Jump to content
32EBoozer

2019 METS THREAD! It’s time has come.

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

They have to find out what they have in JD Davis too. Kid looks intriguing

And definitely keep McNeil 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

He’s expendable with Alonso slamming it. Dom is strictly a 1st baseman and would be a nice chip to trade in a package. Nice to see him finally come around. Trade him by the trade deadline and get a prospect. We have so many positions, C, 3rd base, OF, pitching where we need young talent.

It's a good thing they didn't trade one of the best OF prospects in baseball for Robinson Cano.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's a good thing they didn't trade one of the best OF prospects in baseball for Robinson Cano.

You have to ask is an elite closer more valuable than a 5 tool OF prospect. Let me answer my own dumb question. NO!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You have to ask is an elite closer more valuable than a 5 tool OF prospect. Let me answer my own dumb question. NO!!!!!
This trade was a bad move by brodi. Diaz has been a disappointment, Cano has sucked and kelinek is flying up the minor leagues.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my " two cents" idea of the day.  For what it's worth.

When, and if,  you have to blow up this pitching staff, you extend Zach Wheeler, and deal Noah Syndergaard.  It's a man vs. boy thing.  Wheeler is a competitor, while Noah seems like a perpetual "wanna be".  I know about the age difference, doesn't matter to me.

Wheeler will be a top of the rotation starter for the duration of Jacob DeGrom's prime years. Noah will bring much more back in a trade, too.  Wheeler at the trading deadline, would be a waste.  If that were the scenario, last year was the time to do it.  That ship has sailed.

We would be VERY foolish to trade Diaz, now or in the near future.  He is under control, at very reasonable money for several years.  Talent like this kid isn't readily available, if ever.  It's just a rough patch.  It'll pass.

Have reconciled myself to giving up Dom Smith.  Too bad.  Doesn't have a position on this team.  At least they didn't dump him last year, for a "bag of balls".  That would've been typical.  Looks like they'll be able to sell high on Matz too.  Not a long term solution, despite his recent "revelation".  Will always give up the game killing Home Run.  Always.

Juan Lagares needs to follow Keon Broxton out of town soon.  I don't care how great of a fielder he is.  There are plenty of those.  He doesn't save games.  Doesn't hit, never will.  Tired of watching his plate appearances.  They tend to make me sick.  You can't steal first base.

I think despite the frustration of watching this team, this season is far from over.  As bad as it's been, they are still very much in it.  Atlanta is not for real.  The Phillies probably are.  Washington is toast.  We haven't had a "run" of victories yet this year, nor has the team had time to "jell".  Think it will come.  Wait to get healthy.  Soon.  McNeil is coming back.  Cano will hit at some point soon.  Conforto is back,  Alonso, well......

One more thing.  F*ck Cespedes.  He is a loser.  Don't want to even see him back next year.  I'm that mad.  Trade him, cut him, cripple him, I don't care.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Here's my " two cents" idea of the day.  For what it's worth.
When, and if,  you have to blow up this pitching staff, you extend Zach Wheeler, and deal Noah Syndergaard.  It's a man vs. boy thing.  Wheeler is a competitor, while Noah seems like a perpetual "wanna be".  I know about the age difference, doesn't matter to me.
Wheeler will be a top of the rotation starter for the duration of Jacob DeGrom's prime years. Noah will bring much more back in a trade, too.  Wheeler at the trading deadline, would be a waste.  If that were the scenario, last year was the time to do it.  That ship has sailed.
We would be VERY foolish to trade Diaz, now or in the near future.  He is under control, at very reasonable money for several years.  Talent like this kid isn't readily available, if ever.  It's just a rough patch.  It'll pass.
Have reconciled myself to giving up Dom Smith.  Too bad.  Doesn't have a position on this team.  At least they didn't dump him last year, for a "bag of balls".  That would've been typical.  Looks like they'll be able to sell high on Matz too.  Not a long term solution, despite his recent "revelation".  Will always give up the game killing Home Run.  Always.
Juan Lagares needs to follow Keon Broxton out of town soon.  I don't care how great of a fielder he is.  There are plenty of those.  He doesn't save games.  Doesn't hit, never will.  Tired of watching his plate appearances.  They tend to make me sick.  You can't steal first base.
I think despite the frustration of watching this team, this season is far from over.  As bad as it's been, they are still very much in it.  Atlanta is not for real.  The Phillies probably are.  Washington is toast.  We haven't had a "run" of victories yet this year, nor has the team had time to "jell".  Think it will come.  Wait to get healthy.  Soon.  McNeil is coming back.  Cano will hit at some point soon.  Conforto is back,  Alonso, well......
One more thing.  F*ck Cespedes.  He is a loser.  Don't want to even see him back next year.  I'm that mad.  Trade him, cut him, cripple him, I don't care.
I think if the Mets are sellers they need to go all out. Only two players who should be considered untouchable at this point are alanso and conforto imo.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

I think if the Mets are sellers they need to go all out. Only two players who should be considered untouchable at this point are alanso and conforto imo.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

Seems a little bit severe to me.  It's not like the team is a disaster.  There are pieces in place.  Enough to make a run or two, at least. 

I don't trust the Wilpons desire to "invest" in a rebuild..  Give them the opportunity to trot a 80 million dollar  roster out there for a couple of years, and they'd jump at it.  Remember who you're dealing with here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

This trade was a bad move by brodi. Diaz has been a disappointment, Cano has sucked and kelinek is flying up the minor leagues.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

Should not have made deal if it include Kelenik since we were picking up the rest of Cano's horrible deal. Since Brodie got him that deal, he should have known better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

I think if the Mets are sellers they need to go all out. Only two players who should be considered untouchable at this point are alanso and conforto imo.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

Id' add Jake and Rosario.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Id' add Jake and Rosario.
Degrom is a good pitcher but good pitchers don't seem to last as long as they used to. Look at Harvey that guy was an ace and he fell apart...we should have traded him away when he had value We could have gotten some elite prospects instead we held on too long and his value was next to nothing. I love Rosario but even him I would trade for the right price because our top prospect currently is another shortstop and he should be coming up to the majors later this year or early next.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

Degrom is a good pitcher but good pitchers don't seem to last as long as they used to. Look at Harvey that guy was an ace and he fell apart...we should have traded him away when he had value We could have gotten some elite prospects instead we held on too long and his value was next to nothing. I love Rosario but even him I would trade for the right price because our top prospect currently is another shortstop and he should be coming up to the majors later this year or early next.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

Good point, but he's young and is just starting to show what he is capable of. Plus, we have nothing in the system, other than the kid you mentioned, as far as position players go. Would be tough for me to trade him, but you do make a good point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wanted to share this with my fellow Met fans. Was just about to go under yesterday morning for a small operation on a toe on my right foot, when I asked the anesthesiologist if when I woke up, the Mets would be in 1st place? His answer was pretty funny...." I doubt it because I can't do suspended annimation." 😁

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Good point, but he's young and is just starting to show what he is capable of. Plus, we have nothing in the system, other than the kid you mentioned, as far as position players go. Would be tough for me to trade him, but you do make a good point.


There is always the possibility of moving him to second or third or moving giminez too. Our farm system right now is one of the worst in the league and if kelenik ends up being good that is going to sting a bit. We need some more decent prospects right now alanso is looking like he has face of the franchise potential and we need to surround him with some more young kids who are hungry for wins instead of older guys who just want a paycheck. That is my opinion at least. Truth be told though I think guys like jd davis Rosario conforto and McNeil are good building blocks.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:


 

 


There is always the possibility of moving him to second or third or moving giminez too. Our farm system right now is one of the worst in the league and if kelenik ends up being good that is going to sting a bit. We need some more decent prospects right now alanso is looking like he has face of the franchise potential and we need to surround him with some more young kids who are hungry for wins instead of older guys who just want a paycheck. That is my opinion at least. Truth be told though I think guys like jd davis Rosario conforto and McNeil are good building blocks.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

Absolutely. An infield of Alonso, Giminez, Rosario and McNeil wouldn't be terrible. Not at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, section314 said:

Should not have made deal if it include Kelenik since we were picking up the rest of Cano's horrible deal. Since Brodie got him that deal, he should have known better.

Mets did get back $20m on a $120m  deal (what is left). 

Also have to remember that the deal allowed them to dumb Swarzak and Bruce back on the Mariners.

The deal will not be terrible if the Mets spend in the future. That is a BIG if.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Mets did get back $20m on a $120m  deal (what is left). 

Also have to remember that the deal allowed them to dumb Swarzak and Bruce back on the Mariners.

The deal will not be terrible if the Mets spend in the future. That is a BIG if.  

True, $ is $. The reality will be, who will have the better career, Diaz or Kelenik? Obviously, starting in 2019.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mets did get back $20m on a $120m  deal (what is left). 
Also have to remember that the deal allowed them to dumb Swarzak and Bruce back on the Mariners.
The deal will not be terrible if the Mets spend in the future. That is a BIG if.  
Bruce isn't playing bad this year I wouldn't be surprised if they flipped him for a decent prospect

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Bruce isn't playing bad this year I wouldn't be surprised if they flipped him for a decent prospect

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

He had no fit on the Mets, that was kind of the point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
He had no fit on the Mets, that was kind of the point.
I get that. Still the hindsight of it is that this trade is going to Look bad if kelenik looks good. It will look worse if they get a decent prospect for Bruce no one is going to Look back and say Bruce was a bad fit they will say we traded him too soon.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I get that. Still the hindsight of it is that this trade is going to Look bad if kelenik looks good. It will look worse if they get a decent prospect for Bruce no one is going to Look back and say Bruce was a bad fit they will say we traded him too soon.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

Bruce is NOT going to fetch a decent prospect. He is old, hitting .212 with a little bit of pop. 

I get hating on giving up Kelinic, but the Mets have made far worse trades. This was not a franchise crushing trade, if they spend $$$

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Just got a notification that the phillies are in talks with the mariners looking to trade for Bruce.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

LOL. The Mariners are looking to dump a number of players.

Ask yourself this question-What player would you take off the 40 man roster on the Mets, to house jay Bruce as a bench player?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like an absolute idiot, stayed up to watch the disaster last night. I'll make this short.....Familia is of no use whatsoever any more to this team. The Mets should release him today, and admit the mistake. Put everybody out of their misery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, section314 said:

Like an absolute idiot, stayed up to watch the disaster last night. I'll make this short.....Familia is of no use whatsoever any more to this team. The Mets should release him today, and admit the mistake. Put everybody out of their misery.

2nd night in the past week that I went to sleep feeling pretty secure in a win.  2nd morning in the past week when I woke up to read about a bullpen implosion snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.  Close out these two games, we would be looking at this team completely differently right now.  Maybe they should just end the games when I decide to go to sleep.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BVW's moves have been a disaster so far.  I hated the big Cano trade for many reasons, but I guess he had to "go for it" with the elder Wilpon getting close to moving on... Just a stupid trade on many levels.

It's not time to go full out seller mode yet (neither the Phillies or Braves are running away so far).

Familia was signed for (gulp) three years. They are stuck with him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheClashFan said:

BVW's moves have been a disaster so far.  I hated the big Cano trade for many reasons, but I guess he had to "go for it" with the elder Wilpon getting close to moving on... Just a stupid trade on many levels.

It's not time to go full out seller mode yet (neither the Phillies or Braves are running away so far).

Familia was signed for (gulp) three years. They are stuck with him.

 

No they are not..eat the damn contract and get rid of him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said it a month ago. This is a 70-75 win team.

ANYBODY on the pitching staff should be available in a trade for top prospects. A bad team doesn't need Diaz or Lugo. They are valuable trade assets teams like the Red Sox need. Packages including a deGrom, Wheeler, Syndegaard or Matz with a bad contract like Cano's or Familia's and lets burn this baby down. Build around Conforto, Alonso and McNeil. We're not getting anything of value for Rosario, Dom and Davis which isn't the worst thing. I want them around for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I said it a month ago. This is a 70-75 win team.

ANYBODY on the pitching staff should be available in a trade for top prospects. A bad team doesn't need Diaz or Lugo. They are valuable trade assets teams like the Red Sox need. Packages including a deGrom, Wheeler, Syndegaard or Matz with a bad contract like Cano's or Familia's and lets burn this baby down. Build around Conforto, Alonso and McNeil. We're not getting anything of value for Rosario, Dom and Davis which isn't the worst thing. I want them around for now.

Easy there Tiger,  take a deep breath, back away from the ledge...  "Let's burn this baby down"?  Do you really want that??  Things are not that dire. 

Yes we have a bad manager, bullpen, pitching coach, and the starters have been mostly mediocre, and worse.

  That being said, despite the spate of injuries, they have not been terrible offensively for the most part.  And yes, they have left 10+ wins on the field already this year. The players that you said, "we are not getting anything of value for", have been pretty good.  If you think that Rosario has no trade value, you are mistaken.  Dom too.  I agree with you, do not trade them, now, and Rosario, not for the foreseeable future.  You don't trade a young closer like Diaz, who is under control and not expensive, regardless.  All teams need a closer.

The rest of it, I'm in no mood to discuss right now... I am too angry and fed up.  We'll talk about this later.  Have a good one....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be very surprised if the they start selling until July, if at all.  They probably need to fall 10+ games back, and maybe fall to 4th place, before a fire sale might ensue.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

I'd be very surprised if the they start selling until July, if at all.  They probably need to fall 10+ games back, and maybe fall to 4th place, before a fire sale might ensue.

 

Only deals I would make right now would be:

-Wheeler to Padres (Mackenzie Gore)

-or Sundergaard to Padres (Gore,  Catcher Mejia +)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2019 at 10:40 AM, JiF said:

Crazy the contributions from players who werent on the roster opening day, already.

It was lovely seeing them get back to .500....but this road trip is brutal.  If they're somehow able to keep it around the .500 mark and get 3 wins, I'd be pretty happy with that...but I dont see a pretty outlook.  They could easily lose 4 of the next 6, if not lose the whole west coast trip. 

Welp, hate to say I told you so but this team is just trash and managed by imbecile.

The worst part?  The Phillies have lost 5 straight and the Mets are only 4.5 games back.  Which means, you can bet your bottom dollar they're not going to sell and try their damndest to make a run, retaining all their tradable assets and keeping Mickey on board for no reason! 

Go Mets!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JiF said:

Welp, hate to say I told you so but this team is just trash and managed by imbecile.

The worst part?  The Phillies have lost 5 straight and the Mets are only 4.5 games back.  Which means, you can bet your bottom dollar they're not going to sell and try their damndest to make a run, retaining all their tradable assets and keeping Mickey on board for no reason! 

Go Mets!!!

Really, who do the Mets sell on?

I would say Wheeler. Syndergaard? Maybe someone takes a flyer on Frazier. Lagares is not really valuable to anyone. 

Much of the rest of the roster is controllable by the Mets or not really a worthy piece for someone else to buy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...