Jamison Crowder Stat Comparison

win4ever

He was my target in free agency. I tried to find it on the JN boards, but would take time, lol.

He's very good at getting open on crossing routes, and out routes. I scouted some of the tape, and his stats would be much better if Alex Smith fit into the Redskins offense. Many times, he's running open for easy catches. He's not an outside receiver, but kinda reminds me of this guy:

Player A: 152 targets, 96 catches, 1121 yards, 1 TD, 11.7 Y/R for ages 24 and 25.

Crowder: 152 targets, 95 catches, 1177 yards, 5 TD, 12.4 Y/R the last two years in Washington at ages 24 and 25.

Who is Player A?

Wes Welker the last two years in Miami before he joined the Pats. I'm not saying he's Welker by any means, but he's going to be a big piece.

1 minute ago, win4ever said:

He was my target in free agency. I tried to find it on the JN boards, but would take time, lol.

He's very good at getting open on crossing routes, and out routes. I scouted some of the tape, and his stats would be much better if Alex Smith fit into the Redskins offense. Many times, he's running open for easy catches. He's not an outside receiver, but kinda reminds me of this guy:

Player A: 152 targets, 96 catches, 1121 yards, 1 TD, 11.7 Y/R for ages 24 and 25.

Crowder: 152 targets, 95 catches, 1177 yards, 5 TD, 12.4 Y/R the last two years in Washington at ages 24 and 25.

Who is Player A?

Wes Welker the last two years in Miami before he joined the Pats. I'm not saying he's Welker by any means, but he's going to be a big piece.

Wes welker was made by tom brady, same as edelman. Brady loves feeding his balls to little white dudes 

Wes welker was made by tom brady, same as edelman. Brady loves feeding his balls to little white dudes 

Brady and Manning understood the importance of having easy options underneath because it prevents the linebackers from going blitz crazy.

Giving Darnold that option should help ease some OL issues because Crowder can run the hot routes.

9 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Who is Player A?

If you look at what Gase did with Albert Wilson in Miami, Crowder is going to put some nice numbers up IMO

If you look at what Gase did with Albert Wilson in Miami, Crowder is going to put some nice numbers up IMO

Yeah the quick hit guys are great for a developing QB because it helps avoid those long developing plays, and get it out quick.

I'm not saying we got HOF caliber production for 3 years like Welker in NE, but this is an upgrade from last year for Darnold.

4 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Yeah the quick hit guys are great for a developing QB because it helps avoid those long developing plays, and get it out quick.

I'm not saying we got HOF caliber production for 3 years like Welker in NE, but this is an upgrade from last year for Darnold.

It's pretty obvious that a quick slot guy who can get open and hold on to the ball + Bell will create alot of match up problems...

2 hours ago, win4ever said:

Lol not saying he's going to be Welker, but that's extremely similar numbers.

More pointing out that Crowder can have a sizable impact on Darnold and the offense.

I'm content with the Crowder signing and like your comparison. I just couldn't resist the urge to reference this infamous thread: 

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Question who is better Tate or Crowder and who got paid more? I heard we paid Crowder more and I feel like he is not as good. Am I wrong?

You're paying for youth. Tate's on the wrong side of 30.

Always liked Crowder. Became Cousin's top target out of nowhere a couple of years ago.

Great signing.

1 hour ago, peekskill68 said:

It's pretty obvious that a quick slot guy who can get open and hold on to the ball + Bell will create alot of match up problems...

The match up issues should be interesting, but I think they need another receiver from the draft, mainly because we can't count on Enunwa staying healthy.  I would love to pick up someone like Hakeem Butler.  

11 personnel with Bell, Herndon, Crowder, Robby, and Enunwa creates match up problems because Enunwa/Herndon can block, while Robby/Crowder have speed and separation ability.  And Bell is obviously the wildcard but I wouldn't go into the season depending on Enunwa to be fully healthy.  They have to look for a receiver in the draft, that can be a 4th receiver type to start, but they can bring along slowly if Enunwa is healthy.   

38 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Crowder is the first WR we have that fits a legit role at the position. I'm still not sure what Q is. 

I like Robby as a No, 2 receiver, I think he fits that part with his deep speed controlling safeties.  Yeah, I'm not sure what Q is because they almost play him like a Delanie Walker type TE, but he's not quite as good.  

33 minutes ago, slats said:

I'm content with the Crowder signing and like your comparison. I just couldn't resist the urge to reference this infamous thread: 

Lol, the great Dante Stallworth.  

27 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Quincy is now the weakest link in our receiver corps. Real prove it year for him.

I don't know if he's the weak link, but he has the most question marks.  I always thought a healthy Q had really good potential, but I don't think he's consistent enough with his health. 

17 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Question who is better Tate or Crowder and who got paid more? I heard we paid Crowder more and I feel like he is not as good. Am I wrong?

Tate is better, because Tate has proven it.  If Tate was Crowder's age, he would definitely get more money.  Crowder has potential, but he still has to put it together.  What makes Tate special is just open field ability to make people miss and YAC ability, which is great to be a No. 2 receiver.   

12 minutes ago, RichardTodd27 said:

You're paying for youth. Tate's on the wrong side of 30.

Always liked Crowder. Became Cousin's top target out of nowhere a couple of years ago.

Great signing.

Yeah it's the age that is the big reason why Tate's contract would be lower.  

10 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Right after he signs a nice extension 

It can be a steal if he continues the rapport with Darnold at the start of the year.  

Archived