32EBoozer

2019-2020 METS THREAD! It’s time has come.

You have to give Chili Davis the Mets new hitting coach credit. He’s got this offense rolling. And Alonso pretty consistently productive and big time power as a rookie. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Conforto has been carrying them of late but Rosario has just been unconscious since the all star break. 

Hitting about .380 I think. 

You just have to wonder what would be happening if relief pitching wasn’t killing this team. 

• Upvote 1

Balls are flying out of ballparks this season. It’s probably gotta be the balls. I don’t like it. 

Look, the Mets would have made the playoffs if not for two bad acquisitions by Brodie. The trade for Diaz and the signing of Familia. Those two guys killed any chances they might have had to win more games. Actually the team played well and over their talent level and without their power hitter, Cespedes. You can complain about Mickey's on the field moves incl with the pitching staff (and he's a pitcher and former pitching coach) but you can do that for any manager. It looked like Mickey had good relationships with the players and it is a good clubhouse. He has to get credit for that. They won 86 games more than most people thought they could win and were in contention until the final week. I also liked the fact that usually maybe with one exception Mickey was calm and cool and handled the bad times well. And I think the players understood this. Mickey is a young manager, learning and I think improving and I would have kept him on. Brodie isn't a guy I have a lot of trust in. 

Each L counts like almost 3 Ls in a regular 162 game season. So yesterday was esp rough for a Mets fan because it brought back bad memories from 2019. When imo two relief pitchers took us out of a possible playoff spot. Diaz gave up 15 ninth inning Hrs last year. Look if this manager does not want to get fired too, he's got to change the rotation. At the most one more blown save for Diaz if not he goes into long relief. I'm still numb from that loss yesterday even with the euphoria I felt because of the good Jets trade. PS I think the reason they stick with Diaz is because of the GM. He likes to micromanage the manager and giving up on Diaz makes him look bad because of all he gave up and took on (contract of Cano). The alternative is another non playoff year because of Diaz. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

.500 is going to make the playoffs this year. If this Mets club can't finish .500 or better, they do not deserve anything.

What we saw yesterday is a capsule of what we saw in 2019. Which was too bad because Brodie gave up a lot of assets to get Diaz they planned to have a good bullpen and it dramatically failed. They eventually took Diaz out of that role but probably too late. 

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

I disagree. Diaz has looked different than what he looked like the majority of last year. The slider has had bite, and it has not hung. Lat year he could not control it.

And last year, he had little control of the fastball as well. He has routinely hit the black this year.

The pitch that Ozuna hit, was not a terrible pitch. I would have preferred it be down in the zone more, but it was not a bad pitch. It was on the outer 1/3 of the plate.

Small sample size, granted, but Diaz has looked better than last year. Maybe he melts into a puddle because of this, I don't know.

I hope you’re right!

• Upvote 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company