32EBoozer

2019-2020 METS THREAD! It’s time has come.

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

Mets got Degrom extension done! Thank the gods!

$137.5 over 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good deal, both sides.   5 year extension, which isn't crazy long for a 30 year old.    He should be pitching great for most of that contract.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

From the New York Post today:

NL Cy Young Award winner Jacob deGrom and the Mets have agreed to a $137.5 million, five-year contract, a deal that includes $52.5 million deferred into the 2030s.

New York and deGrom had agreed in January to a $17 million, one-year deal, and he was on track to be eligible for free agency after the 2020 season. The deal announced Monday guarantees an additional $120.5 million over four seasons and includes a team option for 2024 that if exercised would raise the total to $170 million over six years, including $67.5 million in deferred payments.

image.gif.7d1e3eb96fc5d15d7158beaa9ccd8a21.gif

DeGrom’s new deal calls for a $10 million signing bonus, half due on Jan. 2 and the other half on Jan. 4, 2021. He gets a $7 million salary this season, $23 million in 2020, $33.5 million each in 2021 and 2022 and $30.5 million in 2023. The Mets have a $32.5 million option for 2024.

DeGrom’s contract provides for $12 million of his 2020 salary to be deferred, $13.5 million of 2021, $15 million of 2022, $12 million of 2023 and, if the option is exercised, $15 million of 2024. The deferred money is payable on July 1 in the 15th year after it was earned, making the first deferred payment due in 2035 and the option year money due in 2039.

The deferred money recalls the pact with Bobby Bonilla, who gets $1.19 million every July 1 through 2035.

The Red Sox are acting similarly with Chris Sale in a deal that is comparable to deGrom’s. Sale’s deal contains $50 million in deferred money, $10 million each season. That money will be due starting every June 30 in the 15th year after it was earned.

That's smart be the athlete.   How much cash does someone really need, today?

Get is spread out.   I wonder what the interest is on the money?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Well for those of us that were skeptical of the Cano trade, he's hitting .500 on the season so far. Wow.

With power.

Even if he tails off, he should hit, 110-120 home runs!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, JiF said:

This is true.  Which makes me think to myself; how the hell are Kimbrel and Keuchel not signed?  And why not go sign them if you're the Mets? 

They want insane deals for older players.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Beltran to the Mets.

I think that he may be excellent.   Bi-lingual, very well respected.   I was never a huge fan of Girardi

• Upvote 1

On 11/1/2019 at 8:30 PM, The Crimson King said:

Would have been nice to see someone who had previous experience as a winner (like Corporate America does, or at least used to) but I'll give Carlos a pass for now.

Agree that it will be interesting to watch

Boone worked out well with the Yanks.

Beltran played in NY for years.   He understands the city, understands the team.   He is well respected, rumors were the Yanks looked at him 2 years ago.   I really do think he could be an excellent hire for you guys.

I'm sorry, I don't love Girardi.  Dude gets tight in tight games.

8 hours ago, section314 said:

Lots of rumors around that Wheeler going to Phillies. Saw one, think on MLB, 5 years, $100mm.

100 million dollars for a guy with 44 career wins, who has never thrown 200 innings in a season, never had an era of 3.2 or lower, and is 6 career games over 500.

Then, listen to the players complain that there is collusion, and they aren't getting paid enough.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

He’s still young without a ton of mileage

Coupons gonna coupon

5 years, 118  from the phillies

53 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Porcello, Cano and Conforto get 3 🌟 

Alonso and Davis 2 🌟 

3-4 from Yanks & going for 4-5

3 of 5 still good

13 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Mets and Yankees are both horrible teams right now.

Yanks are playing like crap.   Injuries, gardner looks old, sanchez is one of the worst hitters in baseball.

They are not a good team, but for 20 minutes I had fun watching them.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

This whole season has been an abortion. Baseball is not meant to be played like this.

I do not like it.

7 inning games, guys on 2nd base.  60 game season.   I have always said, who ever wins the ws, it comes with a huge asterisk.   Post season awards will be a joke.   

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Except if your team wins .

No.  If the Yanks somehow won, it would not remotely be the same.

If one of them got a cy young or mvp, I'd look at that as a joke.   Granted, thats me, and I'm just a grump old dude.

Congrats to you guys on getting new ownership.

I mean that in all sincerity, what you had was a freaking joke.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company