32EBoozer

2019-2020 METS THREAD! It’s time has come.

2 hours ago, faba said:

How come e practically every free agent we get never performs like they did with their former team Mr. Diaz

One or the worst losses ever vs. Dodgers- up 8-3 and lose 9-8. Diaz is a shell of himself. And this manager SUCKS.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JiF said:

It's not every day you get a chance to blow a 5 run lead. 

I was watching the game up until the eighth inning when Gary Cohan the announcer said it’s 8 to 5 we got two more innings left I know it’s late it’s 117 in the morning but hang in there with us. I knew then to turn the TV off . I woke up about a half hour later and turned it back on to see the final run score. It’s hard to keep watching this team. Terrible managing, terrible defense and the pitching staff is just brutal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, section314 said:

The only 4 guys anybody would want( Jake, Conforto, Rosario and Alonzo) are the core of the future. Anybody else, however, help yourself😀

With you on those 4. I’d keep Lugo and Gselman as well. They’ve both been solid and can slide into starting roles. Trading deadline can’t come soon enuf. This season is shot already. Wheeler, Thor, Matz all need to go as they could provide numerous and much needed prospects as our farm system is, let me be polite, defunct of talent. Dom,Familiia, Ramos, Nimo, Frazier, Diaz could bring draft picks and maybe a few prospects as well. No one is touching Cano unless he goes on a tear which is unlikely.  I’d also bring up that young lefty Kay who is pitching lights out in Double AA. Is he the lone star in their farm system? I don’t hear of anyone else. He could take Vargas’ spot as the #5 pitcher. They should just cut Vargas’. He is useless and killing the bullpen. He can’t even go 4 innings. It’s a joke. It’s time to clean house. 

And they need to FIRE Callaway. His lineups SUCK. He is also just horrible at managing the pitching staff. I used to love Sparky Anderson. He’d pull a pitcher out regardless of his role if he wasn’t getting the job done. Sparky didn’t play. Callaway leaves these clowns in after giving up hit after hit after hit after hit. By the time he makes a change, the game is already out of hand. 

36 minutes ago, section314 said:

Tnx for mentioning Dom. Keep him too.

He’s expendable with Alonso slamming it. Dom is strictly a 1st baseman and would be a nice chip to trade in a package. Nice to see him finally come around. Trade him by the trade deadline and get a prospect. We have so many positions, C, 3rd base, OF, pitching where we need young talent.

3 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

They have to find out what they have in JD Davis too. Kid looks intriguing

And definitely keep McNeil 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's a good thing they didn't trade one of the best OF prospects in baseball for Robinson Cano.

You have to ask is an elite closer more valuable than a 5 tool OF prospect. Let me answer my own dumb question. NO!!!!!

22 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Lugo is once again expressing his desire to be a starter.

Which is why the Stroman trade Or whatever his name is was asinine. As was the Cano trade. This GM is Macc like. Lugo is a fine 4th or 5th starter. Gromm, Matz, Wheeler, Lugo. Trade Stroman and Thor to get back some pieces. Not sure what Cano’s and Diaz Contract are but they've been an absolute waste and decimated the farm system. 

14 minutes ago, faba said:

Well some positives  this year like pete JC and mcneil. A decent bullpen would have us a wild card this year. But since our gm talked bold at the start  he has egg on his face. What to do about diaz try to move him or get him to turn it around is first bug decision

Diaz: Trade, cut, whatever get him out of here ASAP. He singlehandedly destroyed this season. Next year looks promising. Isn’t Cespedes due back and still under contract? I can see a starting D of McNeil at 3rd, Rosario SS, Cano 2nd, Alonso 1B, Ramos C, Cespedes LF, Nimmo C, Conforto RF, J Davis in a sub role. I think Frazier is a goner. Hope we hang on to Legares. And they have to try again to revamp the bullpen. 

On 9/30/2019 at 5:44 PM, section314 said:

I think Calloway will be back. This team was 11 games under .500 at the break, and played 21 games over the 2nd half. The reason they aren't playing this week is 2 guys Brodie brought in, Familia and Diaz, pure and simple. Brodie would show a heck of a lot of leadership if he took the hit and realized that Calloway did a pretty decent job when all is said and done. This off season will be interesting. This team seems to be on the verge of becoming pretty good, and could be in the mix for 5-6 years. Question #1...keep Noah or Wheeler?

Calloway did a half azz job managing the pitching staff which is what he was brought in here to primarily do. Diaz and Familia were both disastrous and Calloway continued to force the issue more than 3/4 into the season in their roles. He should have stuck a fork in Diaz at the all star break. Instead, he continued rolling him out there costing them brutal losses that they should have won.  It wasn’t until he made Lugo the closer that they were able to make a run. Nor did I care for his lineups or in game strategies.  He was constantly out coached. Get someone in here who’s more seasoned, get a different closer, make Lugo a starter. de Gromm, Wheeler, Matz, Lugo, Stroman ( who I wasn’t impressed with but as a 5th could be worse).  Thor I believe will be traded Since he’s going to be expensive to retain and probably should be since he’d fetch some prospects in return. Our farm system is baron. 

On 9/24/2019 at 11:36 AM, faba said:

Well some positives  this year like pete JC and mcneil. A decent bullpen would have us a wild card this year. But since our gm talked bold at the start  he has egg on his face. What to do about diaz try to move him or get him to turn it around is first bug decision

441AAFF5-FD61-49E9-9FE8-38C04170271F.jpeg

The future looks bright for the Mets. They have an excellent core of young hitters  and should even be better next year. Changes of course will be made but for the better.  The GM has big decisions to make over the pitching staff but I think they’ll figure it out. McNeil should be moved to third. He can handle it. Rosario has improved and coming into his own at ss. Cano was a disaster. I believe we’re stuck with him. Hopefully he bounces back. Alonso is a polar bear 🐻. Ramos also had a decent year and I believe is also under contract. Nimmo bounces back nicely after injuries all year. Comforting was solid. JD Davis was phenomenal, MVP of the team. Legares should be back as he’s great defensively. And the big question is what’s with Cespedes? 

5 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

Can’t trade Diaz for pennies on the dollar. This kid has sick stuff. It’s not a coincidence that all the “smart” franchises (stros, Red Sox, dodgers) were after him at the deadline. Either try to work out his mental block or throw him in a Thor deal and try to get a bigger return. Can’t just cut him or try to make him go away with his talent unfortunately.

I don’t give a hoot. He singlehandedly destroyed their chances this year. He was ABOMINABLE. 

47BD0B7E-CF0A-42BF-AA3E-0F4E0683906F.png

8 minutes ago, section314 said:

You mean barren.😀

That too 😂

• Like 1

On 2/24/2020 at 10:45 AM, 14 in Green said:

I think we all realize we're in a very tough division. None of us would really be that surprised if either the Braves, Mets, Phils or Nats win it this year, and another one of them gets a WC.

Why I'm optimistic about the Mets? I love our lineup, and our starting pitching. The bench is solid. I'd like better option at backup catcher, but every team has a need somewhere, and lets be honest, if that's our biggest need, we're in good shape.

What tempers my optimism? Our bullpen is what kept us from making the playoffs last year. Diaz and Familia absolutely killed us. They're both back again this year with Jeurys seeming to be the 7th inning guy, and Diaz the closer or 8th. Wherever you put them in, they've got to somehow turn it around. To be honest I could see one of them (Familia) bouncing back a bit, but after watching Diaz implode night after night last year, I just don't see it happening for him. The problem with him is the worst one I think a pitcher can have. Incredible stuff, which gives him and his catcher all the confidence in the world he can make anyone miss, but then there is the infuriating "meatball" he slips in at least once an inning that goes about 420 feet. I just don't see him reverting back to 2018, but hopefully he's a lot better then he was last year. It would be hard to be worse...

I see this team winning 90-92 games if one of those two improve. If they don't, I could see us in 4th with about 79, maybe a couple more wins. That's how important I think they are.

Diaz and Familia were both brutal. Problem was the manager kept putting them out there way too late into the season before making changes. Hopefully this year they are both put on short leashes and benched if they don’t produce. We can’t afford to lose games we should win. Watching them both meltdown and give games away was painfully excruciating. Deport them both to AAA if they struggle again. We have enough depth now in the bullpen to get to Betances to close out games. 

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Would never set foot on the mound again for the Mets if I had a say.

Familia not only LOST his starting role as a closer but was brought back and resigned for 10M per year AFTER a DV incident. 🤦🏻‍♂️

3 hours ago, Lith said:

May have jumped the gun just a bit on this post.  I never want to see Edwin Diaz trotted out in a save situation for this team again.  

I will NEVER allow myself to watch another inning when this piece of sh*t Diaz takes the mound. I knew they would bring him in and I stopped watching after the top of the 7th. I checked the score a bit later and see they blew a 7-2 lead just needing 3 outs to win. I am done with this fool. After last years embarrassing loss to the Nats, how on earth did they allow this piece of sh*t back. This GM MUST GO NOW!!!!

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company