Trades

Osemele: $10,200,000

Releases

Crowell: -$3,000,000

Official Remaining Cap Space: $44,518,165

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about the in house players we are resigning?.

CB Roberts 3 years 18M is ~6M a year, what that doesn't count against the cap? This is not the NBA with soft caps when signing your own players.  

We also resigned C Harrison, though that was before anything occurred with FA, so it may have been factored in already. But, we resigned LB Hewitt as well. These will add up and should be factored in. 

16 minutes ago, choon328 said:

After Osemele trade the Jets cap space was just under $75,000,000 according to https://overthecap.com/calculator/new-york-jets/

Signings

Mosley: $13,000,000

Poole: $2,000,000

Bell: $8,500,000

Crowder: $7,000,000

Anderson: $8,500,000 (Not Official)

Bellamy: $2,500,000 (Not Official)

Catanzaro: Unknown

McClendon: $2,500,000

Releases

Unofficial Remaining Cap Space: $34,000,000

After the details of the Anderson, Bellamy and Catanzaro contract become available I'll update this. I'd expect the Jets to have more cap space than I currently have projected.

Might want to recheck that as the $75M cap room on overthecap.com already includes players like Bell ($8.5), Osemele ($10.2M), Bellamy ($1.84M)

2 minutes ago, nyjbuddy said:

Might want to recheck that as the $75M cap room on overthecap.com already includes players like Bell ($8.5), Osemele ($10.2M), Bellamy ($1.84M)

Good call. I'll adjust it. Thanks

21 minutes ago, choon328 said:

After Osemele trade the Jets cap space was just under $75,000,000 according to https://overthecap.com/calculator/new-york-jets/

Signings

Mosley: $13,000,000

Poole: $2,000,000

Bell: $8,500,000

Crowder: $7,000,000

Anderson: $8,500,000 (Not Official)

Bellamy: $2,500,000 (Not Official)

Catanzaro: Unknown

McClendon: $2,500,000

Releases

Unofficial Remaining Cap Space: $34,000,000

After the details of the Anderson, Bellamy and Catanzaro contract become available I'll update this. I'd expect the Jets to have more cap space than I currently have projected.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/cap/

I have a different result... taking out 9M for Rookie contracts the remainder ends up 17M... I doublechecked the numbers... with the same result... 

Might be closer to $42 without the Chandler Catanzaro, Darryl Roberts ($4.5M) and Jonotthan Harrison (~$3M). 

Actually, the original $34M is pretty spot on.  Including the above signings, cap should be estimated around $31.5M - $32.5M (assuming Catanzaro cap hit around $2M-$3M)

9 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/cap/

I have a different result... taking out 9M for Rookie contracts the remainder ends up 17M... I doublechecked the numbers... with the same result... 

Spotrac has them at $73 million, Over the Cap has them at $75 million in cap space after the Osemele trade, Bell and Bellamy signings. The guys we signed and cut are listed above with their actual cap hits for 2019 (except for Anderson, Roberts, Harrison and Catanzaro) not their average annual salary. That's how I got that number.

We have about 60 players signed right now.  With 6 draft picks and, say, 12 UDFA signings, we still need to sign about 12 veteran free agents.  They don't all have to be superstars, of course.  

If we spent, say, an average of $1.5 million on each of the 12, that's $18 million - probably a little higher than what we will actually spend, but a rough estimate 

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

We have about 60 players signed right now.  With 6 draft picks and, say, 12 UDFA signings, we still need to sign about 12 veteran free agents.  They don't all have to be superstars, of course.  

If we spent, say, an average of $1.5 million on each of the 12, that's $18 million - probably a little higher than what we will actually spend, but a rough estimate 

The only people who count towards the salary cap are the highest paid 53 players. The other 37 lowest paid players on the 90 man roster do not count against the cap ever unless they make the final 53.

For some reason people keep thinking that the entire 90 man camp roster has to fit under the salary cap. That's not the case.

10 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The only people who count towards the salary cap are the highest paid 53 players. The other 37 lowest paid players on the 90 man roster do not count against the cap ever unless they make the final 53.

For some reason people keep thinking that the entire 90 man camp roster has to fit under the salary cap. That's not the case.

GREAT point

19 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I did NOT know that! 

12 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

I'm assuming some of that money will go to a new contract for Leonard Williams at some point.

I really do not feel comfortable extending Williams without seeing him play under Williams. As the 6th overall pick, has he truly lived up to the expectations? I don’t think so. 

How’s our cap dollars looking for next year? 

So if the Jets have roughly $45 million dollars in cap space left and there isn’t one player on the current roster you’d even consider extending with that cap space, and there aren’t any free agents worth anything more than tiny, one-year deals, can someone explain how Mike Maccagnan gets to keep his job into next week?

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

So if the Jets have roughly $45 million dollars in cap space left and there isn’t one player on the current roster you’d even consider extending with that cap space, and there aren’t any free agents worth anything more than tiny, one-year deals, can someone explain how Mike Maccagnan gets to keep his job into next week?

Because only an idiot or a fan would fire their GM this time of year.

9 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I really do not feel comfortable extending Williams without seeing him play under Williams. As the 6th overall pick, has he truly lived up to the expectations? I don’t think so. 

I agree. I hope he excels under Williams defense. I would defer any Leo extension talk till after the season.

21 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I look at it from this lens.  At this time you can extend for less $.  If you look at the addition of Defensive Coordinator Williams track record he should be able to use Leo in a more successful game plan.  Again this is speculation but the addition of Mosley and possible pass rusher in Bosa would take the double team off of Leo and give him more opportunity to beat his guy or you can wait until next year and he costs you more.

32 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I agree on Williams.

Spotrac has us at $62 mil for next season, but without Anderson and Roberts.  So probably somewhere around $50 mil.  Draft class and other signings will probably take us to $35 - $40 for next season.  But so much can still change, so its hard to project.

41 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I agree. I hope he excels under Williams defense. I would defer any Leo extension talk till after the season.

No doubt. If he's admitted to being out of shape multiple years, what will be look like with a huge extension? 

Archived