2019-2020 METS THREAD! It’s time has come.

32EBoozer

swept by the marlins!! ugh

Shut out last 2 games and McNeil, our lead off hitter has scored a run in like 9 games! great!

I dont understand why the FO thought that the offense was greatly improved. Our 2 offensive additions, Lowry and Cano, what a joke. thank god we have Alonzo.

5 games under .500 already...... Now what?

I'm sensing that there's "No Joy In Metville".  Have a little patience boys, "change is gonna come".  Soon.  The season is not over yet.  Close, but not there.   Starting pitching is o.k. Bullpen is not horrendous, right now.

What's up with the lack of hitting.....  Seems like the drought coincided with the return of Todd Frazier.  What is it with guys named Todd???  Put JD  Davis in the lineup and leave him there.

The #1 reason the Mickey has to go right now is not his "in-game" managing.  That, curiously, has gotten better.  The fact that the fielding sucks,  the team does not hustle, and there is no "edge", or sense of urgency, and accountability is the reason why.  If he had the balls to call someone out, or bench someone for lack of hustle or concentration, Robinson Cano, are you listening?, I might feel differently.  He hasn't, and I don't.  Life is not all sweetness and flowers.  Sometimes you have to kick some ass!!!  Now is that time.  Next.

When I noticed all the "activity" on this thread, I assumed that it was news involving the "manager".  Boy, was I wrong. 

Funny how this doesn't surprise me or dismay me all that much.  At this point I wasn't expecting much from him this year, if anything at all.  Always something with this guy, never seems too driven to resume his baseball career.  I assume that Golf and "Ranching" are the priorities.  Now it seems like he'll be able to do neither for the foreseeable future.

Good luck to him.  He's "dead to me".  Almost as bad as Jason Bay.  Almost.

• Thumb Down 1

On 5/20/2019 at 5:57 PM, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

When I noticed all the "activity" on this thread, I assumed that it was news involving the "manager".  Boy, was I wrong. 

Funny how this doesn't surprise me or dismay me all that much.  At this point I wasn't expecting much from him this year, if anything at all.  Always something with this guy, never seems too driven to resume his baseball career.  I assume that Golf and "Ranching" are the priorities.  Now it seems like he'll be able to do neither for the foreseeable future.

Good luck to him.  He's "dead to me".  Almost as bad as Jason Bay.  Almost.

Cespedes is making 29 million this year and can't play but can run a ranch? Bay sucked but at least he tried. Another question I have is how can you tell me you are trying to win and still have Todd Frazier starting at 3rd base, he has done nothing for 3 years, he should be a bench player and backup.

• Upvote 1

On 5/23/2019 at 3:24 PM, Lith said:

Well, who saw that coming. 4 game sweep of the Nats on the heels of the being swept in Miami. Juan Lagares and Rajai Davis the heroes yesterday. Carlos Gomez today. Needed this reminder that baseball can be fun.

Let’s go Mets!!! Keep it going.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Crazy the contributions from players who werent on the roster opening day, already.

It was lovely seeing them get back to .500....but this road trip is brutal.  If they're somehow able to keep it around the .500 mark and get 3 wins, I'd be pretty happy with that...but I dont see a pretty outlook.  They could easily lose 4 of the next 6, if not lose the whole west coast trip. 

5 hours ago, JiF said:

Crazy the contributions from players who werent on the roster opening day, already.

It was lovely seeing them get back to .500....but this road trip is brutal.  If they're somehow able to keep it around the .500 mark and get 3 wins, I'd be pretty happy with that...but I dont see a pretty outlook.  They could easily lose 4 of the next 6, if not lose the whole west coast trip. 

The pitching (starting) is not what it was ever cracked up to be.

My hope is that they deal Wheeler for one of the Padres true stud starting pitchers.

23 hours ago, JiF said:

There is a 0% chance they win another game in L.A.

On 5/28/2019 at 3:51 PM, Scott Dierking said:

The pitching (starting) is not what it was ever cracked up to be.

My hope is that they deal Wheeler for one of the Padres true stud starting pitchers.

How about that relief pitching!!!????!!!

2 hours ago, faba said:

How come e practically every free agent we get never performs like they did with their former team Mr. Diaz

One or the worst losses ever vs. Dodgers- up 8-3 and lose 9-8. Diaz is a shell of himself. And this manager SUCKS.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JiF said:

It's not every day you get a chance to blow a 5 run lead. 

I was watching the game up until the eighth inning when Gary Cohan the announcer said it’s 8 to 5 we got two more innings left I know it’s late it’s 117 in the morning but hang in there with us. I knew then to turn the TV off . I woke up about a half hour later and turned it back on to see the final run score. It’s hard to keep watching this team. Terrible managing, terrible defense and the pitching staff is just brutal. 

• Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

I was watching the game up until the eighth inning when Gary Cohan the announcer said it’s 8 to 5 we got two more innings left I know it’s late it’s 117 in the morning but hang in there with us. I knew then to turn the TV off . I woke up about a half hour later and turned it back on to see the final run score. It’s hard to keep watching this team. Terrible managing, terrible defense and the pitching staff is just brutal. 

Sell, sell, sell and more selling.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

The only 4 guys anybody would want( Jake, Conforto, Rosario and Alonzo) are the core of the future. Anybody else, however, help yourself?

You hold onto Diaz. Prior to last night, he had a 1.64 ERA.

It came up today that the Mets feel that the Dodgers may be stealing signals. They are not the first team to bring this up (why they do it to the public, I have no idea). Dodger batters are taking healthy cuts, a lot. Up to the Mets to better disguise their signals.

• Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, JiF said:

It's not every day you get a chance to blow a 5 run lead. 

This game was blown when they had a chance to add on runs when up 8-3.  No  reason in the world that a "good" team doesn't tack on two more runs to go up 10-3.  That would've done it.  Frazier looked wonderful in that at-bat.  Not even an attempt at a sacrifice fly.  Just more of the same ol, same ol.  Tired of it already.  Enough.  After they left those runs out there, I had a bad feeling....  Never fails.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, section314 said:

The only 4 guys anybody would want( Jake, Conforto, Rosario and Alonzo) are the core of the future. Anybody else, however, help yourself?

With you on those 4. I’d keep Lugo and Gselman as well. They’ve both been solid and can slide into starting roles. Trading deadline can’t come soon enuf. This season is shot already. Wheeler, Thor, Matz all need to go as they could provide numerous and much needed prospects as our farm system is, let me be polite, defunct of talent. Dom,Familiia, Ramos, Nimo, Frazier, Diaz could bring draft picks and maybe a few prospects as well. No one is touching Cano unless he goes on a tear which is unlikely.  I’d also bring up that young lefty Kay who is pitching lights out in Double AA. Is he the lone star in their farm system? I don’t hear of anyone else. He could take Vargas’ spot as the #5 pitcher. They should just cut Vargas’. He is useless and killing the bullpen. He can’t even go 4 innings. It’s a joke. It’s time to clean house. 

And they need to FIRE Callaway. His lineups SUCK. He is also just horrible at managing the pitching staff. I used to love Sparky Anderson. He’d pull a pitcher out regardless of his role if he wasn’t getting the job done. Sparky didn’t play. Callaway leaves these clowns in after giving up hit after hit after hit after hit. By the time he makes a change, the game is already out of hand. 

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

You hold onto Diaz. Prior to last night, he had a 1.64 ERA.

It came up today that the Mets feel that the Dodgers may be stealing signals. They are not the first team to bring this up (why they do it to the public, I have no idea). Dodger batters are taking healthy cuts, a lot. Up to the Mets to better disguise their signals.

Or drill somebody

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Wonderboy said:

With you on those 4. I’d keep Lugo and Gselman as well. They’ve both been solid and can slide into starting roles. Trading deadline can’t come soon enuf. This season is shot already. Wheeler, Thor, Matz all need to go as they could provide numerous and much needed prospects as our farm system is, let me be polite, defunct of talent. Dom,Familiia, Ramos, Nimo, Frazier, Diaz could bring draft picks and maybe a few prospects as well. No one is touching Cano unless he goes on a tear which is unlikely.  I’d also bring up that young lefty Kay who is pitching lights out in Double AA. Is he the lone star in their farm system? I don’t hear of anyone else. He could take Vargas’ spot as the #5 pitcher. They should just cut Vargas’. He is useless and killing the bullpen. He can’t even go 4 innings. It’s a joke. It’s time to clean house. 

Tnx for mentioning Dom. Keep him too.

36 minutes ago, section314 said:

Tnx for mentioning Dom. Keep him too.

He’s expendable with Alonso slamming it. Dom is strictly a 1st baseman and would be a nice chip to trade in a package. Nice to see him finally come around. Trade him by the trade deadline and get a prospect. We have so many positions, C, 3rd base, OF, pitching where we need young talent.

9 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

He’s expendable with Alonso slamming it. Dom is strictly a 1st baseman and would be a nice chip to trade in a package. Nice to see him finally come around. Trade him by the trade deadline and get a prospect. We have so many positions, C, 3rd base, OF, pitching where we need young talent.

They have to find out what they have in JD Davis too. Kid looks intriguing

• Upvote 1