2019-2020 METS THREAD! It’s time has come.

32EBoozer

9 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Geezuz walk off BB by Alonso. 

This rookie is playing with such maturity! Was so impressed by his holding his swing. 

Diaz stuff is so electric... but he does not have the mind of a closer. I wonder if Mariano R. could be hired for a month to work with the guy?

stroman needs to finally put up 7 innings of 1 run ball. I’m tired of him not getting through the order the 2nd time around. 

JD Davis & Cano should be in the lineup every day. I didn’t like our lineup last night. I’d like

Davis-Conforto-McNeil

Frazier-Rosario-Cano-Alonso  

Nimmo is just not hitting enough to justify 3-4 at bats  

Edited by 32EBoozer
  • Upvote 1

Flew in this weekend for Max's outing.  Headed out to the game last night -- first trip to Citi Field since the Series a few years ago.  Sparse crowd because of the weather, but a spirited crowd anyway.

I would have been more comfortable heading into the 9th tied rather than with the lead. The 2 run HR was almost inevitable; seemed like we all expected it.  I don't understand how MIckey keeps sending Diaz out there in big spots with games on the line.  Games this team can't afford to lose.  Beginning to wonder if BVW is not behind it somehow, made the big trade for a closer and now Diaz has to be the closer.

Anyway, was great to come away with the win, but it would have been nice iwth a little less drama.

10 minutes ago, Lith said:

Flew in this weekend for Max's outing.  Headed out to the game last night -- first trip to Citi Field since the Series a few years ago.  Sparse crowd because of the weather, but a spirited crowd anyway.

I would have been more comfortable heading into the 9th tied rather than with the lead. The 2 run HR was almost inevitable; seemed like we all expected it.  I don't understand how MIckey keeps sending Diaz out there in big spots with games on the line.  Games this team can't afford to lose.  Beginning to wonder if BVW is not behind it somehow, made the big trade for a closer and now Diaz has to be the closer.

Anyway, was great to come away with the win, but it would have been nice iwth a little less drama.

Nothing to wonder about, he calls the shots from upstairs. They almost admitted this earlier in the season, the game vs Arizona when Jake was up 4-1 in the 7th got a cramp, and Calloway came out to take him out. Familia came in and did what he does best and then Gasellman threw two pitches and we lost . After the game , some clubhouse kid admitted that the phone rings constantly in the locker room, and there is a guy in there who takes the calls and relays them to the dugout. Calloway is nothing more than a Stepford wife, but a lot less good looking.?

10 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Man what a disappointment Stroman has been. I expected him to be better coming to NL from tough AL east, he has been awful. 

Disappointment is an understatement! 2 young players traded away, nothing to show for it and his trade value is a bag of balls. 

Being a local kid, I can imagine that he feels terrible. Especially with Mats pitching well. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Day two of locking Diaz and Familia in the clubhouse seems to be working. Keep it up, Mickey.

Lugo got the night off so he'll be ready to go 2 innings tonight for the save! 3 out of the final WC spot with 18 games to go & 4 teams ahead of us.

We need to play .750 plus ball and I'd say we need to go no worse that 14-4.

Exciting times! Alonso HR record... McNeill batting crown

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

So, we jumped Arizona in the standings last night.  Moved into tie with Philly.  2 behind Chicago and Milwaukee who are tied for the last wild card spot with 17 to play.  Still don't think they make it, but love the fight this team has.  I have given up on them 2 or 3 times this year, but they have never given up on themselves.

#LFGM!!!

• Upvote 1

On 8/27/2019 at 6:44 PM, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Even you're not so positive .

tenor.gif

Was going to post this gif after today's game, but I knew it already had to be in the thread.  Did not have to go back that far to find it. 

Now, we will see what happens against the Dodgers this weekend.  But I am back in.

15 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Need to win 2 of 3 against Dodgers, I am not sure how good of a chance we have of doing that. Cubs have Pirates so easy games for them.

For heavens sake let Nido catch Thor tonight! We need this game.... having Thor's head right is needed to combat Kershaw's 7 innings of 2 run ball.

• Upvote 2

Regarding last nights game.... Stroman FINALLY!!  Everything was down in the zone or below. Gave up 4 BB but didn't cause him to cave to the batter. 10 /3 groung balls/ fly balls. Guy always has busy innings but I'll take him as our #5 started behind deGrom, Thor, Wheeler & Matz. Not a bad rotation.

• Upvote 1

3-2 loss.... heart goes out to Wheeler. Pitched a great game and deserved the win. Sorry he will be gone next year. Wilson with the killer walk and Lugo mistake up 1-2 in the count. 

This years over but what an experience for these young players to be pennant ready next year. NL East will be a tough division next year.  BVW better be ready to draft multiple talent next draft. Maybe bring in Dombrowski as an advisor!

Who would you prefer to keep?

Wheeler or Thor

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

3-2 loss.... heart goes out to Wheeler. Pitched a great game and deserved the win. Sorry he will be gone next year. Wilson with the killer walk and Lugo mistake up 1-2 in the count. 

This years over but what an experience for these young players to be pennant ready next year. NL East will be a tough division next year.  BVW better be ready to draft multiple talent next draft. Maybe bring in Dombrowski as an advisor!

Who would you prefer to keep?

Wheeler or Thor

If the Mets are smart they keep both and hire Girardi to be manager

Trade Diaz while he still has value

• Sympathy 1

3 out of final WC spot along with Phillies..... An absolute miracle would need to happen but looking back on our crushing failures in years past....

Anything is possible. We are the Miracle Mets!!

Looking forward I an very optimistic concerning our future if we can keep the guys together. Conforto, Thor and Wheeler need to be decided on.

We need BVW to show he has the ability to evaluate talent like the Dodgers, Astros, Braves and Yankees.

• Upvote 1