Cowherd’s take on Bell to Jets

Patriot Killa

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/15/2019 at 3:34 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

I feel like it's because he hates Baker Mayfield. I can't take this guy seriously even though I like what he has to say here.

he does not hate Baker.  He just thinks he is a punk--my choice of words.  He also thinks Baker is talented but Sam's ceiling is higher.

On 3/15/2019 at 3:41 PM, Untouchable said:

I’m not sure why this is some widespread belief. 

He has essentially the same opinion on Mayfield that I do as well as many others.

Darnold was the best QB in that class, Darnold will still be the better player longterm despite Mayfield’s strong rookie showing, Mayfield is an arrogant thin skinned douchebag, Wouldn’t have taken a 6’0 210 QB from an air-raid offense #1 overall.

Doesn’t mean that guys like me or Cowherd hate Mayfield and want to see him fall flat on his face. I think he’ll ultimately have a solid 8 years as a “good” starting QB in this league 

Me and Cowherd just happen to think that Darnold will be “great” for 15+.

if he has a lot of talent around him he will look better than he is.  he is a very accurate thrower and seems to have toughness.

On 3/15/2019 at 3:24 PM, Patriot Killa said:

He’s been washing our balls since we drafted Darnold.

I watch him some.  He is wrong a lot but he gives decent reasons and is good natured when he is called out.  He has some interesting guests, though, and lets them talk.  I like Rob Parker and Nick Wright a lot

On 3/15/2019 at 3:34 PM, Warfish said:

We need Cowherd to validate a move?  Who cares what he has to say, we're all more than capable of evaluating a move without his "wisdom".

fact is, most of the people who comment on Sports are wrong half the time.  That is because you cannot twist sports square pegs into round holes, no matter how hard some people try,  People want a uniform system to explain.  It ain;t uniform, and they are often wrong.

3 hours ago, jack48 said:

fact is, most of the people who comment on Sports are wrong half the time.  That is because you cannot twist sports square pegs into round holes, no matter how hard some people try,  People want a uniform system to explain.  It ain;t uniform, and they are often wrong.

So are NFL GMs, coaches, scouts, (lets not forget, fans) and other shrills paid a ton of money to evaluate players for success.  

So much more involved than just talent, it’s the intangibles and surrounding cast...coaching staff.  

Rookie year performance means squat, especially QBs.

Archived