2019-2020 METS THREAD! It’s time has come.

32EBoozer

12 hours ago, TheClashFan said:

See?  I told you Calloway would apologize.  It just took him two press conferences to do it!

Keith Hernandez called today's events "ghastly." Good word for it.  Calloway clearly is not apologetic, nor is Vargas.  Hell hath no fury like a NY media scorned.

Clown shoes organization.

I'm not sure why I ever even get excited about anything Mets related.  My fellow alum, Pete Alonso is amazing and instead we're talking about our skipper apologizing, again, while not even learning from the first apology he gave.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Clown shoes organization.

I'm not sure why I ever even get excited about anything Mets related.  My fellow alum, Pete Alonso is amazing and instead we're talking about our skipper apologizing, again, while not even learning from the first apology he gave.

Calloway needs to be at .500 by the All Star Break (not going to happen, and then needs to be fired during the break.

This would give the Mets a leg up on interviewing during the season, before some other managers get fired. Hell, interview Girardi. I don't care at this point.

Will be inteeresting to see what the Cubs do with Maddon.

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Calloway needs to be at .500 by the All Star Break (not going to happen, and then needs to be fired during the break.

This would give the Mets a leg up on interviewing during the season, before some other managers get fired. Hell, interview Girardi. I don't care at this point.

Will be inteeresting to see what the Cubs do with Maddon.

Something has to give.  Isnt Collins like a special advisor to the GM or something these days?  Move him down.  lol  At least you'd see some fire and fight in the team.

49 minutes ago, JiF said:

Something has to give.  Isnt Collins like a special advisor to the GM or something these days?  Move him down.  lol  At least you'd see some fire and fight in the team.

There is some actually decent talent on this team now. The most since the world series team. Their bench is deeper than it has ever been. Moving Rosario to CF (eventually) will not be a bad move, providing he can add adequate defense there. He is a 20/20 guy.

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

There is some actually decent talent on this team now. The most since the world series team. Their bench is deeper than it has ever been. Moving Rosario to CF (eventually) will not be a bad move, providing he can add adequate defense there. He is a 20/20 guy.

I know, that's why it's frustrating.  I feel like this is easily a .500 season with a manager that's not asleep at the wheel.

On 6/24/2019 at 8:58 AM, JiF said:

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Agreed. One realistic move I think they can and should make is to trade Ramos to an AL team and let him DH. He can't catch anymore, but would be a nice get for an AL team in a pennant race. He can still hit, and probably could get us something decent in return.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Just turned the game on up 5-3 and just shut it off 6-5. 

Oh, sh*t, before I could turn it off, literally as I’m typing this, 7-5. 

F*ck this. 

Its nice to see the way this team picks each other up.  Before he got hurt, Familia was the guy blowing late inning leads every night.  But, when a guy goes down, you want to see his teammates pick him up.  And now, its a different guy every night.  Don't worry, Jeurys, we got you covered: 

• Lugo on Sunday: 1.1 innings pitched; 3 ERs
  • Pounders yesterday: 1.2 innings pitched; 5 ERs
  • Font tonight: 0.1 innings pitched. 3 ERs

Nope, we are not missing Familia a bit.

19 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The Cano trade is already looking like it's going to be all-time bad. Good lord is he useless. I can't believe they unloaded Kellenic for him after what they saw out of McNeil last year.

Team isn't capable of evaluating their own talent, and has not been for years...see Murphy, see Turner, see Dom etc.

2 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

It's 7:01 ; which bullpen ace will spit the bit tonight ? I say it's Gsellman's turn .

Sorry.  Lugo tonight.  Are we going to end up losing this game on a wild pitch stirkeout?

Well, that was entertaining.  Sitting at work, I take a look online and see the Mets down 1 heading into the 9th.  Flip the game on on the mlb app.  2 run homer by Frazier, RBI grounder by Rosario.  3-1 lead heading into bottom of the 9th.

Then Diaz gets lit up for 5 in the bottom of the 9th.  Why did I do this to myself.  Could have just stayed focused on work, looked at the score tonight and thought, just another loss.  Maybe its karma for watching baseball when I should be working. 

5 straight losses with the bullpen blowing late inning leads.  It is almost comical at this point.

Yup.  That Diaz/Cano deal just keeps looking better and better.

4 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Anyone still debating that we are not the big losers in the Diaz / Cano trade? These guys even have any value left at this point cause kelenik is doing pretty good in the minors and they were able to trade Bruce away.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Bruce?  You mean the guy that beat us with the walk off double yesterday.  Like who didn't see that coming last night.

It is getting comical at this point just how bad some of these losses are.  I may be off by one or two, but I think the bullpen now has 18 saves and 20 blown saves on the season.  Cut the 20 blown saves to 10 and we are right in the middle of things.  

Bruce?  You mean the guy that beat us with the walk off double yesterday.  Like who didn't see that coming last night.
It is getting comical at this point just how bad some of these losses are.  I may be off by one or two, but I think the bullpen now has 18 saves and 20 blown saves on the season.  Cut the 20 blown saves to 10 and we are right in the middle of things.  
But we have the strongest bullpen in the league after the elite moves we made this off-season?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Diaz now with an ERA near 5 and four blown saves.  Cano hitting like .220-something.  I hated the trade but never thought it would be this bad.  Cano for 4 more years?  Diaz is probably shell-shocked right now.

What a mess.  WWBD?  What will Brodie Do?

Watch Cano have a decent 2nd half, rally to around .265 or something.  Still lousy, but some will think he's turned it around.

I haven't been paying attention so, to catch up, Jeffy hired an actual agent to be GM, then this agent/GM went out and gave huge monies to bad players that he represents, and those players are basically retiring on Fred's dime, and the manager is a powerless simp who the franchise is going to set aflame in a few weeks because the agent/GM handed him a pile of overpaid garbage to work with, plus the pitchers who were already here but whom have all taken turns for the worse?

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I haven't been paying attention so, to catch up, Jeffy hired an actual agent to be GM, then this agent/GM went out and gave huge monies to bad players that he represents, and those players are basically retiring on Fred's dime, and the manager is a powerless simp who the franchise is going to set aflame in a few weeks because the agent/GM handed him a pile of overpaid garbage to work with, plus the pitchers who were already here but whom have all taken turns for the worse?

GM did a terrible job of identifying the strengths he had and therefore failed to build around them.

The team is not only poorly constructed, the bullpen is atrocious.

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

But Mickey Calloway promised to love his players more than they have ever been loved before at his introductory press conference.  We just need to be patient as that is going to pay off.   Lol 

Calloways leadership reminds me so much of Bowles it gives me stomach pain. He was never cut out for this job in this town, maybe any town.