Cowherd’s take on Bell to Jets

Patriot Killa

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And he is twisting Gettleman's nuts in a vice.

"The greatest mystery in sports is why are the New York Giants so paralyzed by Eli Manning? Cut him. You'd save $17 million. The last six years he's 38-57 and he has nothing left in the tank." —

"The Giants issue isn't losing Odell Beckham Jr. The Giants issue is they took a running back last year with the No. 2 pick and passed on a quarterback... If Sam Darnold was a New York Giant, Odell Beckham Jr. would still be a New York Giant." —

14 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I'm not.  since we got Darnold, I swear the guy has become a Jets homer!

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He’s been washing our balls since we drafted Darnold.

yeah... And he is a HUGE Mayfield hater.  Must have referenced the Mayfield 'resisting' arrest tape about a thousand times in ripping him unmercifully before the 2018 draft.  

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

I feel like it's because he hates Baker Mayfield. I can't take this guy seriously even though I like what he has to say here.

I’m not sure why this is some widespread belief. 

He has essentially the same opinion on Mayfield that I do as well as many others.

Darnold was the best QB in that class, Darnold will still be the better player longterm despite Mayfield’s strong rookie showing, Mayfield is an arrogant thin skinned douchebag, Wouldn’t have taken a 6’0 210 QB from an air-raid offense #1 overall.

Doesn’t mean that guys like me or Cowherd hate Mayfield and want to see him fall flat on his face. I think he’ll ultimately have a solid 8 years as a “good” starting QB in this league 

Me and Cowherd just happen to think that Darnold will be “great” for 15+.

This guy contradicts himself every day it seems. Before FA started he said that the Jets would be foolish to not want to pair Le'Veon with Sam, then a couple days ago he has a segment with all the worst recent franchises in the NFL (Jets included) and how they were overspending on players which wasn't a good strategy for long term success while somehow praising the Packers large spending, seemingly for the sole reason that they haven't been a bottom feeder team recently, as if that has anything to do with how successful their signings will be. 

Now he loves the deal? The dude is all about creating these strange narratives just to fill a segment so that he can garner as much attention as possible, I wouldn't take anything he says too seriously. Here's the video from two days ago. 

One day it's just about "assembling talent without building a team", the next day it's a "MAJOR MAJOR DEAL" and we are building the next version of the Rams, go figure. 

He’s embarrassing...slobbers over Sam (who doesn’t need his validation) and continually trashed Baker.  Guess it equals out to Cleveland fans and their obsession to continually trash Sam. Who cares which is better right now, as long as both are good or show promise? 

He got his comeuppance by Baker himself on Cowturds show.  I laughed so hard.

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

He has essentially the same opinion on Mayfield that I do as well as many others.

Darnold was the best QB in that class, Darnold will still be the better player longterm despite Mayfield’s strong rookie showing, Mayfield is an arrogant thin skinned douchebag, Wouldn’t have taken a 6’0 210 QB from an air-raid offense #1 overall.

Doesn’t mean that guys like me or Cowherd hate Mayfield and want to see him fall flat on his face. I think he’ll ultimately have a solid 8 years as a “good” starting QB in this league 

Cowherd doesn’t know Mayfield as a person, focuses on the arrest (how many college students do the same?), undervalued him as a player, based solely on his idea that QBs should be goodie-two-shoes.  He did have full access to Sam, from day one when he stepped foot on the USC campus - he didn’t have any access to Oklahoma, or hear daily what a good guy and leader he was.  So, he bases his hate on nothing but a few headlines.

Colin is the one that looks stupid, not Baker.

5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Cowherd has been so high on the jets recently after years of bashing us...freaks me out 

and it's funny, I felt the same with Francessa last couple of years as well.  Because OBJ was on giants, he was always bashing giants, and praising Jets.  this is why as a Jets fan / Giants hater I was not happy he got traded.  as Francessa said "now they can go back to...being...THE GIANTS"

oh God, I feel like I need a shower.  always said that team would win nothing with that a$$hole on their team.  sorry to see him go.  and now I'm sure Francessa will go back to Jet-bashing.

19 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Did you see the Cowher Mayfield interview?

26 minutes ago, nycdan said:

if the giants can pull off getting rosen for a 2nd rounder, and then draft a top OL & DL in the first round they will be in a pretty good spot. still need to rebuild the defense but that’s a complete OL with maybe the most dynamic young playmaker in the league plus a big TE and a reliable slot guy in tate

36 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Those quotes are spot on.  What do you think a guy like Belichick would have done.....a guy who gets rid of a player a year early rather than a year late?  Eli is an anchor on the franchise and his $17M in savings could have easily supported holding onto Beckham.  Objectively, if I was the Giants I would have cut Eli, traded a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Josh Rosen, kept OBJ, and still considered a guy like Haskins or Murray if they drop to me in this year's Draft without the pressure of having to move up to get one of them.

It's mind-boggling that the Giants traded a Top 3 WR in his prime and are holding onto a 63 year old anchor like Eli.

They will now continue to burn up Barkley's prime years and the pressure on him grows to "be the offense" for a team with an ancient QB and no OBJ.  By the time the Giants finally wake up and move on from Eli, get a young QB and suffer through a year or two of growing pains with the new QB, it will be time to pay Barkley a deal like Gurley and Le'Veon Bell sought.

I believe Cowherd is possibly the smartest sports guy on the air.  His sports analogies to real life are clever, entertaining, and something different.  Most of the other guys offer up the same tired cliches.   A waste of time to listen to...

Cowherd gives his opinions and doesn't hold back.  He isn't always right... nobody is.  But he presents them in a high IQ, original way.... and that is why I enjoy listening to him more than any other.

Oh yeah... and he is 100% right about Le'Veon Bell.  As good as people think he is, he is even better.

36 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

What in the world are you taking about?

Cowherd said over and over on the air "There is no place in the NFL for guys like Baker Mayfield".  He ripped him repeatedly and never acknowledged his abilities.   His broadcasts were outright character assassinations of Baker Mayfield.

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Those quotes are spot on.  What do you think a guy like Belichick would have done.....a guy who gets rid of a player a year early rather than a year late?  Eli is an anchor on the franchise and his $17M in savings could have easily supported holding onto Beckham.  Objectively, if I was the Giants I would have cut Eli, traded a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Josh Rosen, kept OBJ, and still considered a guy like Haskins or Murray if they drop to me in this year's Draft without the pressure of having to move up to get one of them.

It's mind-boggling that the Giants traded a Top 3 WR in his prime and are holding onto a 63 year old anchor like Eli.

They will now continue to burn up Barkley's prime years and the pressure on him grows to "be the offense" for a team with an ancient QB and no OBJ.  By the time the Giants finally wake up and move on from Eli, get a young QB and suffer through a year or two of growing pains with the new QB, it will be time to pay Barkley a deal like Gurley and Le'Veon Bell sought.

barkley is already like the 5th highest paid RB in the league 

35 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

You do realize we'll have a 22 year old QB and a 28 year old RB next year and we're thrilled about it right?

If I had to guess, I'd say the Giants will have a new QB well before Barkley turns 28.

41 minutes ago, Dcat said:

What in the world are you taking about?

Cowherd said over and over on the air "There is no place in the NFL for guys like Baker Mayfield".  He ripped him repeatedly and never acknowledged his abilities.   His broadcasts were outright character assassinations of Baker Mayfield.

He’s always acknowledged his abilities. From the start Cowherd has said that he doesn’t believe Mayfield will be a bust. He simply said you don’t take a 6’0 QB from a goofy offense who has tape of him drunkenly running from the cops, grabbing his dick and shouting f*ck you repeatedly at the opposing teams sideline, throwing a football at 2 TCU players, etc #1 overall.

And I’m right there with him

Mayfield absolutely surpassed my expectations as a rookie, no question there. But it’s undeniable that he’s an arrogant douche who is undersized at the position and has the potential to be a problem both on and off the field.

It’s been proven. It’s fact.

If he stays out of trouble and stays relatively healthy, I think he’s a Top 15 QB for around 8 years and is a fan favorite in Cleveland for an eternity. But there is absolutely an inherent danger with him.

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

He's on his rookie contract, so that's a lie. He's not even close, and he's probably the best.

Nice story though. Not true, but nice.

uh it’s called rookie scale dingus. nice try but know your facts before you try to talk

9 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

You do realize we'll have a 22 year old QB and a 28 year old RB next year and we're thrilled about it right?

If I had to guess, I'd say the Giants will have a new QB well before Barkley turns 28.

I do realize that.  But the Giants, who should have started the rebuild last year with Darnold decided to not only push it off last year but push it off again this year as well.  Unless they're willing to trade for Rosen or draft a guy (Murray, Haskins) and bench Eli to get one of those guys some experience then they're kicking the can down the road some more.

The difference between the Giants and Jets are that the Jets have the young QB and are ACQUIRING playmakers.  The Giants have an ancient QB and are TRADING AWAY playmakers in their prime.

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

He's on his rookie contract, so that's a lie. He's not even close, and he's probably the best.

Nice story though. Not true, but nice.

It’s possible. A #2 pick is no bargain which is why positional value and contract amount should be factors with a high 1st round pick. Not enough of a “discount” with certain positions like running back. Now im curious haha. 

Archived