screwed twice in the endzone.  One was a missed call by the official the other was a drop in the endzone

20 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Agreed good post. Even the Pats game I felt Sam did well in the first half. He was screwed twice in the endzone.  One was a missed call by the official the other was a drop in the endzone

Totally agree, but I just wished that was week 15 instead of 17, you know?  maybe flip flop that game with Texans game, and I think we would all feel much better right now.  we all thought Sam was playing well, Brady's getting old, blah blah blah.  then Pats come in and just put a trouncing on us and go on to win SB.

Oh well - we will just have to wait another year to de-throne them.  hopefully, it's sooner rather than later!!

I saw everything I needed to see from Sam on that drive to put us in position to win, Eli getting tackled on a horrible running play with poor blocking & worse tackling by Buffalo wouldn't change that.

I'll admit, I would have been ok had they stopped us, but after Eli crossed the goal line it was nice to see Sam get a come from behind win on the road. Once you have your QB, tanking is off table. 

The most disappointing game for me was the Titan game. Flew in to see my son & instead of seeing the future of the Jets I had to endure watching Josh McCown. Was really looking forward to seeing Darnold live, plus had tremendous seats on the 50 yard line. Oh well, Nashville was fun though, great music in every bar we walked into. 

On 3/14/2019 at 7:35 PM, Untouchable said:

Shoulda, woulda, coulda

Who cares?

The Jets are still in prime position to land Bosa/Allen at #3.

We already obtained our franchise QB. Therefore, this “tanking” bullsh*t is nonsense.

If T Johnson was legit we would be in a good spot.  Shutdown CB, True edge rusher, young QB and a guy like Bell....

1 minute ago, jack48 said:

If T Johnson was legit we would be in a good spot.  Shutdown CB, True edge rusher, young QB and a guy like Bell....

I think after T Johnson got his bell rung in Detroit, he went into self preservation mode on a team going nowhere. Rookie QB, lots of early losing, he got dinged up a bit. It's not excuses, it's just reality that vets walk all over Todd Bowles.

Johnson knew Todd Bowles & Kacey Rogers were dead men walking. Let's see what he bring soon under Williams, who he played under before & with a stepped up pass rush how he performs in 2019. 

It was awesome to watch Sam execute that comeback.  Like others are saying tanking is over now that we have Darnold.  Besides, Kyler Murray shouldn’t be the first pick in the draft and he’d probably be selected at a more appropriate spot that isn’t #1 and the Jets would be choosing between the same 3 players they are now.

LOL. First it was 'suck for Sam". Well we did suck(just not enough for some) and still got Sam. Now someone is actually pissed because the game in which Sam brought us back and showed us EXACTLY what we wanted and needed to see from him they post this? Numbnutsia. It's a real disease and I'm trying to get it classified as such.

On 3/14/2019 at 7:47 PM, Ohhthepain said:

This post accomplishes nothing 

Agreed until the post below

On 3/14/2019 at 7:41 PM, F00tballGuy69 said:

Loser mentality.  Thats our division rival.  You kick their ass any chance you can get, no exceptions. 

I enjoyed this one.

I enjoyed that game.  One of the few bright spots in a season full of losses.  Darnold looked like a real franchise QB.  Pick 1 or 3 in this draft may not make any difference.  It's a crap shoot anyway. To look back now when we just signed a bunch of good players seems like a senseless thing to do.  I guess that's what we do here though I prefer to look forward.

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:05 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

Fan 1: "Imagine if we lost a meaningless game in a 4-5 win season and got a higher draft pick"

Fan 2: "I don't care about draft slot. The draft is a complete crap shoot anyway so I'm glad we won that game."

--same 2 fans in another thread, same week:

Fan 1: "We should trade down a little, still end up with an outstanding prospect, and pick up yet another high draft pick or more in the process."

Fan 2: "No way. Take the top 3 [or top 6] pick because the players aren't special when you get even 5-10 slots down."

:) 

LOL.  For some reason, it reminds me of this:

"You know how sometimes when you make a copy of a copy....well you know, it's not as sharp as the original".

Since this thread is as pointless as a marble, name the movie for extra credit (no googling).

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

I think after T Johnson got his bell rung in Detroit, he went into self preservation mode on a team going nowhere. Rookie QB, lots of early losing, he got dinged up a bit. It's not excuses, it's just reality that vets walk all over Todd Bowles.

Johnson knew Todd Bowles & Kacey Rogers were dead men walking. Let's see what he bring soon under Williams, who he played under before & with a stepped up pass rush how he performs in 2019. 

they had TJ in a lot of soft zone.  But of course, he still got beat deep.....worrisome

Archived