Jamal 4 GM

Grandy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

No serious person thinks the reason he didn't play for Pittsburgh last year is they didn't have Jamal Adams calling and texting him while he's negotiating his one & only long-term deal for big money. I'm going to go out on a limb and figure his former teammates contacted him on his phone plenty to see if they could get him to show up. If that's all it took he'd still be a Steeler.

Bell signed for the most money (likely the most guaranteed money) he was offered, and I don't blame him. It's nice that Adams is doing his part to play recruiter, but until there's a second half of the story that says this induced him to take millions less from the Jets. It's also not the reason he signed no matter what fan-friendly things he's saying.

My impression of SE basking in the glory of what he believes was an undoubtedly hot take.

Monoclemadness08_large.jpg?v=1544520656

31 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Another way of putting it is the Jets offered Bell more money and more guaranteed money than any other team, and would have matched another $2MM/year if there was competition, just to rid themselves of the stench of the recent Barr embarrassment with all that cap space around.

Nice that Adams put the full court press on, but if the Colts counter-bid Gurley money then the calls and texts wouldn't have been worth dick without the team offering millions more per year.

The guy didn't sit out last year & refuse to play under a $14.5MM franchise tag just because no player on Pittsburgh texted him enough.

I guess we'll never know for sure will we ?

35 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Yes. It will be a great mystery stashed away in a warehouse with the Ark of the Covenant, never to be seen again. Our children’s children’s children will look up at the stars and whisper, “I’ll bet the Colts offered him, like, a sh*tload more than us, but he couldn’t resist the lure of those incomprehensible Jamal Adams text messages.”

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yes. It will be a great mystery stashed away in a warehouse with the Ark of the Covenant, never to be seen again. Our children’s children’s children will look up at the stars and whisper, “I’ll bet the Colts offered him, like, a sh*tload more than us, but he couldn’t resist the lure of those incomprehensible Jamal Adams text messages.”

:rolleyes:   You're unreal.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You’re an acquired taste, Tommy.  Payaso. 

58 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I'm pretty sure we know he didn't give the Jets a massive discount as the second bidder because Jamal Adams texted him. This player in particular, who sat out the entirety of the prior season purely over money.

Who knew all it took was Adams texting and calling him up to tell him all the nice stores in NYC where he shopped for his man purse and leggings?

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm pretty sure we know he didn't give the Jets a massive discount as the second bidder because Jamal Adams texted him. This player in particular, who sat out the entirety of the prior season purely over money.

Who knew all it took was Adams texting and calling him up to tell him all the nice stores in NYC where he shopped at for his man purse and leggings?

You know he gets his wardrobe free. Who would buy that stuff, wear it once and toss it.  P Diddy will take Jamal under his wing and start a clothing line. It’s inevitable. 

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

No serious person thinks the reason he didn't play for Pittsburgh last year is they didn't have Jamal Adams calling and texting him while he's negotiating his one & only long-term deal for big money. I'm going to go out on a limb and figure his former teammates contacted him on his phone plenty to see if they could get him to show up. If that's all it took he'd still be a Steeler.

Bell signed for the most money (likely the most guaranteed money) he was offered, and I don't blame him. It's nice that Adams is doing his part to play recruiter, but until there's a second half of the story that says this induced him to take millions less from the Jets. It's also not the reason he signed no matter what fan-friendly things he's saying.

Never said that about Pitt.  I'll go further, he didn't sign with us because of Adams.  That's for shlts and giggles.  

But what I'll also say is not one of know what was offered by any other team and that he signed with us because we made the biggest offer.  And if he did, who cares?  That's how FA usually works. 

Another way of putting it is the Jets offered Bell more money and more guaranteed money than any other team, and would have matched another $2MM/year if there was competition, just to rid themselves of the stench of the recent Barr embarrassment with all that cap space around.
Nice that Adams put the full court press on, but if the Colts counter-bid Gurley money then the calls and texts wouldn't have been worth dick without the team offering millions more per year.
The guy didn't sit out last year & refuse to play under a $14.5MM franchise tag just because no player on Pittsburgh texted him enough.

Hmmmmm. Can’t just enjoy a smile filled good time. Let them pass the warm fuzzies around Mr. Grinch.
. It’s gonna get funny around here if the jets actually turn it around man. Big IF, but I look forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I'll wait for it.......... @T0mShane

https://theathletic.com/869043/2019/03/15/thoughts-takeaways-and-a-new-jersey-update-assessing-the-jets-offseason-thus-far/

Jamal Adams is something else

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a player embrace a team as Adams has. I don’t say that lightly. What this guy has done for the Jets, their culture and fan base is remarkable. Adams gave that “more dogs” speech after the Jets’ Week 17 loss to the Patriots and vowed to do his part to make it happen. He’s a man of his word. Le’Veon Bell said on a conference call with New York media that Adams was “doing everything he could” to get him to New York. He called Bell. He texted Bell. He hit him up on Instagram and Twitter. “He made it happen,” Bell continued.

For most of the last decade, the Jets have been an afterthought. A dysfunctional franchise that players wanted to get out of, not join. Adams is changing that.

And it’s not just free agents. At the NFL Combine, Kentucky running back Benny Snell said he told the Jets in their meeting he wanted to play for them … because of Adams.

12 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I'll wait for it.......... @T0mShane

https://theathletic.com/869043/2019/03/15/thoughts-takeaways-and-a-new-jersey-update-assessing-the-jets-offseason-thus-far/

Jamal Adams is something else

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a player embrace a team as Adams has. I don’t say that lightly. What this guy has done for the Jets, their culture and fan base is remarkable. Adams gave that “more dogs” speech after the Jets’ Week 17 loss to the Patriots and vowed to do his part to make it happen. He’s a man of his word. Le’Veon Bell said on a conference call with New York media that Adams was “doing everything he could” to get him to New York. He called Bell. He texted Bell. He hit him up on Instagram and Twitter. “He made it happen,” Bell continued.

For most of the last decade, the Jets have been an afterthought. A dysfunctional franchise that players wanted to get out of, not join. Adams is changing that.

And it’s not just free agents. At the NFL Combine, Kentucky running back Benny Snell said he told the Jets in their meeting he wanted to play for them … because of Adams.

This is the kind of hard-hitting analysis you can get with a subscription to The Athletic man sign me up

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

Hmmmmm. Can’t just enjoy a smile filled good time. Let them pass the warm fuzzies around Mr. Grinch.
. It’s gonna get funny around here if the jets actually turn it around man. Big IF, but I look forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Everyone wants that, no matter how many claim there is a subset of fans that would rather see the team lose than win a SB. 

9 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Who knew all it took was Adams texting and calling him up to tell him all the nice stores in NYC where he shopped for his man purse and leggings?

wait...  I'm confused... who here in this thread made, or attempted to make, the claim that Adams took less money to come to the Jets (because of Adams)?  I must have missed that, because it's not like you to manufacture arguments out of nothing.   I thought it was about Adams nagging Bell to sign with us, not that he took less money because of that.  We all know that the Jets offered less guaranteed money (significantly) than the Steelers did in their last offer to Bell.  But we don't know what Baltimore, Philly, Chicago, etc. offered him if anything at all.

18 minutes ago, Dcat said:

wait...  I'm confused... who here in this thread made, or attempted to make, the claim that Adams took less money to come to the Jets (because of Adams)?  I must have missed that, because it's not like you to manufacture arguments out of nothing.   I thought it was about Adams nagging Bell to sign with us, not that he took less money because of that.  We all know that the Jets offered less guaranteed money (significantly) than the Steelers did in their last offer to Bell.  But we don't know what Baltimore, Philly, Chicago, etc. offered him if anything at all.

If the claim and sentiment is the reason he signed here is because of Adams (as opposed to liking the signed offer the best).  Hence the title Jamal 4 GM.

The Jets offered more fully guaranteed money ($25MM) than the Steelers did, even after damage to Bell's reputation and with Gurley so recently displaying the risk in paying a RB that much.

The Jets also allegedly made multiple offers and this is the one he chose. SF allegedly had a competitive offer as well (shorter with more guaranteed) but it's just alleged and there's no evidence that was higher than one of the Jets' own alleged alternate offers. We only really know about terms in contracts actually signed. No one sees all the loopholes in deals that are left on the table (his "decisions, decisions" tweet,or whatever his actual words were).

I'm good with this signing. If this is the top offer that got him to sign, I'd have made the same one. We're not winning a SB anyway, and seem unlikely to immediately add a "WR1" playing at his prime level before or during the draft, so at least this gets one such major player for 2nd-year Darnold's offense.

19 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Look pal, Connor Hughes is the best we've got, okay?

Hughes seems like a nice kid, but for a 26 year old to start a weightless blog entry with “I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a player embrace a team as Adams has” is such a nauseating self-own that you have to wonder if The Athletic has editors. 

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Everyone wants that, no matter how many claim there is a subset of fans that would rather see the team lose than win a SB. 

I don't think anyone would be unhappy if we won the superbowl, but I do believe there would be some complaining about how we did it. :) 

I'd take that though. 

Archived