2019-2020 METS THREAD! It’s time has come.

32EBoozer

Drove up to MIlwaukee tonight for the Brewers game.  Sitting in the stands, watching the Mets on the mlb app.  Guillorme hits the home run and I jump out of my seat and scream, "Yes, tie game."  Got some pretty strange looks from the people sitting around me.

LFGM!!!

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Lith said:

Drove up to MIlwaukee tonight for the Brewers game.  Sitting in the stands, watching the Mets on the mlb app.  Guillorme hits the home run and I jump out of my seat and scream, "Yes, tie game."  Got some pretty strange looks from the people sitting around me.

LFGM!!!

To bad Brewers won. I’m sure you tried to put the jinx on them 

9 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Uggh! What is up with Diaz? Someone needs to fix this guy. Fans booing him won’t help his confidence. That Alonso error was huge. He makes that throw and it’s a different ballgame 

Fun game at Citi yesterday even with the outcome, and the stands are energized.

A special treat was as I got my food at the First data restaurant area, I idle up to a table and who is standing across from, but Ed Kranepool. Spoke to he and his wife for about 20 minutes. Great guy and he is doing much better (kidney transplant last year). 

My son caught a foul ball, and gave it to a young child. Overall, great day, even with the L. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Fun game at Citi yesterday even with the outcome, and the stands are energized.

A special treat was as I got my food at the First data restaurant area, I idle up to a table and who is standing across from, but Ed Kranepool. Spoke to he and his wife for about 20 minutes. Great guy and he is doing much better (kidney transplant last year). 

My son caught a foul ball, and gave it to a young child. Overall, great day, even with the L. 

That IS a GREAT DAY!! Happy for Ed.... having donated a kidney 6 years ago I realize how greatly a life can be improved by organ donations.

• Upvote 2

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/page/powerrankings081219/power-rankings-make-way-new-no-1

Mets ranked ten in latest Power Rankings!

New York Mets
2019 record: 61-57
Week 18 ranking: 17

nym.png&w=220&h=220Think about what has changed for right-hander Zack Wheeler in the past few weeks. He was on the injured list with shoulder trouble, still prime trade-bait material, and his ERA was an unsightly 4.71. Since then, he got healthy, avoided a trade and has won his past three starts, permitting nary a run in the most recent two. He also lowered his ERA to a season-best 4.20. The schedule shows Wheeler facing the Braves and Royals this coming week, both on the road. If he and Steven Matz continue thriving, perhaps a playoff berth is not so daunting. -- Karabell

ICYMI: Key matchups for Mets, other contenders down the stretch

14 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Can someone explain how the fk Matz was pulled at 79 pitches the way he was pitching?? And then he hits and is pulled? I don’t like calling out managers but WTF??

...and he switched out JD.

Why bring Lugo in for the 7th and 8th? So Diaz can blow it in the 9th?

Not to mention Lugo is done tomorrow 

I could go on, but we know Mickey isn’t very good at this managing thing...

• Upvote 1

On 8/7/2019 at 3:36 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

So is Mickey Callaway good now or just "meh"?  Honest question.

On 8/7/2019 at 7:08 PM, JiF said:

Meh.  Give him credit for keeping the team together and focused, for sure.  But as exciting as this is, they're beating the dregs of the MLB right now.

I legit predicted this in thread a few weeks ago.  And he hasnt had to make any decisions.  They're mashing the ball and he's been getting great starting matched with comfortable leads.  It wont be so easy in the next coming series, at least I dont think. 

All that said, when both starting pitching and mashing come together, it's a tough to beat recipe.   So I'm a little more optimistic going into this stretch than I was when I posted...

This team is so easy to predict.  It’s the same ******* story told over and over and over again.  

The second Mick actually has to make a decision, he sh*ts his pants 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Can someone explain how the fk Matz was pulled at 79 pitches the way he was pitching?? And then he hits and is pulled? I don’t like calling out managers but WTF??

I popped into the thread today to say this ^^^

9 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

...and he switched out JD.

Why bring Lugo in for the 7th and 8th? So Diaz can blow it in the 9th?

Not to mention Lugo is done tomorrow 

I could go on, but we know Mickey isn’t very good at this managing thing...

And this ^^^

53 minutes ago, JiF said:

This team is so easy to predict.  It’s the same ******* story told over and over and over again.  

The second Mick actually has to make a decision, he sh*ts his pants 

And, finally, this ^^^

But you guys already said it, so I don't have to.  Infuriating game last night.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Lith said:

I popped into the thread today to say this ^^^

And this ^^^

And, finally, this ^^^

But you guys already said it, so I don't have to.  Infuriating game last night.

I was just a series behind, I should have known better that we'd get past the Nats only to be swept by the ******* Braves.

That was all Mick last night though.  The team showed up and he sh*t his pants, again. 

2 hours ago, JiF said:

I was just a series behind, I should have known better that we'd get past the Nats only to be swept by the ******* Braves.

That was all Mick last night though.  The team showed up and he sh*t his pants, again. 

The irony in the whole thing is that he managed the top of the 7th perfectlly.  Everything worked out exactly as he would have hoped.  Leaves Matz in.  He gets a hit.  Starts a rally.  Team takes the lead.  Matz has just thrown 79 pitches.  Retired 14 straight.  Surely he has another inning or two in him.

And then he completely f**ks it all up by pulling Matz.  What did he expect?  3 innings out of Lugo?  Some combination Lugo/Familia/Diaz.  No idea what he was thinking.  There is just no scenario where pulling Matz made sense after letting him hit in the top ofthe inning.

13 minutes ago, Lith said:

The irony in the whole thing is that he managed the top of the 7th perfectlly.  Everything worked out exactly as he would have hoped.  Leaves Matz in.  He gets a hit.  Starts a rally.  Team takes the lead.  Matz has just thrown 79 pitches.  Retired 14 straight.  Surely he has another inning or two in him.

And then he completely f**ks it all up by pulling Matz.  What did he expect?  3 innings out of Lugo?  Some combination Lugo/Familia/Diaz.  No idea what he was thinking.  There is just no scenario where pulling Matz made sense after letting him hit in the top ofthe inning.

He'd do it 100 out of 100 times, Lith.  The guy rivals Todd Bowles with this game management logic.   

1 minute ago, JiF said:

He'd do it 100 out of 100 times, Lith.  The guy rivals Todd Bowles with this game management logic.   

And I still would have no idea what he was thinking, Not after the 50th time.  Or the 75th.  Or even after the 100th time. 

Why it it so hard for the guy to just admit a mistake.  I f**ked up. I made a mistake.  Should have left him in.  I will be better next time. 

Is that so hard.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Whomever made that decision should be fired, if it was Mick, fire his ass, if it was some tool analytics clown measuring spin rate, fire his ass, if it was Brody, fire his ass. May have ruined the season last night with that stupidity 

Calloway just does not belong in the dugout making decisions.

I thought I was going to have to drive to Atl. and execute Mickey myself last night.  My god.  I legit thought he was going to let Gagnon just throw the game away.  And of course he brings in Diaz who proceeds to throw 4 straight balls. 

Real shame because we should have taken the 2 of the 3. 

Diaz has single handedly cost the Mets a playoff spot so far this year. It’s an incredible accomplishment. Ineptitude of the highest order.

He has joined Jim Fregosi and George Foster on my personal list of the worst trade acquisitions in Mets history. If Kelenich or Dunn pan out, he might become the worst.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Diaz has single handedly cost the Mets a playoff spot so far this year. It’s an incredible accomplishment. Ineptitude of the highest order.

He has joined Jim Fregosi and George Foster on my personal list of the worst trade acquisitions in Mets history. If Kelenich or Dunn pan out, he might become the worst.

What’s worse is the two prospects we traded for him are looking legit. And Cano has been worthless in the first of what we hoped would be 2 solid years from him. That trade is looking like an epic disaster right now 

• Upvote 1

On 8/16/2019 at 11:13 PM, 14 in Green said:

George Foster was a Free Agent signing

• Upvote 1