2019-2020 METS THREAD! It’s time has come.

32EBoozer

3 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

well, that was fun, 3 game sweep by the braves. that's why I can't put too much into the team

Well, that sucked, didn't it?

Alright boys, lets face it, the Braves are our Daddy. They swept us. Can't change that sh*t, it is what it is.

Now let's turn the page. Cubs come in here Tuesday. Time to get this train back on track.

56 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Does anyone care now that the wheels have fallen off the bus ?

You yelled at me when I said we'd be out of the playoff race by mid Sept. and now you dont even care????    

FWIW - they're only 2 games out and have 2 of the 3 teams that are in front of them out.  If they can take 2 of the 3 from the Cubs, I'm still interested.  If they win 1...well, it was fun while it lasted. 

10 hours ago, JiF said:

You yelled at me when I said we'd be out of the playoff race by mid Sept. and now you dont even care????    

FWIW - they're only 2 games out and have 2 of the 3 teams that are in front of them out.  If they can take 2 of the 3 from the Cubs, I'm still interested.  If they win 1...well, it was fun while it lasted. 

Even you're not so positive .

tenor.gif

At last, we're still the Mets.  Late August/early Sept.  This franchise folds.  It's what they do.

That said, that was an exciting month of baseball and I'm optimistic about the future.  We have some young studs with a ton of potential.  We've got a long way to go to catch the Braves, they're going to own the division for the foreseeable future, again...but if the Mets could find a bullpen, they'll battle for the Wildcard until/if they can catch up to the Braves.

On 8/30/2019 at 11:07 AM, JiF said:

At last, we're still the Mets.  Late August/early Sept.  This franchise folds.  It's what they do.

That said, that was an exciting month of baseball and I'm optimistic about the future.  We have some young studs with a ton of potential.  We've got a long way to go to catch the Braves, they're going to own the division for the foreseeable future, again...but if the Mets could find a bullpen, they'll battle for the Wildcard until/if they can catch up to the Braves.

tenor.gif

On 9/1/2019 at 8:33 AM, Scott Dierking said:

Regardless how this year ends, this is a good building year 

I mean kinda, but are we sold on Brodie being able to actually capitalize on it? Some decent moves and some hella bad ones. Setting up a good young offense is definitely the right first step, but the in-between stuff with the right vets is just as important and if Jed Lowrie and Robinson Cano are the type of guys we're doing that with it's hard to believe we're going to be able to keep up with this division. The NL East is relentless.

6 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

How BVW handles Thor contract, resigning Lugo to extension, flipping Familia & Diaz for some young players and drafting a stud catcher & 3rd baseman in the coming years will be the standards I will judge him by

-Doubt Thor gets extended. As a matter of fact, I think he may get traded this off-season.

-Familia is not getting traded for anything, other than a bag of balls. 

-Diaz will prove his worth next year. It looks like he is turning a corner. The stuff is electric.

-There are 2 highly rated 3B in the minors (Vientos and Baty (this year's first rounder)), They are both in the lower levels

-They have a 17 yr old catcher, that scouts are high on also. He also, is a ways away.

21 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

-Doubt Thor gets extended. As a matter of fact, I think he may get traded this off-season.

-Familia is not getting traded for anything, other than a bag of balls. 

-Diaz will prove his worth next year. It looks like he is turning a corner. The stuff is electric.

-There are 2 highly rated 3B in the minors (Vientos and Baty (this year's first rounder)), They are both in the lower levels

-They have a 17 yr old catcher, that scouts are high on also. He also, is a ways away.

As Thor just showed he can dominate and has 4 pitches he can throw anywhere in the count. Why not have a top two of deGrom & Thor. Similar to Strasbourg and Sherzer, Cole and Verlander?

Thanks for the info on the minor leaguers.... hoping they progress quickly 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

That has got to be the worst loss of 2019 by far.  The Mets scored 5 runs in the 9th, on the road, in a crucial game because they're all really important now.  How do you give up 7 runs in the bottom of the 9th to lose 11-10?

That could be the nail in the Wild Card coffin.

6 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Mets winning 10-4, end up losing 11-10 Diaz gives up 3 run homer in bottom of 9th. 

You gotta be sh*tting me. 

I thought it would be tough to top the Dodger game when Diaz gave up 5 in the 9th to blow a 4-0 lead, but this takes the cake.

If there is one thread where @Maxman needs to lift the no cursing ban, this is it.

I'm actually proud of myself that I didn't break my tv tonight.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Mets winning 10-4, end up losing 11-10 Diaz gives up 3 run homer in bottom of 9th. 

You gotta be sh*tting me. 

This afternoon, the Mets AAA club, Syracuse played the Yankees top farm club in a one game playoff to determine who makes the International League playoffs.

The Mets were up 7-1 in the bottom of the 7th when Scranton scored 5 to make the game close. Then the Mets score 6 in the top of the 8th to go up 13-6.

Scranton proceeded to score 8 in the bottom of the 8th with Nogosek, Pounders and Hanhold, all of who pitched with the big club this year playing the role of Sewald, Avilan and Diaz

Then the Mets go out 1-2-3 in the top of the 9th to lose 14-13. Season over.

The MLB Mets loss tonight was the first time in their history that they lost a game leading by 6 or more runs in the 9th or later. Same story, Season Over.

Yeesh