2019-2020 METS THREAD! It’s time has come.

32EBoozer

Just now, The Crimson King said:

Mets win

On track for a 60-0 season, still not as many winas as the '67 club though

Diaz with a save. Slider was working but he did give up itwo long fouls

Best part about baseball is there is another game tomorrow

I wonder if the Mets will win fewer games this year than they did in 1962.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Crimson King said:

Mets win

On track for a 60-0 season, still not as many win as as the '67 club though

Diaz with a save. Slider was working but he did give up two long fouls

Best part about baseball is there is another game tomorrow

Adams foul got me nervous.  He might benefit from no fans in the seats, at least when the games are at Citi.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

Actually if they go 40-20, it would match '86 as their best ever winning percentage

With 16 teams in the playoffs, 30-30 should get them in the post season

And match 1962 for fewest wins in a season.  A connection between their best and worst seasons in team history.  That would be WILD!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Baseball is backkkk!!!

Really happy with the win today. I think a 1-0 victory is one of the best things in the sport. deGrom was in his deGrominant form, and though the offense was quiet the Cespedes homer put the biggest smile on my face.

LFGM

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Baseball is backkkk!!!

Really happy with the win today. I think a 1-0 victory is one of the best things in the sport. deGrom was in his deGrominant form, and though the offense was quiet the Cespedes homer put the biggest smile on my face.

LFGM

Agreed. A masterful pitching duel is edge of your seat exciting!!

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yoenis Cespedes has now homered in 3 straight games.  Ot took him over 800 days to do it. 

Per ESPN stats.

It was like May 2018, July 2018 and July 2020.  Has to be some sort of record.  IIRC, one of the HRs (I think his most recent before today) was against the Yankees.

15 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

METS WIN !!!!! METS WIN !!!!! METS WIN !!!!!!!

Diaz doesn't suck !!!!!!!!!

It's a bit early to say that.  Freddie Freeman hit a bomb off Diaz but it was foul.  Matt Adams might have also hit one that would've been a homer had it not been foul as well.  But definitely not complaining.  1-0!

59 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's a bit early to say that.  Freddie Freeman hit a bomb off Diaz but it was foul.  Matt Adams might have also hit one that would've been a homer had it not been foul as well.  But definitely not complaining.  1-0!

Not saying that Diaz is fixed, but the slider had snap yesterday. And the tail on the 3-2 pitch to Freeman to freeze him on the outside corner was a thing of beauty.

Interesting that the Mets immediately switched to Justin Wilson, rather than Betances after the Mets took the lead.

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Not saying that Diaz is fixed, but the slider had snap yesterday. And the tail on the 3-2 pitch to Freeman to freeze him on the outside corner was a thing of beauty.

Interesting that the Mets immediately switched to Justin Wilson, rather than Betances after the Mets took the lead.

After a season (and a game) I still have no idea what to make of Diaz.  His stuff is electric.  96+ fastball, tight breaking slider.  He looks unhittable at times.  But he seems to make that one bad pitch that always comes back to bite him.  I can see how he was so dominant in Seattle a couple of years ago. 

Maybe it is a good sign that last night, the mistakes were foul balls, last year, they leave the park.  We need 2018 Diaz this season.

12 minutes ago, Lith said:

After a season (and a game) I still have no idea what to make of Diaz.  His stuff is electric.  96+ fastball, tight breaking slider.  He looks unhittable at times.  But he seems to make that one bad pitch that always comes back to bite him.  I can see how he was so dominant in Seattle a couple of years ago. 

Maybe it is a good sign that last night, the mistakes were foul balls, last year, they leave the park.  We need 2018 Diaz this season.

My expectations on Diaz are very low.  I think he got lucky to not give up a game-tying HR last night.  I agree that his stuff looks like it's very good but somehow he seems to gets rocked on a regular basis.

It's really a shame that we lost Syndergaard this year.  (Wheeler too but we lost him due to the Coupons, not injuries.)  Jake and Noah would've been a very strong backbone for our pitching staff.  With our lineup and having a DH this year, we'd be a real threat.  It's not out of the question we can still be very good but our pitching staff has a lot of question marks now.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Everything works off the slider working. If he has that pitch, then hitters can't sit fastball. 

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Diaz is back 

you called this 4 hours ago

This runner on second for extra innings is silly

This, the DH and 16 team playoffs is making a game that has been dimished even more so

at least when I talk to younger folks and say, "listen sonny, when I was your age this game was so much better", I'll be spot on

1 hour ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

HE SUCKS NOW !!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

9394573.gif

I jinxed him. Gotta give Ozuna credit, he took an outside pitch (wish it would have been down more) and rode it out. Pretty good piece of hitting.

Now, we will see if this turns Diaz into jelly. Interested to see how he responds. Let's say I am a little worried.

Each L counts like almost 3 Ls in a regular 162 game season. So yesterday was esp rough for a Mets fan because it brought back bad memories from 2019. When imo two relief pitchers took us out of a possible playoff spot. Diaz gave up 15 ninth inning Hrs last year. Look if this manager does not want to get fired too, he's got to change the rotation. At the most one more blown save for Diaz if not he goes into long relief. I'm still numb from that loss yesterday even with the euphoria I felt because of the good Jets trade. PS I think the reason they stick with Diaz is because of the GM. He likes to micromanage the manager and giving up on Diaz makes him look bad because of all he gave up and took on (contract of Cano). The alternative is another non playoff year because of Diaz. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Each L counts like almost 3 Ls in a regular 162 game season. So yesterday was esp rough for a Mets fan because it brought back bad memories from 2019. When imo two relief pitchers took us out of a possible playoff spot. Diaz gave up 15 ninth inning Hrs last year. Look if this manager does not want to get fired too, he's got to change the rotation. At the most one more blown save for Diaz if not he goes into long relief. I'm still numb from that loss yesterday even with the euphoria I felt because of the good Jets trade. PS I think the reason they stick with Diaz is because of the GM. He likes to micromanage the manager and giving up on Diaz makes him look bad because of all he gave up and took on (contract of Cano). The alternative is another non playoff year because of Diaz. 

.500 is going to make the playoffs this year. If this Mets club can't finish .500 or better, they do not deserve anything.

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

.500 is going to make the playoffs this year. If this Mets club can't finish .500 or better, they do not deserve anything.

What we saw yesterday is a capsule of what we saw in 2019. Which was too bad because Brodie gave up a lot of assets to get Diaz they planned to have a good bullpen and it dramatically failed. They eventually took Diaz out of that role but probably too late.