Anthony Barr interview on NFL network

WayneChrebet80

I get the anger as fans but I think some people are taking this a little too personally. We forget that these are actual people off the field with actual families, just like any of us. I would think few of us have a profession where our employer could decide to ship us to another work place across the country at the moments notice. It sucks for us as fans the way this worked out but none of us know what went on behind the scenes in this decision with him and his family. He was willing to take less money so that they could stay "home"... I have trouble hating the guy for doing that. 

Mac spent valuable time negotiating a mutually agreeable deal. While other teams pursued other pass rush FA's.  Then Barr wets the bed and changes his mind and his diapers.

So the Jets ended up losing the opportunity to go to their plan B and Plan C, etc.  jets may have spent 16 hours a day for a month or so preparing for FA.  And now Jets are left  in scramble mode.

I don't know if the NFL can fix this in some way...probably not. I'll admit I've been pissed over this. Jets too often get no respect in these negotiations. Get used as leverage by players and agents that have no intention off signing with our NYJ.

I know that in the end the real solution is to...

JUST WIN BABY...and draft better! 

That's when you get respect and players want to come here.

You guys act like he's not replaceable. Like he was the only way that the Jets can get better? Get over it. He's only Mac's first choice and as we've already said many times in this site..... Who cares about Mac's first choice? Given his history with this team, you would think Barr is the very opposite of what the Jets need.

Archived