Jump to content
32EBoozer

2019 METS THREAD! It’s time has come.

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Didn't watch.  When it was 6-1 I'd had my fill.  Chalked it up to a bad day.  Went golfing instead.  A different kind of suffering.  Thought they'd mount some kind of a comeback.  Good to see.  If the game had gone a little differently, they may have had a chance to pull it out.

  The ball to Left Field that got over McNeil's head was a killer.  Set the tone for the rest of the game.  Still not sure he had any chance on that ball.  Misjudged it for sure.

The one thing that's been established in this early part of the season is that this is going to be one tough division. The best in baseball. I don't think that's an exaggeration.  Funny how over the course of a few seasons, the landscape in baseball has changed.

If they're serious about making a run this year they should add Keuchel or Kimbrel. It's clear the pitching isn't where it needs to be and who knows what happens throughout the year with Thor's health and Wheeler's inevitable ups and downs. Vargas isn't enough and the bullpen is too thin to rely on Lugo or Gsellman as starters again.

But it's nice to see that finally the offense doesn't seem to be the problem. Pitching is far more easy to solve than hitting. Especially in-season.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

If they're serious about making a run this year they should add Keuchel or Kimbrel. It's clear the pitching isn't where it needs to be and who knows what happens throughout the year with Thor's health and Wheeler's inevitable ups and downs. Vargas isn't enough and the bullpen is too thin to rely on Lugo or Gsellman as starters again.

But it's nice to see that finally the offense doesn't seem to be the problem. Pitching is far more easy to solve than hitting. Especially in-season.

I like Keuchel but not at the 18 million price tag that he had before the season.  I don't see him moving that far off that number, which makes him a bad fit for the Mets.  I would like the Mets to move Lugo back to the #5 starting role, and put Vargas in the bullpen.  I'd love to dump him personally, he's a really bad contract, but that's never going to happen.  Another gift from Sandy.  Thanks a lot.

  Kimbrel is another bad fit for the Mets.  We have a closer, his preference, and I'm comfortable with Familia in the set-up role, despite his inconsistencies.  Kimbrel was really bad in the World Series, shockingly so, don't know if it was a blip on the radar, or  a sign of things to come.  We've got a couple of hard throwing "prospects" in AAA who may develop over the course of the season, and be valuable additions later in the season.  Kimbrel also wants a fortune, a reason why he's still out there. If he signs a short term deal with any team, he will demand to be a closer.

  Also, Keuchel  would cost us a draft pick. Not a great idea.  Wheeler will be fine. Soon.  Guaranteed.

Offensively it a refreshing change, eight years in the making, and at the cost of at least one World Series Championship, in my opinion.  Water under the bridge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once, just once, can we please get a drama free 9th inning. 

We are sitting 8-4, feel good about the record, love what I am seeing offensively (as a Met-Jet fan when is the last time I said that) but man, these late innings are brutal.  Not quite sure how we have given up so many 8th and 9th inning runs without it costing us a game yet.  All I am asking for is one game where we have a 9-1 lead after 7; or 6-2 in the 8th.  And we finish it off without drama.  Thought it might happen last night, then next thing you know, Freddie Freeman is the tying run at the plate.  Diaz got him, but its never easy with this team.

First place.  8-4.  Get this bullpen figured out and we might have something this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Once, just once, can we please get a drama free 9th inning. 

We are sitting 8-4, feel good about the record, love what I am seeing offensively (as a Met-Jet fan when is the last time I said that) but man, these late innings are brutal.  Not quite sure how we have given up so many 8th and 9th inning runs without it costing us a game yet.  All I am asking for is one game where we have a 9-1 lead after 7; or 6-2 in the 8th.  And we finish it off without drama.  Thought it might happen last night, then next thing you know, Freddie Freeman is the tying run at the plate.  Diaz got him, but its never easy with this team.

First place.  8-4.  Get this bullpen figured out and we might have something this year.

It's a bizarro world where our bats are carrying the team.  Not sure what to make of it, I figured pitching would be our strength and loved the moves they made to strengthen the pull pen on paper, it just hasnt been going that way so far.  I'm hoping that will change.  I hope it doesnt coincide with bats going cold.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible Alonso is the real deal?

Do pitchers figure him out next time through the league?

The dude is crushing the ball. Such a stupid stat but the exit velocity on his HR last night was 118 mph, hardest hit ball in the league this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Is it possible Alonso is the real deal?

Haven't you been paying attention?   OOOOHHHHH  YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!   Hell yeah!

13 hours ago, Lith said:

Freddie Freeman is the tying run at the plate.  Diaz got him, but its never easy

That 99 mph laser beam  heater on the outside corner to end the game, made it all OK.  Diaz is a monster.

13 hours ago, JiF said:

It's a bizarro world where our bats are carrying the team.  Not sure what to make of it,

This is a different Mets team.  They're going to hit.  ALL YEAR.  Get used to it.  I am absolutely thrilled with the development of Conforto,  and Rosario.....

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:13 PM, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Wheeler will be fine. Soon.  Guaranteed.

Mission accomplished.  Hate the way "the doubters" rear their ugly heads, any time this kid struggles...  It's not fair and unwarranted.  He is for real, extend him,  NOW!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Haven't you been paying attention?   OOOOHHHHH  YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!   Hell yeah!

That 99 mph laser beam  heater on the outside corner to end the game, made it all OK.  Diaz is a monster.

This is a different Mets team.  They're going to hit.  ALL YEAR.  Get used to it.  I am absolutely thrilled with the development of Conforto,  and Rosario.....

Mission accomplished.  Hate the way "the doubters" rear their ugly heads, any time this kid struggles...  It's not fair and unwarranted.  He is for real, extend him,  NOW!

Oh yeah I’ve been paying attention but I just don’t want to jinx it. 

Too bad because I like Dom Smith now that he can sleep and has lost weight. Gotta find spots for him to play but Alonso  holy cow. 

The guy I’m cautiously getting very excited about is Rosario. And geez what a swing Cano has and what they are saying right now about how he’s helping the youngsters out on watching pitchers is really great to hear. 

And maybe Conforto wins an MVP one of these years. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Oh yeah I’ve been paying attention but I just don’t want to jinx it. 

Too bad because I like Dom Smith now that he can sleep and has lost weight. Gotta find spots for him to play but Alonso  holy cow. 

The guy I’m cautiously getting very excited about is Rosario. And geez what a swing Cano has and what they are saying right now about how he’s helping the youngsters out on watching pitchers is really great to hear. 

And maybe Conforto wins an MVP one of these years. 

 

There's no way to Jinx this kid.  He's the real deal.  Great future ahead.  Dom Smith has been a completely different player than what we witnessed last year and before.  Thought he was lazy.  Thought his bat was slow.  I was wrong on both counts.  Two hits tonight, the double in the 9th was impressive.  Don't worry, he has a place on this team.  He's been great pinch hitting too.  And his defense finally is as advertised. I wasn't mad that they sat Alonso tonight.  Dom Smith made that decision look smart.  I felt like he would.

Rosario is a star in the making.  I was so pissed at the prospect of his name being mentioned in trade discussions this offseason.  Thankfully Brodie was too smart for that.  Sandy Alderson wouldn't have been.  Cano hasn't hit yet, but I'm not concerned.  His impact on this team has been noticeable.

Conforto, so far, has been everything that we always hoped for, and most expected.  The future looks bright.  Good win tonight.  Wheeler was strong. Lugo was sharp.  This is fun. Bullpen has been for sh*t, but I am not worried like in seasons past.  Gsellman  will get it straight, and Familia is always going to make you nuts.  It was good to see him feature his splitter more last night.  Seemed like he forgot about that pitch lately.  Has to throw the sinker down and hard like he did when he was at his best.

Love the catcher.  He's a pro.  That's who I wanted from the get go. Didn't want to give up the farm for Realmuto.  Another Genius move by Brodie.  Nimmo is out of his funk.  That didn't take too long.  Great kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

There's no way to Jinx this kid.  He's the real deal.  Great future ahead.  Dom Smith has been a completely different player than what we witnessed last year and before.  Thought he was lazy.  Thought his bat was slow.  I was wrong on both counts.  Two hits tonight, the double in the 9th was impressive.  Don't worry, he has a place on this team.  He's been great pinch hitting too.  And his defense finally is as advertised. I wasn't mad that they sat Alonso tonight.  Dom Smith made that decision look smart.  I felt like he would.

Rosario is a star in the making.  I was so pissed at the prospect of his name being mentioned in trade discussions this offseason.  Thankfully Brodie was too smart for that.  Sandy Alderson wouldn't have been.  Cano hasn't hit yet, but I'm not concerned.  His impact on this team has been noticeable.

Conforto, so far, has been everything that we always hoped for, and most expected.  The future looks bright.  Good win tonight.  Wheeler was strong. Lugo was sharp.  This is fun. Bullpen has been for sh*t, but I am not worried like in seasons past.  Gsellman  will get it straight, and Familia is always going to make you nuts.  It was good to see him feature his splitter more last night.  Seemed like he forgot about that pitch lately.  Has to throw the sinker down and hard like he did when he was at his best.

Love the catcher.  He's a pro.  That's who I wanted from the get go. Didn't want to give up the farm for Realmuto.  Another Genius move by Brodie.  Nimmo is out of his funk.  That didn't take too long.  Great kid.

This is going to be a fun year waiting for football. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2019 at 10:43 PM, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

There's no way to Jinx this kid.  He's the real deal.  Great future ahead.  Dom Smith has been a completely different player than what we witnessed last year and before.  Thought he was lazy.  Thought his bat was slow.  I was wrong on both counts.  Two hits tonight, the double in the 9th was impressive.  Don't worry, he has a place on this team.  He's been great pinch hitting too.  And his defense finally is as advertised. I wasn't mad that they sat Alonso tonight.  Dom Smith made that decision look smart.  I felt like he would.

Rosario is a star in the making.  I was so pissed at the prospect of his name being mentioned in trade discussions this offseason.  Thankfully Brodie was too smart for that.  Sandy Alderson wouldn't have been.  Cano hasn't hit yet, but I'm not concerned.  His impact on this team has been noticeable.

Conforto, so far, has been everything that we always hoped for, and most expected.  The future looks bright.  Good win tonight.  Wheeler was strong. Lugo was sharp.  This is fun. Bullpen has been for sh*t, but I am not worried like in seasons past.  Gsellman  will get it straight, and Familia is always going to make you nuts.  It was good to see him feature his splitter more last night.  Seemed like he forgot about that pitch lately.  Has to throw the sinker down and hard like he did when he was at his best.

Love the catcher.  He's a pro.  That's who I wanted from the get go. Didn't want to give up the farm for Realmuto.  Another Genius move by Brodie.  Nimmo is out of his funk.  That didn't take too long.  Great kid.

Now is the time to lock up Conforto on a team friendy contract and see if we can get Wheeler to sign as well. All the smart teams are signing their young talent years before the hit FA. Win/Win for both. Thor and Rosario should be added to that list.

 

That Atlanta kid signed such a bad deal that his agent may never find future employment!!

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus h Christ does this pitching staff blow donkey dick 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching a Mets offense with this much homegrown talent put up numbers like this is ******* cool.

But man, do we need pitching. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8th inning last night was brutal, lucky to still be in the game after that.  At least it was nice to see Diaz come in and blow them away in the bottom of the 11th.  3 batters, 3 striekouts, no drama.  Just what you want out of a closer.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bullpen has been a disaster so far-who would have thought the Mets and their tradition would be bailed out by offense - at least so far

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lith said:

8th inning last night was brutal, lucky to still be in the game after that.  At least it was nice to see Diaz come in and blow them away in the bottom of the 11th.  3 batters, 3 striekouts, no drama.  Just what you want out of a closer.

Message sent to the Phillies.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, faba said:

The bullpen has been a disaster so far-who would have thought the Mets and their tradition would be bailed out by offense - at least so far

Interesting exchange last night in the 8th inning  between Gary and Keith. Gary bought up idea of Kimbrell.  Keith followed up with Kuechel. I would love Kimbrell if he would agree to be 8th inning guy, want no part of Kuechel. That said, they need to hit the ejector button on Vargas ASAP. You can't give up a game every 5 days.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, section314 said:

Interesting exchange last night in the 8th inning  between Gary and Keith. Gary bought up idea of Kimbrell.  Keith followed up with Kuechel. I would love Kimbrell if he would agree to be 8th inning guy, want no part of Kuechel. That said, they need to hit the ejector button on Vargas ASAP. You can't give up a game every 5 days.

The problem is going to be starting piyching. Vargas is a black hole that will burn a bullpen, and an inevitable injury among the core 4 will expose a lack of depth of young talent at the position.

Maybe Dom Smith needs to be showcased for a possible trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Lith said:

8th inning last night was brutal, lucky to still be in the game after that.  At least it was nice to see Diaz come in and blow them away in the bottom of the 11th.  3 batters, 3 striekouts, no drama.  Just what you want out of a closer.

Is it me, or does Micky seem to stick with Pitchers a little too long?  And then he makes some head scratching decisions too.  Why not bring in Diaz in the 8th when they needed the one out?  Why Gsellman?   And why not pull Noah when it was clear he was about to give away the lead? 

Famalia is clearly not comfortable as the set-up man.  Great in theory but he just does not look comfortable coming in during the 8th.  

The starting pitching I'm not too concerned about, I'm going to chalk it up to a rough patch of games.  Noah and Jake are hitting the velocity, so it's probably just an issue of mechanics to get the location back.  Relief pitching?  Ugh.  It's a roll of the dice right now.

Thanks god the bats are on, which is cool and totally rare to see as a Mets fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Is it me, or does Micky seem to stick with Pitchers a little too long?  And then he makes some head scratching decisions too.  Why not bring in Diaz in the 8th when they needed the one out?  Why Gsellman?   And why not pull Noah when it was clear he was about to give away the lead? 

Famalia is clearly not comfortable as the set-up man.  Great in theory but he just does not look comfortable coming in during the 8th.  

The starting pitching I'm not too concerned about, I'm going to chalk it up to a rough patch of games.  Noah and Jake are hitting the velocity, so it's probably just an issue of mechanics to get the location back.  Relief pitching?  Ugh.  It's a roll of the dice right now.

Thanks god the bats are on, which is cool and totally rare to see as a Mets fan.

Familia was fine with the role after the trade to Oakland last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Familia was fine with the role after the trade to Oakland last year. 

I didnt follow him in Oakland to know his specific role.  Was he a set up man out there?  

He certainly doesnt look comfortable in the role right now.  He's been a disaster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JiF said:

I didnt follow him in Oakland to know his specific role.  Was he a set up man out there?  

He certainly doesnt look comfortable in the role right now.  He's been a disaster. 

Blake Treinen was the A's closer when Familia was dealt last year, and they used Familia to get to him. He did it with initially great results, and then fell off a bit. He finished with a 3.45 ERA for the A's. Not great, but not terrible either.

Familia was set-up for the Mets in 2014 before earning the closer gig in 2015. he was great that year.

All that said, I am not sure what this year will be for him at this point. He is just not hitting spots. That is putting it mildly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only silver lining in all of this is that the Braves, Phillies and Nats bullpens have all been dumpster fires too.

Really, around the league there is a lot of bad bullpenning going on.

That, and the ball is juiced again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Blake Treinen was the A's closer when Familia was dealt last year, and they used Familia to get to him. He did it with initially great results, and then fell off a bit. He finished with a 3.45 ERA for the A's. Not great, but not terrible either.

Familia was set-up for the Mets in 2014 before earning the closer gig in 2015. he was great that year.

All that said, I am not sure what this year will be for him at this point. He is just not hitting spots. That is putting it mildly.

He wasnt the closer in 14?  Who was he setting up?  My memory is shot right now...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The only silver lining in all of this is that the Braves, Phillies and Nats bullpens have all been dumpster fires too.

Really, around the league there is a lot of bad bullpenning going on.

That, and the ball is juiced again.

This is true.  Which makes me think to myself; how the hell are Kimbrel and Keuchel not signed?  And why not go sign them if you're the Mets? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JiF said:

This is true.  Which makes me think to myself; how the hell are Kimbrel and Keuchel not signed?  And why not go sign them if you're the Mets? 

We all know the reasons the Mets won't-$$$$$$. Even though they are getting money back on the deGrom deal this year, the Cespedes insurance and the Wright settlement, it is difficult to tell what the true spend is. 

Keuchel is a Boras client, so that is always tough. He does not carry any leverage until there are 2 truly desperate teams bidding against each other, and have a need. He does not have that yet. Not sure i9f they are willing to do a 1 year emergency deal, which I would guess would be the only way the Mets step in.

Not sure what clubs are thinking on Kimbrel. A reunion in Atlanta would seem to make the most sense, but the Braves seem very unwilling to invest in this year, other than getting extensions done.

It is difficult to think what mlb clubs are thinking these days, as it appears that labor unrest will be a huge topic going into 2021. The fact that teams own players so long under rookie deals, and then even delay that by sending them down for a couple of weeks to get another year, is certainly unfair. And now, they don't even want to pay them when they do hit free agency.

Players are going to want to burn this system down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JiF said:

Is it me, or does Micky seem to stick with Pitchers a little too long?  And then he makes some head scratching decisions too.  Why not bring in Diaz in the 8th when they needed the one out?  Why Gsellman?   And why not pull Noah when it was clear he was about to give away the lead? 

Famalia is clearly not comfortable as the set-up man.  Great in theory but he just does not look comfortable coming in during the 8th.  

The starting pitching I'm not too concerned about, I'm going to chalk it up to a rough patch of games.  Noah and Jake are hitting the velocity, so it's probably just an issue of mechanics to get the location back.  Relief pitching?  Ugh.  It's a roll of the dice right now.

Thanks god the bats are on, which is cool and totally rare to see as a Mets fan.

We got our answer "why on Gsellman in the 8th" question. Callaway said he is going to use Diaz mostly in 3 out situations. He said he may detour at times, but that is his current approach.

Maybe this is a concession to Diaz' former bone spurs in elbow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

We got our answer "why on Gsellman in the 8th" question. Callaway said he is going to use Diaz mostly in 3 out situations. He said he may detour at times, but that is his current approach.

Maybe this is a concession to Diaz' former bone spurs in elbow.

Interesting.  I just came across this article:

https://sports.yahoo.com/mets-seem-committed-being-dumb-143415703.html

 

Last night, the Mets were clinging to a one-run lead in the eighth inning. Jeruys Familia didn’t have it. He gave up a single and a walk to put two men on and then lucked into a double play. Then he walked two more guys to load the bases. With the heart of the Phillies order coming to the plate, the game was on the line. That it was the Phillies — who the Mets figure to be battling all season long in the NL East — means that this game mattered a whole heck of a lot. The Mets needed an out there. The leverage could not have been higher.

This past offseason the Mets swung a blockbuster trade for reliever Edwin Díaz. Díaz saved 57 games last year and, before last night, had allowed only one run in seven outings. He also had not pitched since last Thursday. Díaz is the Mets’ best reliever, he was more than fully rested and he was ready to go in the bullpen. So what did Mets manager Mickey Callaway do?

He put Robert Gsellman in the game. Gsellman issued a bases-loaded walk on four pitches which forced extras innings. The Mets ended up winning the game — and Díaz got the save — but a good outcome does mean that a bad decision was not made. The win notwithstanding, not using Díaz in the eighth was a bad decision.

After the game, Calloway met the press and from the sound of it he and the Mets seem content to make bad decisions in the future too:

 

“He’s not going to get four outs. He’s going to get three . . . When we get to the playoffs, he’ll be available for more than three outs.”

 

Díaz is young and has had bone spurs, so perhaps some caution with him is necessary, but who said he had to get four outs in that situation? Why not just bring him in for the one critical out? Or, maybe two if Callaway decided to pull the plug on Familia earlier in the inning? Callaway also added that he has faith in his other relievers. OK, fine. Even better then to use Díaz for one out there and one of his other relievers in the ninth inning, which would’ve started with a one-run lead and no one on base, thereby presenting way lower leverage, right?

This approach to using Díaz is sub-optimal pitcher usage. The “three outs only” thing — and the assumption that, if used in the eighth last night, he would’ve had to get four outs — is about catering to the save statistic.

Callaway says he’ll change all of that once the Mets are in the playoffs, but by mismanaging his bullpen like this, he’s going to end up harming the Mets’ chances of making the playoffs in the first place.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JiF said:

This is true.  Which makes me think to myself; how the hell are Kimbrel and Keuchel not signed?  And why not go sign them if you're the Mets? 

They want insane deals for older players.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:29 AM, Scott Dierking said:

The problem is going to be starting piyching. Vargas is a black hole that will burn a bullpen, and an inevitable injury among the core 4 will expose a lack of depth of young talent at the position.

Maybe Dom Smith needs to be showcased for a possible trade.

The first part of your post is absolutely right.  Vargas was a disastrous signing from the outset.  Typical Sandy Alderson signing.  Todd Frazier is a similar albatross.  Getting rid of him at the trade deadline is our only hope.  As for Vargas, bury him as the long man in the bullpen.  He is just as "bad" as Oswalt or  that waste of  space Sewald, how he is still on any roster is beyond me.

As for Dom Smith, trading him, especially now, would be a mistake.  He finally gets it, is our best pinch hitter, is an effective defensive replacement at first, and his trade value will only increase. Going forward he can also play a little left field.  Or you can trade him when his value is properly elevated, although I like to hold on to home grown talent.  Damn that Pete Alonso.

As for in house solutions for starters, the cupboard is pretty bare.  Hector Santiago is a Veteran Lefty at AAA who has had decent stats and could be a short term solution.  Beyond that they would have to take a chance on a youngster or look outside the organization.  This was a sore spot that should have been addressed in the offseason, and wasn't.  Now it's a problem.  I'm sure that Vargas salary had something to do with the approach.  Unfortunate.

Anyway, it's still early in the season.  The rotation and bullpen as a unit has been horrible.  Hopefully, it'll work it's way out.  Fortunately we're not the only ones with this problem.  Seems league wide.  I'm concerned with Familia.  Where's his fire?  Needs to get it straight.  Soon.  As it now stands, I'd flip him with Gsellman, taking over the eighth inning role.  Gsellman hasn't been great, but seems to be improving.  At least he shows competitive fire.  Familia looks lost.  Thank G-d for Diaz.  He's a man.  Lucky to have him.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy sh*t.  This is bad.  Like really bad.  Our pitching staff is absolutely god awful.  How did this happen?  Our starters are a straight joke.

This is looking like another one of those nice starts only to be a disaster in the long run.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27th in ERA.  27th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was fun while it lasted...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well so far entire pitching staff except for Diaz so disappointing. Walks are killing them all also.

Kimbrall price keeps going down - make a bold move shore up that pen . I do not trust Famillia never have never will based on his past

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2019 at 3:11 PM, JiF said:

27th in ERA.  27th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was fun while it lasted...

That Infinity Matz threw up there the other night won't help.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Relax boys.  It's April.  All of the other teams in the division have warts.  DeGrom is fine.  Wheeler too.  Syndergaard is, what he is.  His stuff is still dominant.  Matz is the one to be concerned about.  He is a .500 pitcher.  Not much better. Vargas sucks.  We all knew that. 

The offense has been fine, for the most part. Look at the bright side.  Cano still has not hit.  He will, and when he does, bang...  A couple of tough losses.  If they had won yesterday, none of this would have been much of an issue. 

In the bullpen,  Lugo has gotten back on track, Gsellman is improving, and Wilson is showing signs.  Familia is the one to worry about.  Diaz is a stud.

THIS IS NOT LAST YEAR......

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...