C.J. Mosley, Jamison Crowder and Josh Bellamy all officially Jets

Patriot Killa

I've got to let go of my "Barr/Vikings" anger. I keep trying, but so far I can't. Its seriously ruining what should be a feel good FA period. The Jets have done pretty damn well, and I'm not enjoying it because I'm still hung up on that crap they pulled.

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

I've got to let go of my "Barr/Vikings" anger. I keep trying, but so far I can't. Its seriously ruining what should be a feel good FA period. The Jets have done pretty damn well, and I'm not enjoying it because I'm still hung up on that crap they pulled.

It’s the difference between an A and an A- right now. 

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Barr and Mosley on a defense with Jamal Adams, Avery Williamson and Leo would of been crazy...it’s too bad.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Barr and Mosley on a defense with Jamal Adams, Avery Williamson and Leo would of been crazy...it’s too bad.

While I was unhappy he didn't sign here, it was a ton of money to commit to a guy who hasn't proven he could play EDGE and rush the passer consistently and produce in the NFL. It was a gamble that I would've taken because Life's a Gamble but I'm not heartbroken the deal fell through. Sucks a little more with Houston most likely going elsewhere. Worst part about that is the PR, like if you're going to go back on your word its bad enough, don't talk about being physically ill w/ night sweats you baby, showed 0 respect to an organization that was willing to pay him about 10 million more than his beloved Vikings.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

No...the Center position has been handled poorly

It’s not handled poorly unless we don’t draft one that we can plug and play. Is it possible we bundle our late third with a later pick to move back into the second? If we don’t have a starting center by the end of the second day of the draft they straight up blew it. Until then I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt.,

If we draft Bosa or Allen, or even sign Justin Houston, will anyone really be mourning the loss of Barr?  He's not some irreplaceable lost opportunity and we're ideally positioned to get what should be a better pass rusher in about 5 weeks.

2 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Barr would have been a great get if we didn’t get mosley, but imo, they are redundant.  I don’t see Barr making some wonderful transition to pass rushing olb.  

Lol I don’t see why...he was a pass rushing OLB at UCLA and tape of him being that pass rusher OLB is what made him an early first round pick. He had 23.5 sacks in his time at UCLA.

Just now, The Crusher said:

It’s not handled poorly unless we don’t draft one that we can plug and play. Is it possible we bundle our late third with a later pick to move back into the second? If we don’t have a starting center by the end of the second day of the draft they straight up blew it. Until then I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt.,

I had him at a B plus yesterday. He signed Brian Poole and Cantazaro so he goes up to an A-

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Really really gotta hope that they can get back into the 2nd. All is forgiven if they can pull off Elgton Jenkins or the guy from N.C State. I’ll choose to reserve my judgment too but Paradis would of been nice.

11 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

What about that kid who played C with Darnold at USC?

We had him on our PS last year, even gave him a raise before someone (I think it was Denver?) signed him onto their roster. Maybe we could look into getting him back? He'd be cheap I'd imagine. A young guy we could coach up, and save a draft pick...

Anybody know what's going on with him?

10 minutes ago, nycdan said:

If we draft Bosa or Allen, or even sign Justin Houston, will anyone really be mourning the loss of Barr?  He's not some irreplaceable lost opportunity and we're ideally positioned to get what should be a better pass rusher in about 5 weeks.

Yeah I think most people have forgot about him anyway. J Houston and a edge @ 3 would effectively turn a weakness into a strength. I'm more hung up on the whole no Center being signed thing.

13 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

What about that kid who played C with Darnold at USC?

We had him on our PS last year, even gave him a raise before someone (I think it was Denver?) signed him onto their roster. Maybe we could look into getting him back? He'd be cheap I'd imagine. A young guy we could coach up, and save a draft pick...

Anybody know what's going on with him?

You don’t ignore Center position in the draft by bringing a practice squad player to fill the hole.

28 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lol I don’t see why...he was a pass rushing OLB at UCLA and tape of him being that pass rusher OLB is what made him an early first round pick. He had 23.5 sacks in his time at UCLA.

13.5 sacks in 5 pro seasons.  Why is that?

I for one, am pretty pumped about these moves. Feel like they all change the attitude of the team from each of their positions. 

Really hope we can trade down so we can grab both a pass rusher and OL and solve those two big problems. 

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You don’t ignore Center position in the draft by bringing a practice squad player to fill the hole.

Agreed. The good news is that I don't think too many teams are in the market for a center in the draft (outside of the Broncos who lost Paradis) and if you look at the last few drafts you only get about 2-3 centers taken in the first 3 rounds. 

This year there really isn't an elite C out there but there are about 4-5 guys (Jenkins/Bradbury/Pierschbacher/Jordan and maybe 1 or 2 more) that seem to be graded fairly well and could theoretically step in right away and start. If we don't trade down in the 1st, I suspect we are using one of our 3rd round picks on a center. 

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Agreed. The good news is that I don't think too many teams are in the market for a center in the draft (outside of the Broncos who lost Paradis) and if you look at the last few drafts you only get about 2-3 centers taken in the first 3 rounds. 

This year there really isn't an elite C out there but there are about 4-5 guys (Jenkins/Bradbury/Pierschbacher/Jordan and maybe 1 or 2 more) that seem to be graded fairly well and could theoretically step in right away and start. If we don't trade down in the 1st, I suspect we are using one of our 3rd round picks on a center. 

Bradbury and Elgton Jenkins are the two guys I have pinned as plug and play starters. We need one of them.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I had him at a B plus yesterday. He signed Brian Poole and Cantazaro so he goes up to an A-

That’s fine for today. If we don’t have an upgrade in the center position following the draft that become a C+. Sam and Le’veon need that without question. 

Archived