2019-2020 METS THREAD! It’s time has come.

32EBoozer

OK, two things...and I'm gonna try to keep it clean.

1. I Have to give credit where it's due...this team is blessed with the ability to lose games in the stupidest, most agonizing ways possible.

2. Freaking Angel Hernandez! Flexen is an awful pitcher and he has no reason to be on the big roster...but gamecast had at least 2 of those pitches on the walk as strikes. All 4 were called balls.

25 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

1. I Have to give credit where it's due...this team is blessed with the ability to lose games in the stupidest, most agonizing ways possible.

2. Freaking Angel Hernandez! Flexen is an awful pitcher and he has no reason to be on the big roster...but gamecast had at least 2 of those pitches on the walk as strikes. All 4 were called balls.

I'm not going to keep it clean.  Angel Hernandez is a piece of sh*t umpire who should be nowhere near a baseball field unless he buys tickets.

I knew that Flexen was going to blow this game, he tried twice.  Clueless Mickey should have seen it too.  I would've rather taken a chance with a starter, any starter finishing that inning, than trotting him back out there.  Gsellman was a stud tonight.  He had another inning in him.  Lugo did too.  I am sick an tired of these "pitch count mavens" throwing away games, all for the sake of 15 less pitches on a professional pitchers arm.  I am also sick an tired of "Clueless Mickey" squandering Diaz with meaningless appearances.  He is our closer, let him close.  Don't burn him for nothing.  I understand it was on the road, but still.

Candidates for a seat on the bench.  Todd Frazier.  He has killed any momentum this team with his return.  One home run, then pffffttttt.  Typical.  No range in the field either.  Let JD Davis play a little, at least he sparked the team in a few games.  Nimmo needs to sit down too.  He has lost his eye at the plate, doesn't work pitchers, they're working him.  When he does get a pitch to drive, he is tentative.  Time to sit and refocus.  Rosario needs to sit for a few games also.  His fielding has been pitiful.  What happened?  Head games....  Let him sit and refocus.  Stopped going to the opposite field at the plate.  His wheels are falling off, triple notwithstanding.  Conforto is starting to get pull happy again, although he is not striking out and he's still getting his share of hits.  Average is falling a bit because of his reticence over going opposite field.

There's no reason to be losing these games.  Ramos has failed in big spots lately.  His bat looks slow, and tired.  Give him a  couple of games off.  Cano needs to step up.  Hechaverria  was very impressive today. Both in the field and at bat.  He's a Major Leaguer. Should have a spot on this team.  Won't have room when Lowrie comes back.  Shame.

Glad I got this off my chest.  Until tomorrow.  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I'm not going to keep it clean.  Angel Hernandez is a piece of sh*t umpire who should be nowhere near a baseball field unless he buys tickets.

I knew that Flexen was going to blow this game, he tried twice.  Clueless Mickey should have seen it too.  I would've rather taken a chance with a starter, any starter finishing that inning, than trotting him back out there.  Gsellman was a stud tonight.  He had another inning in him.  Lugo did too.  I am sick an tired of these "pitch count mavens" throwing away games, all for the sake of 15 less pitches on a professional pitchers arm.  I am also sick an tired of "Clueless Mickey" squandering Diaz with meaningless appearances.  He is our closer, let him close.  Don't burn him for nothing.  I understand it was on the road, but still.

Candidates for a seat on the bench.  Todd Frazier.  He has killed any momentum this team with his return.  One home run, then pffffttttt.  Typical.  No range in the field either.  Let JD Davis play a little, at least he sparked the team in a few games.  Nimmo needs to sit down too.  He has lost his eye at the plate, doesn't work pitchers, they're working him.  When he does get a pitch to drive, he is tentative.  Time to sit and refocus.  Rosario needs to sit for a few games also.  His fielding has been pitiful.  What happened?  Head games....  Let him sit and refocus.  Stopped going to the opposite field at the plate.  His wheels are falling off, triple notwithstanding.  Conforto is starting to get pull happy again, although he is not striking out and he's still getting his share of hits.  Average is falling a bit because of his reticence over going opposite field.

There's no reason to be losing these games.  Ramos has failed in big spots lately.  His bat looks slow, and tired.  Give him a  couple of games off.  Cano needs to step up.  Hechaverria  was very impressive today. Both in the field and at bat.  He's a Major Leaguer. Should have a spot on this team.  Won't have room when Lowrie comes back.  Shame.

Glad I got this off my chest.  Until tomorrow.  

This has been my gripe with Mickey since last year, it’s like he has a number in his head about how many pitches and nothing else matters.  Quite a few games it seems like he’s almost willing to take the L rather than make a pitch change. 

On a positive note, Pete Alonso, the Florida Gator, is awesome.  

• Upvote 1

Hernandez is the worst umpire has been for many years. Still you need to score more than 3 runs in 18 innings can not blame pitchers really Alonso and MvCneil are the only players overachieving all else under

• Upvote 1

C'mon guys. I can't believe you're griping about Callaway, pitch counts, and Angel Hernandez (who does suck by the way).

Look back at the scores the last 10-14 days. We're simply not putting up runs. The pitching has bee good enough to win. I hate to admit it, but this team is taking on a familiar look. It's the beginning of May and another good start has melted away already.

Hopefully they'll come out of it, but I'm starting to think I was spot on with my opinions of some of our hitters. Frazier, Ramos, Lagares and Rosario are simply not going to be part of the solution here.

That's 4 starters out of 8. You can get away with one or two dead spots in a lineup, but not 4. Nimmo has struggled, but there's something I like about this kid. He seems to have a good approach up there, lets be patient with him. Cano could become an issue also. I mentioned to @joenamathwouldn'tcry earlier in this thread that he's a 38 year old in the post PED era, and is coming off a suspension. I realize we had to take him and his contract to acquire Diaz, but like I told Joe, this has George Foster written all over it.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

C'mon guys. I can't believe you're griping about Callaway, pitch counts, and Angel Hernandez (who does suck by the way).

Look back at the scores the last 10-14 days. We're simply not putting up runs. The pitching has bee good enough to win. I hate to admit it, but this team is taking on a familiar look. It's the beginning of May and another good start has melted away already.

Hopefully they'll come out of it, but I'm starting to think I was spot on with my opinions of some of our hitters. Frazier, Ramos, Lagares and Rosario are simply not going to be part of the solution here.

That's 4 starters out of 8. You can get away with one or two dead spots in a lineup, but not 4. Nimmo has struggled, but there's something I like about this kid. He seems to have a good approach up there, lets be patient with him. Cano could become an issue also. I mentioned to @joenamathwouldn'tcry earlier in this thread that he's a 38 year old in the post PED era, and is coming off a suspension. I realize we had to take him and his contract to acquire Diaz, but like I told Joe, this has George Foster written all over it.

When Lowrie comes back, I think Frazier gets shown the door.The other three guys I can live with. Nimmo has to lead off, period. He is not a middle of the lineup guy. Lowrie will change this lineup dramatically.

• Upvote 1

Well, that was fun.  Drove up to Milwaukee last night.  Sat through all 18 innings of that.  What a depressing way to lose.  This was McNeil in the 16th.  2 innings before driving in what should have been the winning run.

Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports, crowd, stadium, baseball and outdoorHeaded back out there again this afternoon.  Hopefully just for 9 innings of basesall today.  Bullpen is spent.  Vargas pitching.  Lost 10 of our last 11 in Miller Park.  Yup, a lot to look forward to about today's game.

Lets Go Mets!!!

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, RVAJet815 said:

I was wondering about some of those calls.  From my vantage point, it was tough to tell inside/outside.  But it sure looked like some of those pitches were at least borderline and he didn't get the benefit of the doubt on any borderline pitches.

• Sympathy 1

46 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Guess you missed my "Candidates for the bench" rant, 14.  I like Nimmo too, but he needs to refresh his approach.  He's not having the same work the pitcher mentality that worked for him last season.  Not choosing the right pitches, and when he does, he's missing them.  Behind in the count constantly, that's not his game.  No confidence, that tells me he needs a breather.

Cano will be fine. Patience.  Ramos too.  He has plenty of RBI's, just not being aggressive right now.  Taking too many first pitch fastballs right down the pipe.  Earlier he was driving those pitches with authority.  Indecisiveness will kill you at the plate.  He will hit, always has.

Lagares is not a starting player, and he will always get exposed when he plays more than that. Don't know why he's playing so much, that was not the plan.  Broxton's lameness may have something to do with it.  Can't carry them both with their inadequacies at the plate.  Send Broxton down, we have two other options with experience at AAA.  My preference is to put either Nimmo or Conforto in center, and play McNeil in left.   Conforto is not a terrible center fielder, although Nimmo is slightly better.

Wasn't bitching so much about the pitching, it was more about  "Mickey the pitching genius", and his use of them.  Gsellman was a stud, as was Lugo, and of course Wheeler.  @JiF is absolutely right.  There's games where he seems to give the game up, rather than take an out of the box pitching approach.  Last night was one of them.  Dodged a bullet with the relievers, twice, then threw him out there again the following inning to flush the "W" down the drain.  Pathetic.  As  for the so called umpire, he does it intentionally.  He has for years, without repercussion.  It's well past time for him to go.  But of course, he won't.  Cano is not George Foster.  Foster was old and crippled.  Cano is not.  Just a rough patch.  He'll snap out of it soon.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Guess you missed my "Candidates for the bench" rant, 14.  I like Nimmo too, but he needs to refresh his approach.  He's not having the same work the pitcher mentality that worked for him last season.  Not choosing the right pitches, and when he does, he's missing them.  Behind in the count constantly, that's not his game.  No confidence, that tells me he needs a breather.

Cano will be fine. Patience.  Ramos too.  He has plenty of RBI's, just not being aggressive right now.  Taking too many first pitch fastballs right down the pipe.  Earlier he was driving those pitches with authority.  Indecisiveness will kill you at the plate.  He will hit, always has.

Lagares is not a starting player, and he will always get exposed when he plays more than that. Don't know why he's playing so much, that was not the plan.  Broxton's lameness may have something to do with it.  Can't carry them both with their inadequacies at the plate.  Send Broxton down, we have two other options with experience at AAA.  My preference is to put either Nimmo or Conforto in center, and play McNeil in left.   Conforto is not a terrible center fielder, although Nimmo is slightly better.

Wasn't bitching so much about the pitching, it was more about  "Mickey the pitching genius", and his use of them.  Gsellman was a stud, as was Lugo, and of course Wheeler.  @JiF is absolutely right.  There's games where he seems to give the game up, rather than take an out of the box pitching approach.  Last night was one of them.  Dodged a bullet with the relievers, twice, then threw him out there again the following inning to flush the "W" down the drain.  Pathetic.  As  for the so called umpire, he does it intentionally.  He has for years, without repercussion.  It's well past time for him to go.  But of course, he won't.  Cano is not George Foster.  Foster was old and crippled.  Cano is not.  Just a rough patch.  He'll snap out of it soon.

I agree with a lot of this buddy, We only disagree on a couple of players, none of who I think matter much in the bigger picture. 

I've never, ever heard one person call Hernandez a good umpire. You're right about him, but players have to adjust to his zone. You know the league offices and that union the umpires have are always going to protect incompetents like him. We're also on the same page with CF. I like what you said there, I've been thinking the same way for a while.

As far as the other players we talk about, the Mets are building a really nice young core group of every day players with Nimmo, Conforto, McNeil, Davis, and of course Alonso. Rosario could be in that group also, but that's where my point about "dead wood" comes in. One or two is okay. We could carry AR and Ramos (who becomes a human traffic jam when on base) when the others are all  locked in. That's not often going to be the case though, and when you add in Lagares and Frazier to that lineup, you have a lot of easy outs with those 4 playing. I'm still hoping Cano picks up the pace, he always has after mid to late May. I'm not expecting much from Lowrie, but I'm sure he'll be better then Frazier, so there's that.

All in all maybe we both are over reacting because we care so much. I don't think we're as bad offensively as we've looked lately, and at least the starters have picked it up.

BTW THAT"S A TRIPLE AAA LINEUP WE'VE GOT ON THE FIELD TODAY. UGH... 

• Haha 1

Well, at the last the nose dive started early this season but on a positive note....they have a very favorable schedule to make up some ground before a brutal west coast trip to LA and Arizona at the end of the month/early June.

If they could beat up on the badies over the next month, they might be able to recover.  I'm not holding my breath though.  I had this team anywhere between 60 wins and 90, that's how "who knows" this roster is but 60 seems about right now.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Well, at the last the nose dive started early this season but on a positive note....they have a very favorable schedule to make up some ground before a brutal west coast trip to LA and Arizona at the end of the month/early June.

If they could beat up on the badies over the next month, they might be able to recover.  I'm not holding my breath though.  I had this team anywhere between 60 wins and 90, that's how "who knows" this roster is but 60 seems about right now.

Good thing we went "all in" by acquiring Diaz and Cano, giving up a pair of solid prospects in the process. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Good thing we went "all in" by acquiring Diaz and Cano, giving up a pair of solid prospects in the process. 

Who knows 80, we might be looking to do the reverse, and look to flip one or maybe even both of them come mid July.

Lets be honest. If we're once again completely out of things come the deadline, it might be time to put any and all options on the table. Including our starting pitchers. In fact, there are no more then 4 or 5 guys on this team I wouldn't consider trading right now.

19 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Who knows 80, we might be looking to do the reverse, and look to flip one or maybe even both of them come mid July.

Lets be honest. If we're once again completely out of things come the deadline, it might be time to put any and all options on the table. Including our starting pitchers. In fact, there are no more then 4 or 5 guys on this team I wouldn't consider trading right now.

19 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

First losing streak of the season guys. Calm down. LOL

Are you OK?  Is that your idea of "calm".  You don't trade a talent like Diaz.  He's young, under contract and control and devastatingly talented.  I would never consider trading DeGrom, and the must extend Wheeler.  Beyond that, Matz, and to a much lesser extent Syndergaard are expendable.  You don't trade McNeil, Conforto, Alonso,  or Rosario [although he's been for sh#t lately,  fielding not hitting}.  Beyond that you have a point.

No one is running away with this thing.  Leaving themselves short an emergency starter was definitely a mistake.  The Lowrie money, most likely should have been spent there.  Too late.  The bullpen also has a couple of holes.  The lack of hitting, while maddening, will straighten itself out.  Frazier must be removed from this starting lineup.  Now.  You don't blow up a season because you have a veteran on a bad contract.  Sandy Alderson did that.  This is supposed to be different.  It had better be.

It is becoming more and more apparent that Mickey Callahan is not long for this job.  We already knew that he was not a long term solution.  And they complained about Terry.  Laughable.  If this continues, he'll be gone by mid- June.  The next three weeks will tell.

On 5/6/2019 at 2:29 PM, 14 in Green said:

First losing streak of the season guys. Calm down. LOL

If we're still struggling come Memorial Day, we'll be able to revel in our usual 4 months of irrelevance. 

It's bad getting worse...

On 5/6/2019 at 2:44 PM, 14 in Green said:

8 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Are you OK?  Is that your idea of "calm".  You don't trade a talent like Diaz.  He's young, under contract and control and devastatingly talented.  I would never consider trading DeGrom, and the must extend Wheeler.  Beyond that, Matz, and to a much lesser extent Syndergaard are expendable.  You don't trade McNeil, Conforto, Alonso,  or Rosario [although he's been for sh#t lately,  fielding not hitting}.  Beyond that you have a point.

No one is running away with this thing.  Leaving themselves short an emergency starter was definitely a mistake.  The Lowrie money, most likely should have been spent there.  Too late.  The bullpen also has a couple of holes.  The lack of hitting, while maddening, will straighten itself out.  Frazier must be removed from this starting lineup.  Now.  You don't blow up a season because you have a veteran on a bad contract.  Sandy Alderson did that.  This is supposed to be different.  It had better be.

It is becoming more and more apparent that Mickey Callahan is not long for this job.  We already knew that he was not a long term solution.  And they complained about Terry.  Laughable.  If this continues, he'll be gone by mid- June.  The next three weeks will tell.

LOL. yeah, I'm ok buddy, but this team makes me crazy sometimes.

Look at my post that I put here just above yours. I said "at the deadline, mid July" and "everyone EXCEPT 4 or 5 guys". deGrom, McNeil, Conforto, Alonso, Davis and maybe Wheeler are the only "untouchables" on this team. If we fall apart again this year the way we have the last couple of years I think it's time to say the current model (build around our starting pitchers) isn't working. If we do decide to tear it up, (which I don't think this team has the balls to do anyway) you've got to give up something valuable to contenders if you want prime prospects like the Yankees got a few years ago.

You're right about Diaz, but here's the thing. A young cheap closer isn't doing a 70-75 win team any good, and would bring back great pieces in a trade to a contender. Think teams like the Red Sox. Same exact thing with Syndegaard.

Matz's only value is that he's a slightly above average Lefty, so he might bring back a decent return also. As far as Rosario, I know you still have hope for him, but to me he's the type of player you forget completely about the minute he's gone. He's holding down the position (barely) only because the Mets top young SS prospects are a year or two away. I don't think we could get the proverbial "bag of balls" for him.

I also agree that no team in this division is going to run away this year, but c'mon, in the back of your mind you have to wonder if we're going to even be one of the teams in the mix. The first six weeks of this season seem to have a very familiar look to the last two years...

Whether it's ultimately the right decision, I'm getting the feeling that unless this team turns it around by the end of this month, Calloway is a goner. Brodie doesn't seem like the most patient of guys, and I doubt Riggleman is here to make sure they don't bat out of order.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, section314 said:

Whether it's ultimately the right decision, I'm getting the feeling that unless this team turns it around by the end of this month, Calloway is a goner. Brodie doesn't seem like the most patient of guys, and I doubt Riggleman is here to make sure they don't bat out of order.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:02 AM, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

It is becoming more and more apparent that Mickey Callahan is not long for this job.  We already knew that he was not a long term solution.  And they complained about Terry.  Laughable.  If this continues, he'll be gone by mid- June.  The next three weeks will tell

You're preaching to the choir.  It's the right decision, and well deserved.  There's plenty of a "body of work" to go by now.  He doesn't seem to be getting any better.  Same old "all is fine, nothing to see here", head in the sand persona.  Nice guy, but......

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’ve only been following the Mets when they’re on TV at the gym but SNY just did three back-to-back-to-back panel segments on Jed Lowrie so I’m assuming the season is over??? 

Yes but man was the end of March and beginning of April fun! 

• Sympathy 1

For all the defensive "lapses" Ahmed Rosario has had since early in the season, he is turning into quite an offensive player.  He is 10th amongst all shortstops in batting average, ,285, and is tied for third in RBI's with Trevor Story, who plays in Colorado.  They both have 24.  That's not too shabby for a "place-keeping", stop gap, player,  huh @14 in Green?.  Think we should keep him for a while.  The defense will work itself out.  It's a problem with concentration, no a flaw.

Nice effort tonight.  Wish they all could be like this.  Conforto looks good.  What a streaky player.  Jeff McNeil is really something.  A machine.  Finally a replacement for Daniel Murphy.  Better athlete.  Better fielder.  Someday, maybe a better player.

Anyone who thinks that they need to see "more" from Zach Wheeler, before they re-sign him long term, does not know what an "elite" pitcher looks like.  He's 28, and will pitch at this level for at least another 5 years.  Secure him now, before it's too late.

Anyone seen Cespedes.  Just wondering.  Went golfing today.  Wasn't there.  Just wondering.  It's almost June...….

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

For all the defensive "lapses" Ahmed Rosario has had since early in the season, he is turning into quite an offensive player.  He is 10th amongst all shortstops in batting average, ,285, and is tied for third in RBI's with Trevor Story, who plays in Colorado.  They both have 24.  That's not too shabby for a "place-keeping", stop gap, player,  huh @14 in Green?.  Think we should keep him for a while.  The defense will work itself out.  It's a problem with concentration, no a flaw.

Nice effort tonight.  Wish they all could be like this.  Conforto looks good.  What a streaky player.  Jeff McNeil is really something.  A machine.  Finally a replacement for Daniel Murphy.  Better athlete.  Better fielder.  Someday, maybe a better player.

Anyone who thinks that they need to see "more" from Zach Wheeler, before they re-sign him long term, does not know what an "elite" pitcher looks like.  He's 28, and will pitch at this level for at least another 5 years.  Secure him now, before it's too late.

Anyone seen Cespedes.  Just wondering.  Went golfing today.  Wasn't there.  Just wondering.  It's almost June...….

You're right. He's been hitting very well this season. Much better then I thought he would. His defense has been terrible though. As long as he hits, I won't push back on the "lapses". He's your guy, we'll go with the "concentration thing" for now.

BTW go over to NYPostsports.com they put up an interesting piece late this afternoon about a meeting Wilpon called today with Brody and Callaway.

How'd you hit 'em today? I had the inevitable blow up round yesterday after a few weeks of solid play. Just in time for a tournament tomorrow...

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

You're right. He's been hitting very well this season. Much better then I thought he would. His defense has been terrible though. As long as he hits, I won't push back on the "lapses". He's your guy, we'll go with the "concentration thing" for now.

BTW go over to NYPostsports.com they put up an interesting piece late this afternoon about a meeting Wilpon called today with Brody and Callaway.

How'd you hit 'em today? I had the inevitable blow up round yesterday after a few weeks of solid play. Just in time for a tournament tomorrow...

Just bought a Taylor Made M3 driver on line from TGW for $275.00, with tax and shipping.  Cheap.  Best money I ever spent.  Added 35 yards plus to my drives.  What a difference.  10.5 degree loft, regular flex.  My old driver was 9.5.  Didn't adjust it, didn't need to.  It was great.  Was supposed to rain/pour, thought we'd only get in 9.  Managed to get in 18.

There are no bad days playing.  Had a blast.  Good luck in the tournament.  Play like Tony Romo did in his second round, not his first.  It's amazing how the swing comes and goes.  You can be rolling along, got it all figured out, then the wheels come off.  Three holes later, the "light" goes back on.  What a game.

Will read the Post article later on.  Thanks.  Don't imagine that things will get taken care of at the "snail's pace" that existed with Alderson.  That's a plus.  Don't want Callaway gone yet, although it won't crush me if they pulled the plug.  Nimmo is starting to look slightly better.  Thought they should've given him a little time on the bench.  Maybe it won't be necessary.  McNeil has been on base another 4 times tonight. " Amazing Met". 

We're only 2 games under .500, not 10.  Not really panic time. Should be 8 games over.  We'll see.  Derek Jeter is quite the Baseball Operations Maven.  What a joke.  Almost feel bad for him....Naah!!?

Talk to you later Brother.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

So this thread has been quiet for a week now. 

I'm sitting here in Myrtle Beach watching the Marlins score 4 early runs off deGrom.

Its now 7-1 marlins.

The Mets suck.

Thanks for giving me a place to vent.

Just about time for Mickey to go.  Low energy.  Brings nothing to the table.  Finally makes a good in-game move by pinch hitting McNeil for Rosario with the  game on the line.  Predictably for him, doesn't work out.

The most maddening thing for me is the errors.  Every fking game.  No excuse for it.  Lack of intensity and preparedness.  To me shows a lack of mental toughness and accountability. That's on the "leaders" and manager.

Todd Frazier?? Still?? When is enough, enough with this guy?  No range, can't hit.  I don't give a sh*t about the money.  They're flushing the season.. .  Again Cano doesn't run one out.  Nothing new there.  

Wasn't going to respond, but you're comments got me started.  Going to end it here before I really get going.  Every time I think I've seen the last of Sewald, here he comes again.  We can't do better than that?? Really????

Peter Alonso is a pleasure to watch.  Too bad Conforto got hurt.  If he finishes the game last night, and plays tonight, I think we win both.  Oh well.....

Thanks @14 in Green  I wasn't going to think about this tonight.  Hope at least you feel better now......

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, faba said:

Rock bottom almost to lose to a minor league team in danger of being swept. Calloway can not survive this disaster remember he is not the GM's guy

Gase has got a couple of months before camp starts. He'd have a field day getting rid of guys on this team.?