2019-2020 METS THREAD! It’s time has come.

32EBoozer

Really, who do the Mets sell on?
I would say Wheeler. Syndergaard? Maybe someone takes a flyer on Frazier. Lagares is not really valuable to anyone. 
Much of the rest of the roster is controllable by the Mets or not really a worthy piece for someone else to buy. 
Plenty of players with value few worth trading.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

Nice piece of managing again last night by The Mick!   This F'ing guy with the pitching staff is unreal.  What a turd.

This season is done.

Supposedly apologized to the team for taking Noah out. Two of the last three games he took veteran pitchers out of games to turn it over to the worst bullpen in baseball. These guys pitch once every 5 damn days, let them win or lose their own games. Calloway is in way over his head. Is not getting any better....he's getting worse.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

Supposedly apologized to the team for taking Noah out. Two of the last three games he took veteran pitchers out of games to turn it over to the worst bullpen in baseball. These guys pitch once every 5 damn days, let them win or lose their own games. Calloway is in way over his head. Is not getting any better....he's getting worse.

Stop.  He apologized?  Oh for ****s sake...this team...

On 6/9/2019 at 10:30 AM, faba said:

Where would the Mets be without Alonso and Mcneil- two guys carrying the team two bright spots

In reality, 2 players that are carrying the team right now, are 2 players that this forum wanted on a trash heap-- Vargas and Todd Frazier.

Just the way it goes sometimes. The vaunted starting staff has been a true disappointment. Yet somehow they are hanging around .500

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

In reality, 2 players that are carrying the team right now, are 2 players that this forum wanted on a trash heap-- Vargas and Todd Frazier.

Just the way it goes sometimes. The vaunted starting staff has been a true disappointment. Yet somehow they are hanging around .500

Had a stat last night on Sportnite SNY. Over his last 8 starts, Vargas has an era of 2.20. That's not a misprint. 

3 hours ago, section314 said:

I posted a few weeks ago after a terrible loss to Arizona that the Mets should release Familia because he has absolutely nothing to offer this team, and was met with a fair amount of resistance. After last night, anyone still feel that way?

The issue is not with Familia.  It does not matter how bad he is or how many times he blows or how many games he ignites.

He will never be released.  Not by this ownership.  Not by this team.  Not even benched by this manager.

I assume you heard what Mickey said last night, following this latest disaster.  He is here for three years, he is going to "work" with him, whatever that means,  and that the erstwhile manager in charge, likes the fact that this team, "never gives up".

Heroin addicts are more in touch with reality than this guy.  The "ship be sinkin" and this chucklehead is the only one who doesn't see it.  Why is a washed up Carlos Gomez or a "never was" Juan Lagares still patrolling center field? 

What happened to Familia's splitter of two years ago.  He doesn't use it anymore.  Instead we see flat mediocre sliders and pedestrian fastballs down the middle of the plate.  There is no aggressiveness by the pitching staff, pitching inside, or a plan of attack.  Successful innings produce by relievers are met with a removal after one inning and replacement by the next jag in line.  Why can't Gsellman or  Lugo finish a game if they're going well.  Callahan is a pitching guru?   Then I am a nuclear physicist.  The pitching "coach" needs to be fired.  This bullpen sucks.

Status quo is not going to get much better.  If a move is not made in the next two weeks, we will have our answer about Brodie.  More of the same by the Wilpons, wrapped up in a different package.  DISGRACEFULL!!!!

I have not watched a full game recently.  In and out, because the predictable, impending fiasco makes it too maddening to watch.  If this continues, I will watch even less.  McNeil, Alonso, and the occasional at bat by Conforto and Dom is all that's worth it.  That and Wheeler and Jake.  Nothing more than that.  Pisses me off.

As bad as the Jets have ever been, it's never come to that.  I will never turn off a game.  Whether it's the fact that there's only sixteen of them, and makes them precious, I don't know.  What I do know it this sh*t is unwatchable, and I've got better things to get aggravated about.

Glad I got that off my chest.  Guess I can go golfing now.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

The issue is not with Familia.  It does not matter how bad he is or how many times he blows or how many games he ignites.

He will never be released.  Not by this ownership.  Not by this team.  Not even benched by this manager.

I assume you heard what Mickey said last night, following this latest disaster.  He is here for three years, he is going to "work" with him, whatever that means,  and that the erstwhile manager in charge, likes the fact that this team, "never gives up".

Heroin addicts are more in touch with reality than this guy.  The "ship be sinkin" and this chucklehead is the only one who doesn't see it.  Why is a washed up Carlos Gomez or a "never was" Juan Lagares still patrolling center field? 

What happened to Familia's splitter of two years ago.  He doesn't use it anymore.  Instead we see flat mediocre sliders and pedestrian fastballs down the middle of the plate.  There is no aggressiveness by the pitching staff, pitching inside, or a plan of attack.  Successful innings produce by relievers are met with a removal after one inning and replacement by the next jag in line.  Why can't Gsellman or  Lugo finish a game if they're going well.  Callahan is a pitching guru?   Then I am a nuclear physicist.  The pitching "coach" needs to be fired.  This bullpen sucks.

Status quo is not going to get much better.  If a move is not made in the next two weeks, we will have our answer about Brodie.  More of the same by the Wilpons, wrapped up in a different package.  DISGRACEFULL!!!!

I have not watched a full game recently.  In and out, because the predictable, impending fiasco makes it too maddening to watch.  If this continues, I will watch even less.  McNeil, Alonso, and the occasional at bat by Conforto and Dom is all that's worth it.  That and Wheeler and Jake.  Nothing more than that.  Pisses me off.

As bad as the Jets have ever been, it's never come to that.  I will never turn off a game.  Whether it's the fact that there's only sixteen of them, and makes them precious, I don't know.  What I do know it this sh*t is unwatchable, and I've got better things to get aggravated about.

Great post. Agree with most of it. I would have released him last night. You are probably right, though. If they won’t release him, he should be banished to Syracuse. He can ever pitch for them again. Period.

• Haha 1

On 6/15/2019 at 12:08 PM, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Hope you played well LOL. It looks like our golf games will have to get us through the summer. This team isn’t going to...

They are lifeless. The starters have disappointed. The bullpen is a mess. I told you before the season started Cano had George Foster written all over him coming off a PED suspension at his age. Ramos is a DP waiting to happen. The manager isn’t good, but he doesn’t have much to work with either thanks to our new GM and the team he’s assembled.

Tonight is the start of an 11 game road trip. 3 with Atl, 4 apiece with the Cubs and Phil’s. This is it my friend. We’re 3 under and what 7.5 out? If we don’t make our move now, start the fire sale.

EDIT apology to @faba. I just noticed he already talked about the road trip.

• Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

NO, the "scary part" is that even a five run lead does not feel safe in any way, shape, or form.  That is not just scary, it's sad.

You’re spot on with that.

I had the Brave telecast on for an inning or two, and they were talking about our pitching staff. Gave a breakdown of each guy this year as opposed to last. Then the bullpen. Ugh.

Then they made a really good point about BVWs offseason moves. Guys like Lowrie, Cano and Ramos. All 3 are 35ish, and though the names look good on paper, expecting them all to produce like it was 5-6 years ago is really pushing it.

Long story short, in my opinion they have a two week stretch to prove they can be relevant. If not, we need to see some big changes. This just isn’t working.

14 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

Anyone predicating when Kay shows up here? He didn't do well in his first start at Syracuse but a few good ones in a row and he's in Queens

Also, how long do they  stick with Tebow? He has clearly shown that he does not belong at the AAA level

No need to rush the kid unless we deal a couple of starters. This team isn’t going anywhere. 

Looks like another loss tonight. That will be 8.5 out and sinking fast.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

You’re spot on with that.

I had the Brave telecast on for an inning or two, and they were talking about our pitching staff. Gave a breakdown of each guy this year as opposed to last. Then the bullpen. Ugh.

Then they made a really good point about BVWs offseason moves. Guys like Lowrie, Cano and Ramos. All 3 are 35ish, and though the names look good on paper, expecting them all to produce like it was 5-6 years ago is really pushing it.

Long story short, in my opinion they have a two week stretch to prove they can be relevant. If not, we need to see some big changes. This just isn’t working.

Not even watching.  Checked in, saw it was 5-3, and turned it off again.

I'm kinda done until further notice.  Bringing in Flexen into a tie game the other day, was the straw...…  

Don't want the anger or negativity in my head right now. I'll check in, but that's it.

• Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Not even watching.  Checked in, saw it was 5-3, and turned it off again.

I'm kinda done until further notice.  Bringing in Flexen into a tie game the other day, was the straw...…  

Don't want the anger or negativity in my head right now. I'll check in, but that's it.

Good. Your guy Familia ? is doing his thing again right now.

I’m about a week away from doing the same thing if they don’t turn it around. I’m going to come up to Long Island this summer for July and August. Play a bunch of different courses, and spend time with family and old friends. 

Perfect time to take a break from this team.

Probably getting close to Calloway being fired. He looks like dead man walking. Now 8.5 back, about to be passed by the Nats. That should stir the Wilpons. Scapegoat needed.

The worse culprit here is BVW. What a disaster. Yeah, let's think "outside the box" and hire a pompous sports agent with a huge ego and no clue.

Can we get Kelenic back? Just asking.