32EBoozer

2019-2020 METS THREAD! It’s time has come.

So.... did they kneel?

Thats what inquiring minds want to know!!frustrated tom hiddleston GIF

24 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Baseball is backkkk!!!

Really happy with the win today. I think a 1-0 victory is one of the best things in the sport. deGrom was in his deGrominant form, and though the offense was quiet the Cespedes homer put the biggest smile on my face.

LFGM

Agreed. A masterful pitching duel is edge of your seat exciting!!

10 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

WHO CARES !!!!!!!!

I do; they didn’t for NA; I’m glad. 

43 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Everything works off the slider working. If he has that pitch, then hitters can't sit fastball. 

Needs another pitch. Change-up would be sick

• Upvote 2

Bad loss last night. Lugo & Wilson let us down. Another wasted deGrom start

On 8/6/2020 at 10:31 AM, Philc1 said:

You guys should fire Van Wagonen and bring back Minaya.  Rojas has to go to he stinks.  Bring back Bobby V

That ship has passed my friend.... stick to the Yankees thread. I know there’s not a lot of action there but don’t troll the Mets thread! lebron james basketball GIF
😁

• Upvote 2

Nido!!  Another great start by our young rookie. Glad to see the offense coming to life and the BP starting to get their roles defined. Diaz must stay in the 8th. Can’t handle the closers role

• Upvote 1

Lockett pitched well.... just left the fastball up and out to Reamulto. A lot of missed opportunities by Mets. Alonso missed the 3 run jack by 5 feet. 

Hey, I thought this was a Mets MB?

Did anyone realize Mets took 2 from the Yankees yesterday? Romario with the game 2 walk-off two run homer.

Get back to work gentleman!!!

Where’s @Philc1 to offer a Yankees fans take  I think I read that Yankees have lost 7 in a row  Ouch!!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, section314 said:

Dom Smith hitting the go ahead HR in game one was a Met version of The Natural and Field of Dreams wrapped into one. 😎

fireworks GIF

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lith said:

Great day for the Mets.  Alonzo and Dom in game 1.  Diaz with a clean inning to nail down the save.  Rosario walk-off in game 2.  Pretty sure the Mets are in one of the WC playoff spots if the season ended today.  And it is sounding like the team is closing in on sale to Steve Cohen.

Things are looking up.

I do not want the Wilpons retaining any ownership whatsoever!! No matter how low the percentage. 

Porcello, Cano and Conforto get 3 🌟 

Alonso and Davis 2 🌟 

3-4 from Yanks & going for 4-5

Diaz = cooked goose!

cosmo kramer seinfeld GIF by Cheezburger

• Post of the Week 1

35 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

A true gentleman but also an Alpha competitor. Always came to ST ready to go and in great shape. He’d be getting big $ compared to all these pitchers today. 
Thanks for the memories Tom!!

• Like 1

Lugo & deGrom save the series. Offense coming on and relief getting better. Hoping we can make a run. 
The 3, 4 and 5 spot in the rotation is problematic. Can Porcello and Peterson give us enough to keep us in games?
Wacha worries me  

LGFM!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Good stuff. Current Mets thoughts:

-Interesting that Gimenez is now receiving the lion share of a platoon situation at SS. While he has had some rookie moments, he may be the longer term solution at SS. Does this make Rosario a trade chip? I believe his time as a Met May be over  Shows flashes but never reaches his full potential  If you can get a good prospect YES

-You are correct on Lugo. I was not sure the arm could hold up as a starter but he has been great. Next year's rotation could be:

1. DeGrom. 2/3 Lugo, rehabbed Syndergaard. 3.  4. Free agent pitcher (Bauer, Cueto), 5 Matz 

-While Alonso has been awful, his numbers translate to a 40HR, 100RBI full season. The pitch up in the zone gives him fits. Still chasing pitches out of the zone

-Ramos has been HORRID this season. Offense is putrid, defense is worse than putrid. Mets need to make a real run at Realmuto. It all depends on whether Alvarez will be ready by 2022  Lot’s of skill

-The bullpen has actually been a strength this year. Through all the double headers, through all the short starts, the bullpen has been the most consistent part of this team. Shreve has been a big part. Hopefully with Lugo being lengthened now, and Peterson coming back to the rotation, the Mets do not need to abuse the bullpen as much. Rojas has done a great job juggling those innings.

-Cano has been the most consistent Mets hitter this year along with Conforto. Oh, the Mets need to think about extending Conforto this off-season. Absolutely extend Conforto! We need to keep our best players  Glad Cano is playing better DH has helped

-I am embarrassed we split with the Yankees. Bad job by the Mets. That 5 run blown save will haunt me

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Oh, and Cohen and the Wilpons have come to agreement. All that is left is the vote by the rest of the mlb owners (early November) and it is Cohen's team. Charles Gasparino of Fox Business News (who has scooped everyone throughout this process) says that the necessary votes by the mlb owners is there.

Don’t see how they cannot approve Cohen. Probably scared what he’ll do to current salary structure. Blow it up Steve 😂

Just kidding. I hope they’ll build the system the right way. Develop talent like Dodgers, Braves and, I hate to say, Yanks

• Upvote 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company