2019-2020 METS THREAD! It’s time has come.

32EBoozer

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Is anyone really scared by the Phillies, now? Their pitching staff is Nola, and the number 2 is some guy named Vargas.

If the Mets can't win against the Phillies, they deserve a WC spot.

This is true and we mashed Bieber last night...so that's encouraging. 

• Upvote 1

Great win last night.... this group has such a high confidence level in the late innings. New guy every night stepping up! Rosie again starts things off with a huge double in the gap, followed by a perfect sacrifice to move him to 3rd.  Everyone doing the little things!

Thor for the sweep tonight. He'll need to go deep tonight as we used up Lugo. Hoping Brach and Wilson can pitch tonight along with Diaz being available.

LFGM!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

It is probably just the winning, but the whole vibe of this team is incredible right now.  Guys are having fun, they really seem to like playing together and in NY.  Fans are rallying around them.  It is awesome to see.  They have become can't miss entertainment this past month.

Day off work today, going to Wrigley this afternoon to root against the Cubs and then home to watch the Mets in the evening.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Lith said:

It is probably just the winning, but the whole vibe of this team is incredible right now.  Guys are having fun, they really seem to like playing together and in NY.  Fans are rallying around them.  It is awesome to see.  They have become can't miss entertainment this past month.

Day off work today, going to Wrigley this afternoon to rrroot against the Cubs and then home to watch the Mets in the evening.

I think it's because they're a likable group, young and passionate.  How many times have Mets fans experienced a team led by youngsters like this?   Usually we're a bunch of bought vets trying to make one last run before they cant make it down first base line.

This is different.  It's our future, shining, in playoff mode and rising to the occasion in some epically dramatic fashion.  Much to the surprise of this old Mets fan who expects the worst at every turn.

• Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Great win last night.... this group has such a high confidence level in the late innings. New guy every night stepping up! Rosie again starts things off with a huge double in the gap, followed by a perfect sacrifice to move him to 3rd.  Everyone doing the little things!

Thor for the sweep tonight. He'll need to go deep tonight as we used up Lugo. Hoping Brach and Wilson can pitch tonight along with Diaz being available.

LFGM!

And getting the early run support from Lagares and Guillorme was huge.  JD 0-4 for the night but was there any doubt vs Hand?  The only time I've felt that confident with a batter at the plate was the magical Murph/Ces run a few years back and I still dont think I was as confident as I was that JD would come through last night...even down 0-2 in the count.

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

The Cubs are not scary on the road either. They have the 4th fewest wins on the road in the NL.

6-3 on this home stand is attainable, and needed.

But, this is the Mets.

C.mon man! Time to leave the old SOMF history in the past. New day, new team, new attitudes!!

• Upvote 4

Props to Juan Lagares!

He's stepped up big time the last few weeks, and last night had a very good game. He got a big hit, and made two special plays in the field.

The one position I can speak with any sort of authority on in sports is CF, and the play he made on the ball directly over his head was beautiful. It's not easy to turn your back on a ball hit that hard, just to catch up to it is hard, to then turn around and find it and make the catch is showing a touch of class. 

I know Nimmo is very close to coming back, but the way he's playing now, how do you sit Juan? He covers so much ground out there. I would leave things alone, but my guess is they start Nimmo, and then late and with a lead, they switch him to left for JDD and put Lagares in CF.

This roster could look very special with McNeil,  Cano and Nimmo back in the lineup, and a bench of Dominic Smith, Jed Lowrie, Lagares and Frazier rotating in. The starting pitching is excellent, and the bullpen has been solid lately except for you know who, our friend, the ghost of Edwin Diaz.

Damn, this is exciting to watch!!!!

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Lith said:

Day off work today, going to Wrigley this afternoon to rrroot against the Cubs and then home to watch the Mets in the evening.

3 hours ago, JiF said:

I think it's because they're a likable group, young and passionate.  How many times have Mets fans experienced a team led by youngsters like this?   Usually we're a bunch of bought vets trying to make one last run before they cant make it down first base line.

This is different.  It's our future, shining, in playoff mode and rising to the occasion in some epically dramatic fashion.  Much to the surprise of this old Mets fan who expects the worst at every turn.

It's a totally likable group with a youthful exuberance.

It's been fun watching this team and I literally jumped out of bed last night when Davis smacked that hit.

The whole vibe is infectious.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Holy crap what a catch by Davis. 

Got home late. Need to see a replay. Hoping game gets called soon and we get the easy W. THOR was dealing tonight. 75 pitches in 6 innings. Off speed was outstanding. Cubs and Nats keep beating the crap teams however. I guess @Lith didn’t root hard enough for Cubs loss

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Not sold yet, as soon as I get sold they dick kick me. 

Not a question of being sold or not.  Just sit back, flip the games on, head out to Citi if you get the chance, and enjoy the ride.  Regardless of what the ultimate destination may be; enjoy the ride.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Not a question of being sold or not.  Just sit back, flip the games on, head out to Citi if you get the chance, and enjoy the ride.  Regardless of what the ultimate destination may be; enjoy the ride.

That's where I'm at, we may not eventually make the wild card because of the hole we dug before the All-Star break but they've sure made this as enjoyable of a season as a fan could ask for and ultimately, gives me a lot of hope for the future.  I thought we'd never catch the Braves from a talent perspective and while I think they're deeper/better...that gap isnt as big as it appeared. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Lith said:

Im just joking, im enjoying the ride, they are playing good and a lot of fun to watch.

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, JiF said:

That's where I'm at, we may not eventually make the wild card because of the hole we dug before the All-Star break but they've sure made this as enjoyable of a season as a fan could ask for and ultimately, gives me a lot of hope for the future.  I thought we'd never catch the Braves from a talent perspective and while I think they're deeper/better...that gap isnt as big as it appeared. 

The Braves have a very deep talent pool while we have traded away most of our top tier talent. Whether our talent would ever made a significant impact in the majors is another question. With Davis, Alonso, Nimmo, Conforto, Smith and Rosie we should be solid for the next 2-3 years. BVW might want to consider locking up some of our young talent at a cheaper cost than waiting to FA.

Thor , Matz, Conforto might be a good idea. BVM needs to nail the next  few drafts to fill up the talent pool.

• Upvote 1

Frustrating game last night.  All those missed opportunities.  It was setting up so well.  Diaz get out of trouble.  Swarzak, the guy we traded for him loads the bases and we can't take advantage.  Really thought Diaz would get the "W" and Swarzak the "L". 

I guess Familia never got the memo that we are supposed to be good now.