32EBoozer

2019-2020 METS THREAD! It’s time has come.

3 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Gsellman starting tonight. Got a new pitch too

Wouldn't it be great if he somehow steps into a permanent role?

Eric Thames is in the lineup for the Nats. Still holds the one year and career record for HR's by a player with the same last name as a charachter from a Genesis song

Please reach out to SABR with this stat.  Thanks in advance.

• Haha 1

If the MLB decided tomorrow to contract the Mets I'm not even sure I'd be sad.

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

No baseball this weekend because your dumbass batting coach couldn’t avoid getting infected with the hoax. Thanks guys.

I'm glad you could deign from your Yankees' throne to speak with us common folk in the Mets thread.  I feel honored by your presence.  On behalf of the organization, my deepest apologies to the Yankees and indeed the world for disrupting this totally legitimate season's title run by the great Yankee franchise.  All things revolve around the Yankees, after all.

• Post of the Week 2

7 hours ago, JiF said:

Ever tell you about the time I was the bat boy for the 69 miracle Mets?  2 nicest dudes in the world right there.  

Dafuq?  I thought you were in your 40s.  lol.  

5 hours ago, JiF said:

lol - my Mom worked for Steve Zabriski in the late 80's.  He used to host a baseball tournament for anyone over 30 to enter in Port St. Lucie right before the start of spring training and the winners would play the 69 Mets.  The tournament was a week long, the Mets players all just hung out for the week like a vacation before they had to play their 1 game.  Rube and Joe loved me for some reason and would take me all around the practice fields, introduced me to current players (got pictures with my idols at the time, Doc and Darryl plus all the other player, Ron Darling was the coolest).   But yeah, the bat boy was cool.  Met everyone!  The only player who wasnt there was Nolan Ryan (and I player who passed that I cant remember) because Nolan was still playing.

That's awesome!  I don't think you missed anything by not meeting Nolan Ryan.  From what I know he's not a very personable guy.  

He never shows up for any events, either, so not surprising.  lol.  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company