32EBoozer

2019-2020 METS THREAD! It’s time has come.

Just can’t see the Mets doing anything positive this year, we got no money to spend and a GM that’s gonna try and wheel and deal but has been bent over on his biggest move and had almost no success on the rest. Not an optimistic off season to say the least 

Hopefully the guys that are here improve just enough to keep us in the hunt 

1 minute ago, RVAJet815 said:

While true...we do have the Cohen sale on the horizon. I can get through 1 more Wilpon penny pinching off-season with the potential for better days to come. At least there’s a light at the end of the tunnel

I get it and In typical Mets fan fashion I’ll be pumped for the season based on the ending of last year, BUT if BVW would’ve done absolutely nothing last off-season we would’ve been Far better off then we were, take that into account and add we have no money to spend and the fact the BVW isn’t gonna just sit in his hands and in a lol concerned to say the least 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

So no one is excited by the big Jake Marisnick trade? Just what the Mets needed, a .230 hitter. Well at least he hits righty. May as well have kept Lagares?

Rumors still abound about acquiring Marte on a trade. Worried about what Brodie would give up though 

Brodie scares the sh*t out of me, and I’m not one of these doom and gloom fans. But him a Jeff together are a terrible combination. 
Team doesn’t want to spend money but acquire an over the hill overpaid ex yankee all while giving up the 6th player in the draft at a position we are in desperate need of 

McCagnen esk 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

If they can get Marte for Nimmo and Stroman, and keep Dom Smith, sign me up.

Don’t wanna get rid of stroman at all if we are intent on competing and if I’m getting rid of nimmo or Smith. It’s Smith just because he has no place in this team. 
I am no nimmo fan and was really hoping it was him on the camp deal over the rumblings of Klenic or McNeil but he fits better than Dom on this team 

9 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Ha! , was just being facetious.

I wonder how much long-term damage that trade will prove to be

meanwhile, some other interesting rumors,

Mets inquired about Hader (would cost way too much and besides the Yankees and Dodgers are also interested so no way the Mets compete without major damage to the roster)  

Rangers and Mets discussing a deal with Dom and Lowrie. I forgot all about the latter, easy enough to do after last year

Mets shopping Familia (sell low, buy high)

all this trade stuff is fun to talk about but let's face it, the Mets just don't have many bullets in the gun

What really needs to happen is Diaz and Familia returning to form, Conforto stepping up one more level, Rosario continuing his second half and one of Porcello/Wacha returning to form. I also would not complain if Syndergaard went for some big player. Kinda had enough of the act and he is just not the star people think he is. 

Noah is the hardest player for me, in one instances I feel he is very overrated and then in the next breathe I feel Mets fans don’t know what we have in him as a #2

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, section314 said:

What do you think of Nimmo? I like him, but am not 100% sold on him. Seems like he is incredibly liked in MLB team circles. Have a friend who has been a Cardinal area scout for years( busts my balls all the time asking me if I want to try on his World Series rings) and he told me last year that in the Cano trade, Mariners wanted either Kalenick or Nimmo. Mets supposedly love him.

I would’ve rather given up Nimmo. We are desperate for a CF. Nimmo has real good “new number” but like you I am not sold on him and we are way over stocked on corner outfielders 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Imagine if by some miracle he was able to play? Where the heck would they put him? 

BTW: Getting psyched here. LGM !

As a typical met fan Spring brings eternal hope. I’m pumped for the season 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Nimmo is an analytic Star. He’s above average in CF, and a big plus offensively.

If you go by the metrics, he’s a good guy to have in the lineup, he really is.

I get the analytic thing, I do. But defensively above average is very generous rating for him. Adequate seems more appropriate and for a team that is basically built on pitching we should be above avg up the middle all the way thru. But just like McCagnens jets the team was built the wrong way. We are defensively weak up the middle. 
Cano, Rosario, Ramos, Nimmo. Not really one that you can say is a real good fielder. With the exception of Rosario probably not one that is even above avg

But by the time kelenic was ready the met team would look different anyway so I get it. The real horror of that trade was bringing back Cano and his salary when we had a 2b already 

Worse GM

McCagnen or Van Waganon

I never thought anyone would be close to Mac but god dam Brodie is giving him a run for his money. Brodie is actually destroying a team while as Mac started with sh*t and ended with even worse sh*t that didn’t seem possible 

6 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

We have to hope that his "blind spot" for wanting to trade for his guys goes away. That has been a real distraction.

-The Cano trade stings. Stings a lot. I know he wanted to make an initial splash, but man that one seems like it is going to hurt. Especially when we know Cano needs to be delegated to the bench in place of Gimenez, at least short term.

We have to give him credit in not waiting to promote rookies. He did not cheap out on Alonso, and someone pushed for Gimenez. Not sure if that was Rojas or not. Be he allowed it.

-He seems to listen to his scouts when drafting. And, while we have not seen the results yet, the way he has maneuvered around getting top talent in the draft has been impressive.

-While he deservedly gets crushed for the Cano trade, he deserves credit for the JD Davis trade.

-He did get deGrom signed. And right now, that is a steal of a deal. How many times have we seen that type of talent walk?  I had no problem in letting Wheeler walk, Personally, I did not think that he was worth the money. Maybe I will be proven wrong, but he seemed to come up small in many big spots.

-It will be interesting to see how he spends, when supposedly the purse strings are loosened with a new owner. Also, the starting pitching staff will need to be revamped. Interesting decision on Syndergaard next season, when he will be coming back from injury.

I still grade Van Waganon as "incomplete", but there is NO WAY he is on a Macc level.

I’m not a prospect guy but what I’ve read, besides the obvious Cano trade, is that he gave up some real talent for Stroman and that some of his other trades have decent level guys In it. 

the cano trade is beating a dead horse but the domino effect fro that trade is mind boggling If and it’s a big if Cano’s salary affected his spending ability in wheeler 

• Upvote 1

Could the stroman trade end up being worse than the Cano trade?

BVW strikes again (although no way you could predict this season and COVID )

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company