32EBoozer

2019-2020 METS THREAD! It’s time has come.

17 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

They are a total shi* show this year.  When you pull up at the stadium the circus theme music should be playing and the wilpons should be out front juggling balls.  They could call me up and offer me free front row tickets and a personal meeting with Alonso and I still wouldnt take my son to watch that sorry as* baseball.  Mr. Brody VanWackinIt should duck tape his damn mouth shut this offseason, because when you make statements like he did, you better be able to back it up because you now have a target on your back.

• Upvote 1

On 10/7/2019 at 7:15 AM, Philc1 said:

If the Mets don’t hire Girardi, which they won’t, you guys should hire David Cone he will make a good manager

Im not against Cone at all.  I know he wants to become a manager because he stated it on MLB tonight or something when he was doing an instructional piece on mechanics.  With that being said there is no way they will go with someone who doesnt have experience.  BVW said both Thor and Diaz will not be traded and they have control of a few pitchers for next year.  There will be an experienced manager and they will go for broke next year.  

I can tell you one thing, nobody, and I mean NOBODY wanted our Mets to make the playoffs.  They were too damn good in the 2nd half.  The first half was abysmal and they paid for it in the long run.  Could you imagine that lineup if Cespedes and Lowery were in there?  Im more of a youth guy (and they have plenty of good youth) but damn, that would be a scary lineup.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Those are not specifics, and I have not read specifics other than "he was one of the players that said they could convey signals better".

I am not supporting or spewing guilt on Beltran here, just trying to understand what he specifically did. I did not get that from my quick read of the report.

My gut feeling is that he is going to be retained as the manager of the Mets.  The Mets have a link on the team website that specifically says that Beltran will not be disciplined by MLB (We all heard that) and there is also a link to the commissioners full report.  Beltran's name was mentioned once in a 9 page article .

From the Mets website:

Beltrán, an outfielder/designated hitter on the 2017 Astros, was among those who “discussed that the team could improve on decoding opposing teams’ signs and communicating the signs to the batter,” according to MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred. That was Beltrán’s only appearance in Manfred’s nine-page report, which limited individual punishments to Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow, manager AJ Hinch, and former assistant GM Brandon Taubman.

Here is a link to the full report:

https://img.mlbstatic.com/mlb-images/image/upload/mlb/cglrhmlrwwbkacty27l7.pdf

On 1/15/2020 at 4:10 AM, Scott Dierking said:

Those are not specifics, and I have not read specifics other than "he was one of the players that said they could convey signals better".

I am not supporting or spewing guilt on Beltran here, just trying to understand what he specifically did. I did not get that from my quick read of the report.

What a waste.  I was actually looking forward to him as manager.  Ill pick the coaching staff.

Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Todd Zeile, David Wright

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company