32EBoozer

2019-2020 METS THREAD! It’s time has come.

Nido is no better. Someone find Mesoraco's phone number...

Frankly everything Joe said goes double for me. Thor's act is running extremely thin right now. It was always going to be that as soon as they hit, the pitching would go to hell...but it's nonetheless maddening.

• Upvote 1

OK, two things...and I'm gonna try to keep it clean.

1. I Have to give credit where it's due...this team is blessed with the ability to lose games in the stupidest, most agonizing ways possible.

2. Freaking Angel Hernandez! Flexen is an awful pitcher and he has no reason to be on the big roster...but gamecast had at least 2 of those pitches on the walk as strikes. All 4 were called balls.

One more thing...Hech needs a shot at SS. Rosario...whether it’s mental or whatever...needs a demotion. He has a bunch of crap to work through and he can’t do it here.

How is it we root for the two most snakebit teams in town? You couldn’t even make this crap up with these teams.

So angry. I think it’s high time to step away from this team for a while. The names change but the results never do.

Sounds like a football team I know ?

Right? Well the owner (temporarily) changed and I’m finally confident that the results eventually will. Mets aren’t going anywhere til the Wilpons are finally gone.

The whining we’re gonna get if Vladdy doesn’t win this is going to be awesome.

Lugo has been sent by an angel.... with the disappointment of Familia and Diaz, he has been our rock. Watching Diaz in that 1st game I wondered why this guy keeps "nibbling" at the corners? It's like he's lost all confidence. I was begging for Lugo to come in for Diaz but Calloway stuck by him and it paid off. Hopefully that sign of support and getting the 3rd out will be the thing he needed to jump start his season.

Diaz is maddening. His stuff is electric but he's clearly in his head at this point. Anyway they just need to ride Lugo as much as possible but he can't do everything. Diaz is going to have to shake it off for this team to go anywhere.

I mean it's always something with this team. They could very easily fix the pen and have the rotation be the issue next year. Jeff and Fred....er, I mean Brody...already tried to deal Thor once. And IMO there's no chance they give Wheels what he wants/deserves. It'd be so Mets to fix the pen and then have 3 starters.

• Upvote 1

Lugo is once again expressing his desire to be a starter.

May as well.. We're gonna need a back end of the rotation guy. But (another) pen overhaul is needed if they go that route.

?? Calloway IS the yes man. They’ll just find another one. It’s the Wilpon way.

Can’t trade Diaz for pennies on the dollar. This kid has sick stuff. It’s not a coincidence that all the “smart” franchises (stros, Red Sox, dodgers) were after him at the deadline. Either try to work out his mental block or throw him in a Thor deal and try to get a bigger return. Can’t just cut him or try to make him go away with his talent unfortunately.

• Upvote 2

Wasn’t just him...but Believe me I get it. I honestly don’t think he goes but if he does, it had better be for an upgrade in CF or a back end rotation arm. I can guarantee he’s not getting cut. That is definitely not the Wilpons way :D

So we’re really going to ignore the big story? This is a game changer for this franchise. I just hope he can take over sooner than later.

732f8b3c37199d23ad806546347345b7.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Just can’t see the Mets doing anything positive this year, we got no money to spend and a GM that’s gonna try and wheel and deal but has been bent over on his biggest move and had almost no success on the rest. Not an optimistic off season to say the least 

While true...we do have the Cohen sale on the horizon. I can get through 1 more Wilpon penny pinching off-season with the potential for better days to come. At least there’s a light at the end of the tunnel

Aren't we stuck with Jeffie for another 5 years? 

Betcha it's a complete rebuild by then. 

He’s a ceremonial partner for 5 years. Cohen will have 51% from the moment he’s approved per the article in Forbes.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2019/12/04/why-steve-cohen-not-wilpons-will-likely-run-the-new-york-mets-immediately/#48b34d9c416e

So we can’t afford wheels...but we can afford Porcello and Wacha. I love Wilpon logic!

What a mess. Fired by a Twitter mob. only the Mets.

Watching it now. Came on to post but you beat me. Top of the 9th starting now! Hope they skip to the 16th inning afterwards 

Just skipped to the 16th on YouTube 1:39:00

46 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

@Trolly McTrollface @The Crimson King @TuscanyTile2 @BROOKLYN JET @Scott Dierking @Jetsfan80 @Lith

To all my fellow Mets fans....... perhaps you can explain to me the disparity in passion between Mets & Yankee fans? 

I started the Mets 2020 thread on March 15th because I love this organization and missed talking with other fans. As such, we have over 1,000 posts during a paused season due to  a national pandemic and economic collapse. 

The 2020 Yankee thread only appeared two days ago and has 11 posts.... I don’t get it🤨

Is it the fact that our personalities always root for the runt of the litter/ the castoff/ the poor suffering soul? Is that why we love talking Mets baseball 24/7?

I just don’t understand their apathy. Insight appreciated. 

We just enjoy suffering...or at least that's apparent by our choice of clubs 🤷‍♂️😂

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Oh joy..... a newly discovered Mets fan. When did you start following our beloved Mets?

Welcome to the board. Looking forward to  a 60 game roller-coaster ride? 

Been around for a while, I just don't post very often I guess 😀. I posted on occasion the last couple.of seasons. In any case, been a mets fan since I was 5 in Howard Beach (1984). Earliest mets memory is a Doc Gooden game in 1985 that my dad took me too...which was huge of him since he was a huge Yankees fan. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company