PSA: PFF Is Not The Be-All, End-All Of Player Evaluation

PCP63

On 3/15/2019 at 11:33 AM, PCP63 said:

People treat them like they're perfect and can never be wrong. I like my numbers, I do, but I don't always trust a bunch of dudes in lab coats (with cheeto stains on the front) to tell me who's a good football player. 

Not saying they aren't a valuable resource. They are. But stop being lazy and just posting PFF grades to say why we should or shouldn't sign somebody. 

The Cheeto Stains called Hackenberg “undraftable” whereas you called him a “franchise QB.”

On 3/15/2019 at 8:40 AM, RoadFan said:

I hammered this point when PFF said Calvin Pryor was playing well in 2015.  The guy made a few tackles and forced a couple of fumbles.  Many didn't believe me when I kept saying he was terrible based on the eyeball test.  Sure enough he was basically out of football 2 years later.

PFF, in my opinion, has a very difficult time grading players in the secondary because of the inconsistencies with regards to the accuracy of the balls thrown against them and the variances of coverages players are asked to perform.   Trumaine Johnson another perfect example last season.  PFF says he was average.  Eyeball says he was atrocious.

they rated Lee so highly cos of that 1st 2 ingt, 1 td game....

2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

they rated Lee so highly cos of that 1st 2 ingt, 1 td game....

Lee played pretty well this past year. It can happen to even a bad player. It's just that Jets fans have built in hate for certain players (Lee and skrine) come to mind. 

Don't get me wrong, they aren't very good but even the best NFL teams are filled with average Players. If you asked Jets fans a guy like skrine would be out of the league the moment the Jets cut ties, instead he was pretty quickly scooped up by the bears. 

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Lee played pretty well this past year. It can happen to even a bad player. It's just that Jets fans have built in hate for certain players (Lee and skrine) come to mind. 

Don't get me wrong, they aren't very good but even the best NFL teams are filled with average Players. If you asked Jets fans a guy like skrine would be out of the league the moment the Jets cut ties, instead he was pretty quickly scooped up by the bears. 

Lee stinks, man. I dont hate him. I just want him off the team cos he is a weak spot that gets us gashed on the regular.

Archived