2019-2020 METS THREAD! It’s time has come.

32EBoozer

2 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

saw the rumor of the Yankees interest but I think you need to keep Matz because of the uncertainties in pitching these days

and yes … Brodie is a dope but he gets a flyer if Diaz returns to form :) 

Agreed. Just give us 80% of his last year in Seattle. That would have put us over the top last year.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, section314 said:

You see Cole's??

made me look … wow

Funny how after all these years that it still gives me pleasure when the Yankees have problems. Probably stemmed from Yankee fans bragging about titles back before '69. Silly thing to care about as I don't ever watch them or go to Yankee Stadium anymore. Yankee fans of my generation seemed to have been humbled by the Horace Clarke era but the post buy-your-pennant era brought it all back. 

Speaking of 1969, June 13 (4:10p vs Nationals) is the Koosman jersey retirement day. Get 'yer tix now, this is going to sell out :)

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

made me look … wow

Funny how after all these years that it still gives me pleasure when the Yankees have problems. Probably stemmed from Yankee fans bragging about titles back before '69. Silly thing to care about as I don't ever watch them or go to Yankee Stadium anymore. Yankee fans of my generation seemed to have been humbled by the Horace Clarke era but the post buy-your-pennant era brought it all back. 

Speaking of 1969, June 13 (4:10p vs Nationals) is the Koosman jersey retirement day. Get 'yer tix now, this is going to sell out :)

Was Mr.Clutch for us. 4-0 in 6 postseason starts as a Met. If I had to rank the top 3 top clutch starters in Met history, it would go like this...

1) Koosman.......1969 WS.  Nuff said

2) Jake....2015 game #5 vs LA. Guts, pure,guts.

3) Bobby O........forgotten man by many. 1986, game #2 vs Astros and #3 vs Red Sox. We lose either one, 1986 just another good season.

• Post of the Week 1

On 3/6/2020 at 9:52 AM, The Crimson King said:

made me look … wow

On 3/6/2020 at 10:08 AM, section314 said:

Was Mr.Clutch for us. 4-0 in 6 postseason starts as a Met. If I had to rank the top 3 top clutch starters in Met history, it would go like this...

1) Koosman.......1969 WS.  Nuff said

2) Jake....2015 game #5 vs LA. Guts, pure,guts.

3) Bobby O........forgotten man by many. 1986, game #2 vs Astros and #3 vs Red Sox. We lose either one, 1986 just another good season.

I was the rare young fan who liked Koosman more than Seaver. He was my favorite Met. Don't get me wrong, I realized Seaver was the better pitcher, I just liked Koosman more.

Weird how you choose favorites... Shamsky and Swoboda were two others. I really liked. I also tried to convince myself Grote was a better C than Johnny Bench, lol.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

I was the rare young fan who liked Koosman more than Seaver. He was my favorite Met. Don't get me wrong, I realized Seaver was the better pitcher, I just liked Koosman more.

Weird how you choose favorites... Shamsky and Swoboda were two others. I really liked. I also tried to convince myself Grote was a better C than Johnny Bench, lol.

You were not the only one.  I have always been a fan of the number 2 guy.  Maynard was my favortite Jet; not Namath.  And Koosman instead of Seaver.  No question that Seaver was the better player, and I knew that then, but for some reason, I always liked Koosman a bit better.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Noah - Tommy John

That absolutely sucks!! I was expecting a bounce back season from him. Glad we have some depth in the SR. We have a lock down #1 and a few question marks. 
Stroman needs to keep the ball down and bring the velocity up. Katz needs to finally get over thru the 5th inning. 
Offense better put 6 runs a game up for 3-5 starters. Cespedes, Cano, Alonso, Conforto better be in the zone. 

6 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Noah - Tommy John

#$%@! ^&%^! #$%@! ^&%^! #$%@! ^&%^! #$%@! ^&%^! #$%@! ^&%^! #$%@! ^&%^! #$%@! ^&%^! #$%@! ^&%^! 

#$%@! ^&%^! #$%@! ^&%^! #$%@! ^&%^! #$%@! ^&%^! #$%@! ^&%^! #$%@! ^&%^! #$%@! ^&%^! #$%@! ^&%^! 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Is Stroman capable of bringing the velocity up?

Pitchers through strength and conditioning have been known to add a mile or two. This is especially true after Tommy John surgery. Imagine what Thor will be at in 18 months.... not that it helps us any.

7 hours ago, Lith said:

Anyone interested, games 5 & 6 of 86 NLCS are on MLB Network today. 

I would rather be watching live baseball, but 10 hours of classic Mets baseball is not a bad way to spend a Saturday.

Getting ready for top of the 9th!!

Good times! Was living in MA at the time... drove all those Red Sox fans to tears

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Getting ready for top of the 9th!!

Good times! Was living in MA at the time... drove all those Red Sox fans to tears

Watched game 5 this afternoon.  Couldn't subject the wife to 10 straight hours of baseball from the 80s.  Recorded game 6 and will watch it tomorrow.

Hard to believe that was nearly 35 years ago.  I was living in Forest HIlls just across from Flushing Meadow park.  A few minutes from Shea.  Can't tell you how many times my roommate and I would be sitting around with nohting to do and head over to catch a game.  It was either $3 or $6 for general admission seats in the upper deck.  Spent a lot of time up there in 85 & 86.

• Upvote 1

McDowell & Orosco.... I loved that righty/lefty duo. Great game... lots of memories. Carter, Hernandez, Tuffel, Knight, Mookie, Wally and Lenny, Maz, Mitchell, Gooden , Straw, Ojeida, Davie, Mel, Darling, Fernandez......................,,

What a great group of characters with great no quit attitudes. Don’t think I’ll love a team more than them, and I was around for ‘69.