Ryan Tannehill traded to Titans

Patriot Killa

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That trade says a couple of things:

- TEN doesn't trust Mariota (which they shouldn't) to stay on the field or to take the
next step and give him an extension

- MIA is either going to trade for Rosen from ARZ or they are looking to move up and
draft one in April

Thank goodness we won't have to deal with Tannehill as a backup to Darnold

16 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Lol.  for 2019, the Dolphins trade down in order to unload Tannehill.  

okay  so there's a 4th in 2020. But it is a present draft trade down.  That's really really dumb. 

To get a 4th for f'n Ryan Tannehill no matter what year, is a pretty good accomplishment IMO. 

41 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

This is an awful  title. I thought Tyreke Hill was traded. 

My original title was going to be something about the Jets "dodging a bullet", then I thought some my take offense to that term in light of today's tragic events.

So I rushed to change the title in ongoing race to be "first" and since I didn't know how to spell Tannehill off the top of my head I came up with the first abbreviation I could think of.

Epic, buttfumble worthy, fail on my part.

9 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

My original title was going to be something about the Jets "dodging a bullet", then I thought some my take offense to that term in light of today's tragic events.

So I rushed to change the title in ongoing race to be "first" and since I didn't know how to spell Tannehill off the top of my head I came up with the first abbreviation I could think of.

Epic, buttfumble worthy, fail on my part.

Admitting that you have a problem is the 1st step to recovery! 

“He who is first shall be last and he who is the last shall be first”

53 minutes ago, Dcat said:

As for the Dolphags (sorry... remnant from adolescent days)

Ugh, man, that stuff stopped being acceptable years ago, even in jest.

53 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I guess we will be seeing a Bortlenose Dolphin under center.  Or maybe a Rosennose Dolphin. 

With that said, you make up for it here, Bortelnose Dolphin made me lol more than I expected.

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Admitting that you have a problem is the 1st step to recovery! 

“He who is first shall be last and he who is the last shall be first”

I, as one who is very quick to give out the coveted "buttfumble", will never take offense to being "buttfumbled" especially when I clearly deserve to be "buttfumbled".

15 minutes ago, Pac said:

I remember last month saying Tate would get the same contract as Quincy and Tannehill would get 5 to 7 mil a year as a backup and people couldn't stop telling me how stupid I was..  weird. @JiF

The first time you've ever been remotely close to right on anything and you do a victory dance?  Except, you're not exactly right considering you left out how's its an incentive based deal that could go up to 12 with playing time, which is very possible backing up an eggshell starter who he might just beat out for the job. 

You also predicted in that same thread that he'd sign with the Jets.

Gawd you are terrible at this. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

The first time you've ever been remotely close to right on anything and you do a victory dance?  Except, you're not exactly right considering you left out how's its an incentive based deal that could go up to 12 with playing time, which is very possible backing up an eggshell starter who he might just beat out for the job. 

You also predicted in that same thread that he'd sign with the Jets.

Gawd you are terrible at this. 

Tannehill won't beat out Mariota. 

Tannehill is hot garbage.

1 hour ago, dolphann4life said:

See you in 2020 fellas ?

297531EA-3724-4799-AA24-40BEB0FA1577.jpeg

All the cap room in the world won't help much if you don't have your QB.  And getting your QB either takes some luck or some epic awfulness.  I expect  them to be awful but will they be that awful?   Can you really tell a first year coach coming out of the Cheatriots organization to lose 15 games?

3 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

With Bridgewater and now Tannehill off the market signed as backups it puts even more pressure on teams like the Fins and Giants to address QB either by trade with AZ or via draft.  I like our spot at 3...

The Giants really sound like they are sticking with Eli, to me. 

I agree about the Fins, but their ownership is supposedly committed to a proper rebuild, so I think it depends on how much they really like Rosen. I'm not a big Rosen guy and think the Dolphins would better off drafting their own dude next year (in what is likely to be a better QB draft)

Archived