CB Poole to the Jets

Team archer

Just now, peekskill68 said:

Poole PFF = 61.7 vs. Skrine 57.3 so pretty similar rankings.  One thing Macc probably factored was Poole = 1 yr deal vs. Skrine signing for 3 yr deal with Bears (assuming they think they have something in Nickerson)...

FWIW Claiborne PFF = 62.7 vs. Daryl Roberts 68.9 vs. Tru Johnson 74.9 

Most of these cbs are the same, not worth spending a ton of money on them.  Mccagnan got burned by Trumaine, not spending much for the cbs.  Hopefully they upgrade the pass rush in the draft which will matter more.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Barkus said:

yep, but we have 2 3rd rounders. one for center one for CB or WR IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

No they aren't... 1st is pass rusher, then wr, then c... Maybe c and wr are flipped but there is no way they are drafting one before the 4th at best

I hope you guys are right. I've got a feeling the Jets will look to trade for a Center.

Remember the USC kid who played with Sam? Someone signed him off our practice squad last year after we gave him a raise. Where did he go? Was it Denver?

10 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Poole signed with the Falcons as an undrafted free agent in 2016, after playing football for the Gators under Will Muschamp. During his NFL career, he has 198 total tackles, five sacks, 20 pass break-ups and four picks. Basically plays nickel and slot corner, so probably a replacement for Skrine.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/14/jets-sign-brian-poole/ 

From the link above in 3 years he has missed very little time. It seems to get any player who is not hurt more than half the time is difficult. OK, If Johnson is number 1 CB, Roberts is number 2 CB, Pool is number 3 slot CB with Packerson (sp?) 3a/4 we'll go from there. Especially if we get pass rushers to make it where those CBs don't have to cover as long. For the rest of FA if we just pickup whatever is left at Pass rusher and Center I'll be happy prior to the draft. 

He can’t be worse than Skrine. I think we need to bring Claiborne back. 

This wouldn’t be an issue if that **** Johnson is worth 1/10 of his contact. Piece of hot garbage. 

I hope we can get out of that contact following this upcoming season. He’s absolutely STEALING money from the Jets. 

2 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Poole PFF = 61.7 vs. Skrine 57.3 so pretty similar rankings.  One thing Macc probably factored was Poole = 1 yr deal vs. Skrine signing for 3 yr deal with Bears (assuming they think they have something in Nickerson)...

Skrine 7 Penalties in 2018.  Poole had 8 (but 3 declined).  Pretty similar there too.

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

MIght need to use that pick on a Center.

I am thinking our two 3rds if the OL players are there would be best to be a C and OT. Then the 4th can either be a WR or another CB. Then the 6th/7th we hopefully use for depth like DT, TE, or maybe a Kicker if we don't sign one.  

3 minutes ago, Ghost said:

He can’t be worse than Skrine. I think we need to bring Claiborne back. 

This wouldn’t be an issue if that **** Johnson is worth 1/10 of his contact. Piece of hot garbage. 

I hope we can get out of that contact following this upcoming season. He’s absolutely STEALING money from the Jets. 

Our only hope is that Gregg makes him a top 10 corner again

11 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

We have two 3rd"s and many needs, my man.

Don't forget it's probable we are trading Darron Lee.  I would not be surprised if people show interest in the 3rd/4th round range.  In the right scheme he would be a good player for someone (more of a 4-3 Vilma type than a 3-4 ILB)...

16 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

We have two 3rd"s and many needs, my man.

You know what @Skeptable? You're a d**k. We're having a conversation, you're included in it. Nobody is arguing, and still you go off with your neg react bulls**t like you did with the post above.

I've told you this before, if you're not intelligent enough to keep up or engage in the conversation, just walk away. 

Then do me a favor and put me on ignore so I don't have to deal with your stupidity.

Don't know what happened to this guy - he had a really good first season then gradually went down hill. They did change defensive coordinators after his rookie year. The Falcons kind of had to let him walk with their cap situation and it seems like he must have had some interest around the league given the contract he got. Maybe he can get back closer to his rookie form in NY? Probably not but sometimes a change of scenery can make a big difference.

This player has a nasty streak to him, which bodes well for our defense.  A ball hawk and hitter he gravitates to the ball, good attributes for a slot defender.  Three sacks and three interceptions this year, despite starting only 9 games.  Moved around at various positions in the defensive backfield, a trait that obviously appealed to the Jets and Coach Williams.

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

You know what @Skeptable? You're a d**k. We're having a conversation, you're included in it. Nobody is arguing, and still you go off with your neg react bulls**t like you did with the post above.

I've told you this before, if you're not intelligent enough to keep up or engage in the conversation, just walk away. 

Then do me a favor and put me on ignore so I don't have to deal with your stupidity.

Wtf are you even talking about... 

You are seriously this bent out of shape over a down vote... Wow... 

12 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Wtf are you even talking about... 

You are seriously this bent out of shape over a down vote... Wow... 

And now you went back and changed it.

I enjoy talking or debating with people here. I'd rather explain why I disagree then play that stupid down vote, butt fumble BS.

Just do me the favor I asked you to. Ignore my posts. I don't like you, or have any respect for you. You don't have the guts to engage, then act like you don't understand why anyone could get upset for you leaving your neg crap. 

If I had to predict the Jets will roll into the season with the CBS currently on the roster.  There are draft picks there.  Why are we paying millions to other teams UDFA when we cut the players we draft?

There are so many needs on this team.  Rounds 3 and below Mac should draft Adjusted BPA.

Adjusted BPA needs to factor in that some players are tough to find in FA, like OL.  “Best” needs to factor that in.  

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

And now you went back and changed it.

I enjoy talking or debating with people here. I'd rather explain why I disagree then play that stupid down vote, butt fumble BS.

Just do me the favor I asked you to. Ignore my posts. I don't like you, or have any respect for you. You don't have the guts to engage, then act like you don't understand why anyone could get upset for you leaving your neg crap. 

I changed it because you got so bent out shape about a down vote... Jeez.. More personal attacks, I engage here plenty and I didn't do anything to warrant your personal attacks... Sorry you can't handle a down vote... Grow up

39 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Nice. If we can improve our pass rush, it may make out secondary serviceable. They still need upgrades but I don’t expect much more. We need pass rush more than secondary upgrades and at least the improved pass rush will have a direct impact. 

Sammy is now probably good for 30+ points per game....with the right coaching.

Will be amazing how much better the D will play with the opposition playing catch up much of the time...that and again REAL coaching Gregg Williams vs Kacey Rogers...Jeez

37 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

These PFF numbers are worth a sliver more than a Blutarsky.

Claiborne is definitely better than a 62.7.  And Trumaine Johnson should be working at the snack bar.

43 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

I was actually hoping the slot role would be Nickerson but apparently another draft pick who's not ready yet 

That probably was the plan, but that coaching staff is gone.  Williams has never seen Nickerson play, he's going to have to win the job in camp

Archived