2019-2020 METS THREAD! It’s time has come.

32EBoozer

12 minutes ago, section314 said:

I hope your son will be able to get back to his normal velocity, and enjoy playing again. This always reminds me of what a great pitching coach Rube Walker was for the Mets. Seaver, Koosman, Ryan and Tug all pitched into their 40's, and were still effective.

Thank you, he was just able to fell himself again this summer. 

Rube Walker, Joe Pignatono and the bullpen tomato garden

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Thank you, he was just able to fell himself again this summer. 

Rube Walker, Joe Pignatono and the bullpen tomato garden

Ever tell you about the time I was the bat boy for the 69 miracle Mets?  2 nicest dudes in the world right there.  

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Dafuq?  I thought you were in your 40s.  lol.  

lol - my Mom worked for Steve Zabriski in the late 80's.  He used to host a baseball tournament for anyone over 30 to enter in Port St. Lucie right before the start of spring training and the winners would play the 69 Mets.  The tournament was a week long, the Mets players all just hung out for the week like a vacation before they had to play their 1 game.  Rube and Joe loved me for some reason and would take me all around the practice fields, introduced me to current players (got pictures with my idols at the time, Doc and Darryl plus all the other player, Ron Darling was the coolest).   But yeah, the bat boy was cool.  Met everyone!  The only player who wasnt there was Nolan Ryan (and I player who passed that I cant remember) because Nolan was still playing.

• Upvote 2

Seaver still had it.  These guys couldnt touch him.  And he was toying with them, toss the ball up over his back catching in the air and pitching, throwing it between his legs during his motion, it was unreal.  He was doing like globetrotter type stuff on the mound and he was like 50. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, JiF said:

lol - my Mom worked for Steve Zabriski in the late 80's.  He used to host a baseball tournament for anyone over 30 to enter in Port St. Lucie right before the start of spring training and the winners would play the 69 Mets.  The tournament was a week long, the Mets players all just hung out for the week like a vacation before they had to play their 1 game.  Rube and Joe loved me for some reason and would take me all around the practice fields, introduced me to current players (got pictures with my idols at the time, Doc and Darryl plus all the other player, Ron Darling was the coolest).   But yeah, the bat boy was cool.  Met everyone!  The only player who wasnt there was Nolan Ryan (and I player who passed that I cant remember) because Nolan was still playing.

That's awesome!  I don't think you missed anything by not meeting Nolan Ryan.  From what I know he's not a very personable guy.  

He never shows up for any events, either, so not surprising.  lol.  

44 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's awesome!  I don't think you missed anything by not meeting Nolan Ryan.  From what I know he's not a very personable guy.  

He never shows up for any events, either, so not surprising.  lol.  

Yeah it was cool. My mom was his secretary and she was sent down there for 2 weeks during the summer, so I was allowed to tag along.  My dad came down later which was really cool because I didnt know these guys like he did.  It was like he was the kid but he told me stories about the players and it was like reliving it all with him.  At the time, I was more excited about all the current players were showing up that I got to meet.  Doc, Darryl, Darling, McReynolds, Howie, Jeffries, Carter, Sasser, Magadan, Ojeda, Viola.  I didnt me them but Mookie, Dykstra, Hernandez, Cone were all  there too, among others.  

Another neat thing, it was like this big party so celebrities would show up.  I dont remember them all but the one I remember the most was Leslie Nielsen.  He was just as big of a goof ball as he was in the movies.  He had a flower that squirted water on his suit and one of the handshake shock thingies.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Hey, I thought this was a Mets MB?

Did anyone realize Mets took 2 from the Yankees yesterday? Romario with the game 2 walk-off two run homer.

Get back to work gentleman!!!

Where’s @Philc1 to offer a Yankees fans take  I think I read that Yankees have lost 7 in a row  Ouch!!

Great day for the Mets.  Alonzo and Dom in game 1.  Diaz with a clean inning to nail down the save.  Rosario walk-off in game 2.  Pretty sure the Mets are in one of the WC playoff spots if the season ended today.  And it is sounding like the team is closing in on sale to Steve Cohen.

Things are looking up.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Lith said:

Great day for the Mets.  Alonzo and Dom in game 1.  Diaz with a clean inning to nail down the save.  Rosario walk-off in game 2.  Pretty sure the Mets are in one of the WC playoff spots if the season ended today.  And it is sounding like the team is closing in on sale to Steve Cohen.

Things are looking up.

I do not want the Wilpons retaining any ownership whatsoever!! No matter how low the percentage. 

43 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Porcello, Cano and Conforto get 3 ? 

Alonso and Davis 2 ? 

3-4 from Yanks & going for 4-5

May have jumped the gun just a bit on this post.  I never want to see Edwin Diaz trotted out in a save situation for this team again.  

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Mets and Yankees are both horrible teams right now.

Yanks are playing like crap.   Injuries, gardner looks old, sanchez is one of the worst hitters in baseball.

They are not a good team, but for 20 minutes I had fun watching them.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

This whole season has been an abortion. Baseball is not meant to be played like this.

I do not like it.

7 inning games, guys on 2nd base.  60 game season.   I have always said, who ever wins the ws, it comes with a huge asterisk.   Post season awards will be a joke.   

• Upvote 3