Kelechi Osemele to Sam Darnold: I’m Your New Bodyguard

stugotz81

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Its not fluff....i dont know anything about this guy but you can read between the lines and see hes a great friggin human being.

” Mr winters”? Lol might b my new fav jet

I don't care if he's "a great friggin human being".

And I don't care what he says.  I care about what he does.

I care if he blocks really, really well.  

Words are fluff, good fluff in this case, he said what he should say. 

But actions are what matters.

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Very cool.  Big or small role?

Tiny...lol. I played a security guard at the Miami Fountainbleu Hotel scene holding back a crowd. Coolest part was hanging out at the bar afterward with Mike Starr. Cool guy. Never even saw Costner or Houston, but saw some of the most amazing *** on the set that I have ever seen in my life.

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

I don't care if he's "a great friggin human being".

And I don't care what he says.  I care about what he does.

I care if he blocks really, really well.  

Words are fluff, good fluff in this case, he said what he should say. 

But actions are what matters.

What is your problem, dude? Seriously. Do you need Zoloft or something? Change your name to Eeyore FFS.

9 hours ago, nycdan said:

Fun fact.  The older members of this place probably know this but Chevy Chase was a drummer in a band at Bard College when he was a student there.  The band stayed together after school but Chevy chose to pursue comedy and acting.  A pretty good choice.  Of course the band did pretty well too.  Their name?  Steely Dan.

Haha, I was listening to Kid Charlemagne today. Steely Dan is awesome.

Not a fan of how they do business and they come off as pricks, but dig their music.

5 hours ago, King P said:

Haha, I was listening to Kid Charlemagne today. Steely Dan is awesome.

Not a fan of how they do business and they come off as pricks, but dig their music.

Love them too, but not so much live as they are a bit robotic.

15 hours ago, nycdan said:

Fun fact.  The older members of this place probably know this but Chevy Chase was a drummer in a band at Bard College when he was a student there.  The band stayed together after school but Chevy chose to pursue comedy and acting.  A pretty good choice.  Of course the band did pretty well too.  Their name?  Steely Dan.

Guy has a pair of brass balls. Not only then did he walk away from SNL after one year, in its hay day, but he walked away from Steely Dan?  Wow ? 

8 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

What is your problem, dude? Seriously. Do you need Zoloft or something? Change your name to Eeyore FFS.

Does this every free agency period, every year.  .  For some reason, likes to tell others who are genuinely excited about the acquisitions that he, himself is not.  Almost sounds bothered that so many others are excited and hopeful.  Just read last years' FA threads.  Same thing.  At least there is consistency.  And, IMO,  it is OK to be excited no matter what anyone here says to the contrary. Knock yourself out with excitement. After all, we have @Warfish here to keep our excitement and hopes in check and tempered.  Checks and balances for the board.  We need that guy to tailor all hopes into the cold reality of the NY Jets on behalf of all of us.

28 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Does this every free agency period, every year.  .  For some reason, likes to tell others who are genuinely excited about the acquisitions that he, himself is not.  Almost sounds bothered that so many others are excited and hopeful.  Just read last years' FA threads.  Same thing.  At least there is consistency.  And, IMO,  it is OK to be excited no matter what anyone here says to the contrary. Knock yourself out with excitement. After all, we have @Warfish here to keep our excitement and hopes in check and tempered.  Checks and balances for the board.  We need that guy to tailor all hopes into the cold reality of the NY Jets on behalf of all of us.

To be clear, I like the player and trade for him just fine.  He should be a major upgrade should he return to form, to a position I've been screaming about needing to fix for years now.

My issue here is specifically one of "oh, this guy said a thing, he must be a "great friggin human being" and because he said a thing he must be an amazing player!".  The reason this happens every year is silly fans do this every year.

What pro athletes say is mostly irrelevant, no matter what the twitter obsessed millennial crowd thinks.  It has no bearing on his play.  It's nice if he says the right things (and he DID say the right things) but it's fluff, it'll always be fluff, and no amount of homer objection will change it.  PLAY ON THE FIELD IS WHAT MATTERS.  

Second, no one here knows this player personally, and we sure as hell don't know he is a "great friggin human being".  How many Bill Cosby's does our society need to have before people finally stop projecting onto famous people and athletes?  Seriously, none of us know him, what he said doesn't make him a "great friggin human being" lol, nor is that what he was hired to be.  He was hired to block and protect Darnold and Bell.  That's what I want him to do and what I care about.  Words don't block pass rushers.

Look, it's not about trying to kill excitement, we all should be excited when our team tries to get better, and so far our team has on paper gotten much better.  But for crying out loud, the hyperbole is just ridiculous.  Half of you people really do deserve Fatcessa and the NEw Yawk media market, because you're JUST LIKE HIM.  Everything is taken to a massive over the top extreme and you're wrong 99% of the time when you do it.  Reel it in man, that's all I'm saying, stop being caricatures ffs and taking everything to the nth degree over a few fluff words in a first interview.

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

To be clear, I like the player and trade for him just fine.  He should be a major upgrade should he return to form, to a position I've been screaming about needing to fix for years now.

My issue here is specifically one of "oh, this guy said a thing, he must be a "great friggin human being" and because he said a thing he must be an amazing player!".  The reason this happens every year is silly fans do this every year.

What pro athletes say is mostly irrelevant, no matter what the twitter obsessed millennial crowd thinks.  It has no bearing on his play.  It's nice if he says the right things (and he DID say the right things) but it's fluff, it'll always be fluff, and no amount of homer objection will change it.  PLAY ON THE FIELD IS WHAT MATTERS.  

Second, no one here knows this player personally, and we sure as hell don't know he is a "great friggin human being".  How many Bill Cosby's does our society need to have before people finally stop projecting onto famous people and athletes?  Seriously, none of us know him, what he said doesn't make him a "great friggin human being" lol, nor is that what he was hired to be.  He was hired to block and protect Darnold and Bell.  That's what I want him to do and what I care about.  Words don't block pass rushers.

Look, it's not about trying to kill excitement, we all should be excited when our team tries to get better, and so far our team has on paper gotten much better.  But for crying out loud, the hyperbole is just ridiculous.  Half of you people really do deserve Fatcessa and the NEw Yawk media market, because you're JUST LIKE HIM.  Everything is taken to a massive over the top extreme and you're wrong 99% of the time when you do it.  Reel it in man, that's all I'm saying, stop being caricatures ffs and taking everything to the nth degree over a few fluff words in a first interview.

Fluff ^

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

you never disappoint.  and every year it really seems to disturb you that people are excited for free agency, hyperbole or not.  So what?  We are fans.  No harm.  Amazed that you don't see that.  

1 hour ago, Lizard King said:

Guy has a pair of brass balls. Not only then did he walk away from SNL after one year, in its hay day, but he walked away from Steely Dan?  Wow ? 

Well to be fair, they weren't really 'Steely Dan' at Bard.  But it was Becker, Fagan and Chase.  He went his own way, they stuck it out and a few years and band iterations later, formed Steely Dan (which was named after a dildo for another fun fact).  

1 hour ago, rldev said:

Love them too, but not so much live as they are a bit robotic.

I saw them at the Beacon on the last tour before Becker died.  I thought there were really good but there was a reason they never really toured when they were big in the 70s/80s.  Just wasn't their thing.  They loved the studio.  But damn if they didn't make some of the finest music ever written (IMO).  

29 minutes ago, Dcat said:

you never disappoint.  and every year it really seems to disturb you that people are excited for free agency, hyperbole or not.  So what?  We are fans.  No harm.  Amazed that you don't see that.  

/Shrug

Same way it really seems to disturb you that I don't always agree. 

After all, if you're so excited, what difference does what I think or say make?

17 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Yeeeeeaaaahhhh!!!! I love this guy already. I love the mindset he has of being his bodyguard.
He’s gonna be the jewel of the bunch!!

Let him tell Mr. Winters he’s been being a puss pie. Let’s see if that helps. I was really ugh on winters for a while. Maybe bringing an actual man to the group will be the turning point

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He is referencing the fact that he has been told that he will get along with winters because they both have nasty attitudes on the field 

48 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Then you should be KOs biggest fan 

Stop the act its old and tired 

10 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

Hard to make money in music these days.  Once upon a time, people actually paid for albums.

Yeah my nephew has 2 albums out, sold hundreds of copies lol

I purchased albums like dark side of the moon on vinyl, cassette, CD and mp3 

Haven't purchased music in years and years, not even streaming 

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

/Shrug

Same way it really seems to disturb you that I don't always agree. 

After all, if you're so excited, what difference does what I think or say make?

stop deflecting.  You  are an influential poster here who nearly all respect.  I've never understood why you do this every March regarding others' excitement about free agency and the draft.  It's like clockwork.  It really does seem to irk you that others are so optimistic.  This isn't about me. It's about my curiosity regarding your stance.  Note: curiosity.  I'm not bothered by it at all.  You choose for yourself what's to be excited about.  I'm excited about the trades/signings and draft.  Nothing will change that. 

59 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You must be fun at parties 

12 minutes ago, Larz said:

Yeah my nephew has 2 albums out, sold hundreds of copies lol

I purchased albums like dark side of the moon on vinyl, cassette, CD and mp3 

Haven't purchased music in years and years, not even streaming 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I don't get it. You're on a fan message board.  We come here to hang out and chat with other people who have taken a sports team way too seriously.  This is our little place to bug out on something that most other people don't care about do the degree we do. We root for a name and a color. It doesn't matter who the players are. We could switch out 100% of the guys for new guys every year. The group that wins more games will be our favorite. That's about it.  That's the whole deal here. 

What's really funny is when someone comes on a fan message board and gets bothered by people being fans of the team that the board is there to talk about.  Coming on a message board every day to discuss which millionaires will be paid to put on our team name is bad enough. lol Finding daily flaws, and being bothered by the other people's excitement about the team they are here to discuss, then berating those people for their excitement is borderline sad. 

Coming on a message board with the specific goal to piss in people's cornflakes is just mean spirited and I don't understand that mentality. 

Archived