32EBoozer

2019-2020 METS THREAD! It’s time has come.

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I haven't been paying attention so, to catch up, Jeffy hired an actual agent to be GM, then this agent/GM went out and gave huge monies to bad players that he represents, and those players are basically retiring on Fred's dime, and the manager is a powerless simp who the franchise is going to set aflame in a few weeks because the agent/GM handed him a pile of overpaid garbage to work with, plus the pitchers who were already here but whom have all taken turns for the worse?

GM did a terrible job of identifying the strengths he had and therefore failed to build around them.

The team is not only poorly constructed, the bullpen is atrocious.

5 hours ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

They are a total shi* show this year.  When you pull up at the stadium the circus theme music should be playing and the wilpons should be out front juggling balls.  They could call me up and offer me free front row tickets and a personal meeting with Alonso and I still wouldnt take my son to watch that sorry as* baseball.  Mr. Brody VanWackinIt should duck tape his damn mouth shut this offseason, because when you make statements like he did, you better be able to back it up because you now have a target on your back.

When apologizing, they spelled one guys name wrong. LOL 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

I think he's going for the most ever by a rookie also, isn't he?

I believe he already has the NL record, not sure how many he needs to set all time record though.

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Mark McGuire I think. Don't quote me on it though. I'm screwing up left and right trying to remember s**t in this thread.:dohslap:

EDIT ...and boom!!! As soon as I post this, you say its Judge. I give up, lol

If it is Judge at 50, he's got a shot.

On 8/21/2019 at 10:50 AM, Peace Frog said:

Love seeing Cano in the dugout or coming out to greet HRs guys and talking to all the youngsters and being the vet presence.  

He is  helping very much as a batting coach.

The Mets really need to win when they get excellent starting pitching, especially because their bullpen is weak.

What a waste last night.

44 minutes ago, JiF said:

Can someone help me excited for the season!?!?!?! 

I feel like we're destined for 4th in the east.

Image result for mans chest

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

I thought Alonso would have bigger pecs....

Is this Jake? 

Would you prefer Thor?

• Haha 1

I have nothing against the Mets, I want to see them do well, but I'm a Yankees fan.

8 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I know you’re a top notch Rangers lovin’ super fan...... maybe you can offer insight as to why the Yankee thread just seems lifeless? Is it socioeconomic as in Yankee fans have more things to put their attention into than blue collar Mets fans? Although I know a number of blue collar Yankee fans 

I think you're reading into it too much, it probably has more to do with Max being in there than anything else.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

deGrom is ready to roll.... this is the org. or agents way of keeping healthy and ready. He's the most prepared pitcher in the league. He'll be ready Day 1 start..... IMO

5 innings or 75 pitches. Bullpen there on out.

Not sure they got the results back, but he's listed as day to day.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Per Newsday, they got the results back and nothing to be concerned about.  

https://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/mets/jacob-degrom-back-mri-1.46904133

An MRI on Wednesday “didn’t show anything concerning” to the Mets, a source said, one day after their ace pitched only one inning because of back tightness.

Manager Luis Rojas described deGrom as day-to-day and said it was too early to know whether this would affect his availability for Opening Day, which is July 24.

Yup, I heard Rojas on with Joe Benigno.

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

.500 is going to make the playoffs this year. If this Mets club can't finish .500 or better, they do not deserve anything.

This playoff format is a joke. If they plan on doing this in a 162 game season it will be utterly ridiculous.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Don't worry guys.  I see no way this season finishes.  So....good news right?

Not if you're a Yankees fan.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Brandon Nimmo says players were told Yoenis Cespedes opted out before the game, yet the Mets announced that he was missing and they had no idea what was goin on.

I honestly can't believe the Yankees pulled that off, but when I saw Hicks come up against Diaz, I knew they had a chance.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company