2019-2020 METS THREAD! It’s time has come.

32EBoozer

There is live Mets baseball on my TV (wiping tear from eye)

Thought I would hate the DH, silly schedule and no fans but in the end, it's live mets baseball on TV (wiping another tear)

Would have liked a GDT on the old Scout board, anyone know of a Mets of version of ths place? 

Maybe we can buld this one up a bit?

Game observation so far:

Fake crowd noise is silly

Stands look like Shea in '79

The Cespedes kid looks strong. When did the Mets get him?

If nothing else, I can listen to Keith forever. would have liked to know this guy in another life

I still hate Mets-Yankees games

Does no one else know that Yankees is a deregatory term for northerners? Heard it uttered in disgust my direction many times in my dealngs in the south. Team needs to change back to the Highlanders but that might upset folks who do not use drugs.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

With Blue Jays denied the chance to play in Canada, the season is still hanging by a thread IMO  

Game Day Thread:

same james franco GIFThe Song Remains the Same”

Yankee talent too much for Mets I’m sorry to say. 

Diaz still having problems. JD in mid-season form. 

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Diaz still having problems. JD in mid-season form. 

I thought Diaz was ok.  Victimized by bad defense.  He got a grounder to 2nd that Guillorme booted and a pop up to right that Parker got a bad jump on.  Defense makes plays and he gets the Yanks in order in the 9th.  It was the guys who came after him that got hit hard.

I was more concerned by what I saw out of Porcello.  UP in the zone, didn't seem to be fooling anyone, hard hit balls all night.  He was lucky to only give up 3.  Porcello and the defense were the most concerning things I saw last night.  Just one game, and it didn't count in the standings.  And at least we got a chance to watch the Mets last night.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Lith said:

I thought Diaz was ok.  Victimized by bad defense.  He got a grounder to 2nd that Guillorme booted and a pop up to right that Parker got a bad jump on.  Defense makes plays and he gets the Yanks in order in the 9th.  It was the guys who came after him that got hit hard.

I was more concerned by what I saw out of Porcello.  UP in the zone, didn't seem to be fooling anyone, hard hit balls all night.  He was lucky to only give up 3.  Porcello and the defense were the most concerning things I saw last night.  Just one game, and it didn't count in the standings.  And at least we got a chance to watch the Mets last night.

Didn't get a chance to watch.....how did the Mets look hitting? Any standouts?

2 hours ago, section314 said:

Didn't get a chance to watch.....how did the Mets look hitting? Any standouts?

Bats were pretty quiet most of the night.  Alonzo had two hits, drove in a run, but neither ball was hit hard.  Conforto and Davis probably had the hardest hit balls of the night.  Both went for doubles.  Rosario hit a triple in the 9th.  Scored on a base hit by Nunez.

Other than that, pretty quiet night for the offense.  Aside from the offense, defense and pitching it was a good night.  At least it didn't count.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Lith said:

Bats were pretty quiet most of the night.  Alonzo had two hits, drove in a run, but neither ball was hit hard.  Conforto and Davis probably had the hardest hit balls of the night.  Both went for doubles.  Rosario hit an nice oppostie field triple in the 9th.  Scored on a base hit by Nunez.

Other than that, pretty quiet night for the offense.  Aside from the offense, defense and pitching it was a good night.  At least it didn't count.

"Other than all THAT, Mrs. Lincoln....how was the play?"

• Haha 3

So anyone watching tonights game?

Weird with G, K & R broadcasting from CitiField from monitors of the YES feed. They are going to do that for all road games this year. 

They are using a video game from the sound crowds piped over the system (The Show?) and it sounds so phoney as to be laughable.

meanwhile both these games seem like the 4th NFL preseason game

6 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

or Shea in '79

Had to close the Upper Deck for many games all the way through 1984 (thanks Mr. Grant) but the good news is that GA was a section or two in the Mezz reserve behind 1st and 3rd, and even then it was only a few people. 

Remember that well.  Think it was $6 bucks for a GA seat in the mezzanine.  No deals like that today.  Lived in Forest Hiils in the early to mid 80s.  My buddy and I would just head over to Shea after work all the time and catch a game for a few bucks.  Still kept going as much in 86, but had to spend a bit more on tix.

3 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

So anyone watching tonights game?

Weird with G, K & R broadcasting from CitiField from monitors of the YES feed. They are going to do that for all road games this year. 

They are using a video game from the sound crowds piped over the system (The Show?) and it sounds so phoney as to be laughable.

meanwhile both these games seem like the 4th NFL preseason game

Yup.  I am watching.  I really hope we don't need Oswalt as 5th starter if deGrom is not ready to go.  Tough watching him tonight, and I don't remember him ever having a strong outing over the last few seasons.

And our defense better be better than it has been these two games.  At least the games don't count.  Yet.  Cause there has been some ugly baseball these two nights.

But at least it is baseball,

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Lith said:

Gsellman also on the IL with triceps tightness.  So, who is our 5th starter?  Walker Lockett? Corey Oswalt?  Someone not on team yet?

Doesn't this figure.  And Wheeler is healthy in Philly.

Plus Mookie Betts signed a 12 year deal with the Dodgers so, even if we get Steve Cohen as our next owner, Betts won't be a Met.

11 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Anyone else for Lugo as a starter? It's about (expletive deleted) time

It's gonna be David Petterson.....have to see if this guy can cut it. Have drafted a ton of highly rated pitchers the last two years, time to find out if this guy is part of the plan going forward.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, section314 said:

It's gonna be David Petterson.....have to see if this guy can cut it. Have drafted a ton of highly rated pitchers the last two years, time to find out if this guy is part of the plan going forward.

good point !

They need this guy to make it, especially with  Stroman becoming a FA next season

• Sympathy 1

OK, it's Opening Day

Won't be the same as normal but at least:

1. It's the Mets
  2. We finally get to see Cespedes again
  3. 16 teams in the playoffs means that there will be more in than out, Maybe even a team under .500. Mets should make it one would think. With the short season the pennant race actually started yesterday
  4. Even if they don't make the playoffs, there is still deGrom every fifth day
  5. ... and if there isn't even a deGrom, at least we have Gary, Keith and Ron. Especially Keith,
  6. Would have liked to go to the ballpark but at least we are saving money on ticket
  7. Well it's late July and they are tied for first ! 

Looking forward to 4:05p

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, The Crimson King said:

deGrom 1k's, one walk, no hits to start off

throwing hard

Maybe this year he throws the first legitimate no-hitter for the Mets

I say that too.  I hate that our "no-no" isn't legit.  Hopefully, it's Jake who gets it (since it's not going to be Doc or Seaver).  3 legends.

• Upvote 1