2019-2020 METS THREAD! It’s time has come.

32EBoozer

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I really liked the innings Shreve gave the other night.  He gave up a dinger but otherwise, was very good.  Made some great plays in the field too.  And I like how Rojas is quick to make a move.  I felt like Callaway would just watch pitchers die on the mound.  Rojas is much quicker to make a call.  It's worked so far.

Rojas is a manager. Callaway is a pitching coach. He was in way over his head.

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Bad loss last night. Lugo & Wilson let us down. Another wasted deGrom start

Yep, but it's weird how I'm becoming immune to these losses.  After last season, I expect the bullpen to fail and I expect our offense to fight back (and maybe we win the game).   I remember expecting the Diaz loss in game 2 and I expected us to come back in the bottom of the 8th and 9th last night.  I actually thought we'd win when we had the bases loaded with 1 out and Cespedes up but losing certainly wasn't a shock.

Since the Nats are in the same division as the Mets, and I'm the only Nats Fan on JN, and what happens to us effects you all, I'm going to post about the Nats in this thread.

My thoughts today:

Dear God, we finally won a game...

That is all. ?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

Since the Nats are in the same division as the Mets, and I'm the only Nats Fan on JN, and what happens to us effects you all, I'm going to post about the Nats in this thread.

My thoughts today:

That is all. ?

Welcome to our thread.  Was watching the Nats while working out this afternoon.  Kind of strange watching them as a road team in their home park, but then again, a lot about 2020 is strange.  

On a side note, seem like every time that I watch Asdrubal Cabrera play since the Mets traded him, he hits.  Another RBI double this afternoon.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

My thoughts today:

That is all. ?

Please do post on this thread.  Will make it more fun.  And even though I strongly dislike the Nats, congrats on last year!

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Does the team have a rule that it has to hit like sh*t when DeGrom starts? Unreal.

8 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's uncanny.

Jake is usually going against the other teams #1 starter. Those are games are usually going to be tight, low scoring games until you get into the bullpens.

That said, It's been amazing how he NEVER gets any runs.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Welcome to our thread.  Was watching the Nats while working out this afternoon.  Kind of strange watching them as a road team in their home park, but then again, a lot about 2020 is strange.  

On a side note, seem like every time that I watch Asdrubal Cabrera play since the Mets traded him, he hits.  Another RBI double this afternoon.  

Thanks.  And aye, being the road team at home, a bit odd, but nice too honestly.  Glad the leagues is figuring out how to help the Jays.

Cabrera has been pretty clutch, certainly was a key supporter in the run last year, and has been better than most so far this year.  Kinda guy that gets overlooked but just keeps on truckin.

Looking forward to getting Soto back tho, that should open up the offense.  Nice seeing Kieboom play well at the plate today too.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Why the F are the Mets on FOX instead of SNY?  

Amazing how the downgrade in announcer quality shows, isn't it?

Meanwhile the crowd noise is greatly imroved. Is that CitiField or injected by FOX? Even heard some LGM chants in there

No SNY on 8/2 (TBS), 8/3 (FS1), 8/23 (TBS), 9/19 (FOX), and 9/26 (FOX), assuming of course that they make it that far

So what do you think about the announcement that double headers will be 7 inning games? Do the no hitters still count? They shouldn't according to the rules that were in place before this year 

• Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

So what do you think about the announcement that double headers will be 7 inning games? Do the no hitters still count? They shouldn't according to the rules that were in place before this year 

I guess I can live with the 7-inning doubleheader rule as long as it is just for this season.  A lot about this season is different than what we have come to know as baseball.  DH in the NL, runner on 2nd to start extras, 7 inning doubleheaders, no fans in seats, cardboard cutouts, fake crowd noise.  Welcome to 2020. 

The one rule I really hate is that extra inning rule.  Completely changes the nature of the game.  I can live with the other (like I have a choice).  Still, altered baseball is better than no baseball.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

May not have to worry about the lack of clutch hitting, depth of starting rotation, inconsistent bullpen and bad defense too much longer.  Apparently multiple postiive tests today from the Cardinals.  MOre games being cancelled.

42 minutes ago, Lith said:

May not have to worry about the lack of clutch hitting, depth of starting rotation, inconsistent bullpen and bad defense too much longer.  Apparently multiple postiive tests today from the Cardinals.  MOre games being cancelled.

I wanted Ces to swing for one out of the strike zone so bad last night...I knew bases loaded for Gimenez was bad news...

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

They always just seem to underperform and disappoint. 

we are still paying for 1986

NLCS G5

- double play to end an inning with a runner on third but ump missed the call at first.

Would have lost that game 1-0

NLCS G6

- Dykstra's triple in the 9th misplayed by Hatcher

- Wilson's single in the 9th misplayed by Doran

Would have lost in regulation

WS G6

- 3 dinky singles

- WP/PB that never should have happened to tie it

(not counting the Buckner play, Mookie had him beaten to first)

WS G7

- (everyone seems to forget this) 6-5 lead, top of 8th Bosox up, two runners on and no out. Gedman nails line drive right at Backman. Tying run stays there two more batters

- and most importantly of all, the stands were rocking so hard you could feel it and dust was falling from underneath the UD. Could have collapsed and crushed us all !

Fortunately, we as fans have been making installment payments in the form of a stadium that celebrates the Dodgers, highest ticket prices in baseball and an owmership that has no business operating in the largest market in the world. We must be in default on the payments however, because Diaz can't be anything other than a penalty fee. We must be on a Forbearance Agreement :) 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

They always just seem to underperform and disappoint. 

It's very frustrating right now.

The starting rotation was the strength of this team until we lost Wheeler, and now Syndegaard. This year it's about the depth of the lineup. Unfortunately there's nothing more frustrating than watching a lineup that's not hitting, and that's us right now.

The only thing that's worse than a team with meh starters (except for Jake) and a slumping lineup is a team with the worst closer in baseball. Thanks Edwin.

3 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Virus or no virus , the Mets will ALWAYS be the Mets .

ellaria-sand-screaming.gif

Well, the Mets have been to 5 World Series so far in my life, while the Jets have only been to 1 Super Bowl...and a long time ago at that. I'm much more horrified at my Jet fandom than the Mets!

:-)

49 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I swear to God this season already has me going, "Ok, I need to turn away for a few days. This is too much." I won't, but I'll say it.

I had the same thought.  A week in and I feel like a I need a break.  I will be watching tonight, but this past week has been painful.  Sitting 3-5, when we could easily be 6-2.  Finally get a couple of clutch hits last night and the bullpen implodes.  Again.

At least we have the NHL too now.

• Upvote 1