32EBoozer

2019-2020 METS THREAD! It’s time has come.

Is it possible Alonso is the real deal?

Do pitchers figure him out next time through the league?

The dude is crushing the ball. Such a stupid stat but the exit velocity on his HR last night was 118 mph, hardest hit ball in the league this year. 

20 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Haven't you been paying attention?   OOOOHHHHH  YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!   Hell yeah!

That 99 mph laser beam  heater on the outside corner to end the game, made it all OK.  Diaz is a monster.

This is a different Mets team.  They're going to hit.  ALL YEAR.  Get used to it.  I am absolutely thrilled with the development of Conforto,  and Rosario.....

Mission accomplished.  Hate the way "the doubters" rear their ugly heads, any time this kid struggles...  It's not fair and unwarranted.  He is for real, extend him,  NOW!

Oh yeah I’ve been paying attention but I just don’t want to jinx it. 

Too bad because I like Dom Smith now that he can sleep and has lost weight. Gotta find spots for him to play but Alonso  holy cow. 

The guy I’m cautiously getting very excited about is Rosario. And geez what a swing Cano has and what they are saying right now about how he’s helping the youngsters out on watching pitchers is really great to hear. 

And maybe Conforto wins an MVP one of these years. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

There's no way to Jinx this kid.  He's the real deal.  Great future ahead.  Dom Smith has been a completely different player than what we witnessed last year and before.  Thought he was lazy.  Thought his bat was slow.  I was wrong on both counts.  Two hits tonight, the double in the 9th was impressive.  Don't worry, he has a place on this team.  He's been great pinch hitting too.  And his defense finally is as advertised. I wasn't mad that they sat Alonso tonight.  Dom Smith made that decision look smart.  I felt like he would.

Rosario is a star in the making.  I was so pissed at the prospect of his name being mentioned in trade discussions this offseason.  Thankfully Brodie was too smart for that.  Sandy Alderson wouldn't have been.  Cano hasn't hit yet, but I'm not concerned.  His impact on this team has been noticeable.

Conforto, so far, has been everything that we always hoped for, and most expected.  The future looks bright.  Good win tonight.  Wheeler was strong. Lugo was sharp.  This is fun. Bullpen has been for sh*t, but I am not worried like in seasons past.  Gsellman  will get it straight, and Familia is always going to make you nuts.  It was good to see him feature his splitter more last night.  Seemed like he forgot about that pitch lately.  Has to throw the sinker down and hard like he did when he was at his best.

Love the catcher.  He's a pro.  That's who I wanted from the get go. Didn't want to give up the farm for Realmuto.  Another Genius move by Brodie.  Nimmo is out of his funk.  That didn't take too long.  Great kid.

This is going to be a fun year waiting for football. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/17/2019 at 3:11 PM, JiF said:

27th in ERA.  27th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was fun while it lasted...

That Infinity Matz threw up there the other night won't help.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, faba said:

Degrom having a MRI- yikes

Thank God we locked him up early.

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Wow. A sign of life in this thread!!! :dohslap:

We just saw a very good performance by the entire starting rotation. All 5 pitched very well this week. The bats are cooling off a bit, but that was to be expected. 

Diaz gave up 2 homers (wtf?) but he's a ride or die this season, I don't think we have to worry about him. Familia on the other hand has one foot out the door, hopefully the other follows quickly.

Keep the kids in the lineup. I want to see more of Davis and D. Smith. Frazier and "the ghost of Lowrie" should both be on the block for bullpen arms. Or anything young and of value...

This would be a nice time to go on a sporty little 9 of 12 run to announce this teams intentions toward the NL East this season. 

Wish there was someway to get D Smith and Alonso on the field at the same time.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Don bums me out because he’s REALLY good but Alonso could be a star. The dude can hit. 

Good to see Rosario hitting. 

• Like 1

You guys are nuts that want to trade Rosario and Dom. Back to back homers to start the game.

Rosario is going to be a star, really starting to show some power.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Lith said:

Got them coming here to Chicago this week.  Maybe my last weekend of showing any major interest in the season -- got tix for Thursday night.  Going to try to skip work on Friday and catch the day game -- because even a bad day at the ballpark is better than a good day in the office.  Chill out in the bleachers at Wrigley.  Couple of beers, couple of dogs, makes for a good day no matter what happens on the field.

I sat on one of the rooftops a few years ago. 

Cool event to do...once. Couldn’t really see much of the game but had a great time. 

Much prefer being in the friendly confines. 

Beer garden after was great too. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Cubs fans are also drunken buffoons. Loveable they are not. Between all the vomiting and belligerent yelling they are the most annoying sports fans in the country. Between the stadium and the fans Cubs games are not a great experience. 

Where would you ever get that from?

In all this crap, it’s really nice seeing Alonso surpassing our wildest expectations. 

Unbelievable.   

Just turned the game on up 5-3 and just shut it off 6-5. 

Oh, sh*t, before I could turn it off, literally as I’m typing this, 7-5. 

F*ck this. 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Lith said:

Sorry.  Lugo tonight.  Are we going to end up losing this game on a wild pitch stirkeout?

Nice call. 

Mets up 4-2 and Lugo blows it. 

Diaz cannot blow this save. 

2 run lead after a big 3 run 8th. 

Don’t do it. 

18 hours ago, Philc1 said:

42,130 at Citifield tonight to watch Yankees Mets yet people still bash interleague play

Lol so you think inter-league is why 43k showed up- not that it’s two of the teams in the biggest metropolis in the world with two rabid fan bases. 

34 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

too many bad (good) pitches by his pitcher. Can't afford the time and too many that were not served up properly

Should have brought Matz or Familia with him :)

Through to the finals against Vlad (beast). 

You're right, his pitcher is awful. 

Just now, The Crimson King said:

Hoping Guerrero tired himself out like Josh Hamilton did in that great round in Yankee Stadium in '08(?)

Gotta love Alonso’s enthusiasm. 

• Upvote 1

There is no way I'm trading Michael Conforto.  

Going through a rough patch but he'll bounce back and I still love his swing.

• Upvote 2

Big 3 run pinch hit HR by Dom Smith. 

And Alonso just hit a 474 ft HR into the third deck of the Minny stadium. 

29 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

So?  If the bullpen was mediocre, not even good but mediocre they would be leading in the wildcard

I think I read if the bullpen was .500 on saves we'd be the WC. Maybe even a little below .500.  

46 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

(a strong SS and solve CF) 

Move Roasario to CF--that would solve 2 problems.  He's really starting to hit.  

16 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

If he can in fact play there, I agree. The problem may be, as it is at SS for him, his first step is slow. That can doom a CF. Particularly if we are going to flank him with Smith and Conforto.

The hitting is certainly coming, and he should project to a .280, 20/20 guy. That is not shabby at CF

Agree but he’s fast so I think he has catch up speed whereas at short, that first step and the ball is past you but in center maybe he can recover from the first step and get to balls. He’s a pretty good athlete. 

34 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Vargas to Philly for some AA catcher.

That catcher is hitting .195 in double A but is known for his defensive abilities. 

Wtf, not expecting a superstar but we just handed a division rival a starting pitcher who, truth be told, has been pretty good of late. 

Couldn’t we get a catcher hitting .245?

38 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Vargas was an average pitcher with a below average attitude not sad to see him go though expected more when dealing to a division rival.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Exactly. 

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You wanted an all-star?

.245 at AA. 

Thats .195 in the majors. 

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

You wanted a catcher hitting .245.  Gary Sanchez is hitting .229 and he started the all-star game.  He didn't start because of his defense either.

Maybe I’m not making myself clear. We traded a starting pitcher- mediocre for sure- for a 26 year old catcher hitting under .200. At AA. 

I’m not expecting an all star or even a good catcher. 

But this guy doesn’t scream “big leaguer” in any respect. Or big league prospect 5 years down the line. 

We just traded away our 4 and 6 prospect for a really good pitcher. 

We couldn’t get their 30th prospect? Maybe a 20 year old kid who we might strike gold with?

Its like we dumped a starting pitcher to a division rival for cash considerations and a throw away player. 

Sanchez is hitting .229 but he’s a proven power hitter and he’s hit major league pitching in the past. 

I may just watch a Met game tonite. The GF has some Queen show/movie (the real Queen of England) to watch so I may just fire up the iPad and enjoy. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company