For those who complain about current management

JetsFanatic

I believe that change is occurring, but we will really not know how things are going until they draft again.  

We thought Mac was smart trading up for Darnold, but then he used his next draft pick on Shepherd.  I think this is the year that the jury is out on that, although having to sign Anderson for $10mm is not a great sign.  

I wish them luck.  

That interview was about as idiotic and disrespectful as it gets. I think gutman, for all of his warts, handled that well. How many times can he be asked the exact same question?

All this video did was let me know that sports press have always been tools. It’s not worse than ever like I thought. Thanks man. This vid helped me out today :-)

I had season tix all throughout coslett/Caroll/Kotite. What fun that was.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

26 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

....watch this clip from December 1996.  The Jets were 1-11 and this is an interview with then team president Steve Gutman.

In 1996 he called us "long suffering jets fans" .. little did he know

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

That interview was about as idiotic and disrespectful as it gets. I think gutman, for all of his warts, handled that well. How many times can he be asked the exact same question?

All this video did was let me know that sports press have always been tools. It’s not worse than ever like I thought. Thanks man. This vid helped me out today :-)

I had season tix all throughout coslett/Caroll/Kotite. What fun that was.

This was right before I became a Jets fan. So I can’t relate to how Jets fan felt about the team at that time. But that reporter was embarrassing. That exec handled it as best as anyone could.

I would have shoved that mic up his nostril and out his ear.

This was right before I became a Jets fan. So I can’t relate to how Jets fan felt about the team at that time. But that reporter was embarrassing. That exec handled it as best as anyone could.
I would have shoved that mic up his nostril and out his ear.

It was the worst of times, it was the worst of times.

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

....watch this clip from December 1996.  The Jets were 1-11 and this is an interview with then team president Steve Gutman.

Download video

I couldn't even finish this video...2 minutes was enough. 

Poor Mac...he gets abused like a punching bag to relieve frustrations of several decades of bad ownership that lead to bad FO's. 

A billionaire...Hess certainly was a successful businessman, but was a clueless owner. He was never truly engaged in the sport. For him...the Jets were more of a trophy toy for amusement Thus... gutless Gutman and clueless Kotite. 

Thank god fan outrage and media shaming forced Hess to fire deez and  doez Kotite. And put the team in the hands of Parcels.      

When Hess died Woody took over. He was actually interested in making the Jets Super Bowl champs.  Sure he made mistakes but he cared about winning.  He was engaged.  And Chris...the other half of this Johnson &  Johnson ownership seems a little bit more instinctive in grasping the pulse of the sport. I think it's going to lead to something.  

I just get a  feeling that Chris...Mac...Gase...Williams...FQB Darnold...Le'Veon-Jamal Adams, are going to break through bad Karma and bring the NYJ a Lombardi Trophy.  

For those of you old timers, who have lived through decades of clueless ineptitude...Just Hang On Baby...its coming::GoJets::cheers:

Unfortunately, I suppose, I go way back as a fan.

My first distinct Jet memory is seeing Namath in a meaningless preseason game tear his knee up trying to tackle a Detroit Lion player and getting low-blocked by Mike Lucci on the return. So I suppose I've endured my share. Between them and the Knicks, it's a wonder I have a liver and any brain cells left. Or maybe  the better explanation is the brain cells were never there ...

24 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

Unfortunately, I suppose, I go way back as a fan.

My first distinct Jet memory is seeing Namath in a meaningless preseason game tear his knee up trying to tackle a Detroit Lion player and getting low-blocked by Mike Lucci on the return. So I suppose I've endured my share. Between them and the Knicks, it's a wonder I have a liver and any brain cells left. Or maybe  the better explanation is the brain cells were never there ...

I hear ya.  

Knicks Dolan is the poster boy for scumbag sports ownership. He recently banned a fan from MSG for asking him to sell the team.  He gulaged the guy...who's probably paying $150 bucks a game and $100 for beer!  Every fan in MSG should be chanting "Dolan sucks...sell the team" whenever he shows up.

As for our NYJ...hold on to your liver...fight off dimentia...don't die yet.  A Lombardi Trophy is a coming in the Darnold-Le'Veon-Adams Era.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Gutman was awful, but it should be pointed out that we currently have no Team President and literally no one is in charge. 

You besmirch our President, Neil Glat!! Another corporate tool who knows nothing about football. So we got that going for us. 

7 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

You besmirch our President, Neil Glat!! Another corporate tool who knows nothing about football. So we got that going for us. 

The difference is back during the Kotite years there was no GM, Gutman dealt directly with the HC and dabbled in the football operation. Glat is purely on the business side of the operation.

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Gutman was awful, but it should be pointed out that we currently have no Team President and literally no one is in charge. 

Neil Glat is an American businessman and sports executive who is the president of the New York Jets of the National Football League. He graduated from Wharton School of Business and Harvard Law School.

Seems smart 

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Wow for such a high level troll I expected you to at least know who Neil Glat is... Maybe even a joke or two?

Just now, ECURB said:

Wow for such a high level troll I expected you to at least know who Neil Glat is... Maybe even a joke or two?

Neil Glat was hired specifically to get the West Side Stadium project secured and he failed at that in embarrassing fashion. Other than that, we can only assume he’s the guy who decides to charge $6 for pretzels.

Gutman was a clueless fool, and combined with Kensil, they became lackeys to the league in trying the best to be a model franchise in terms of having model players and minimal league distractions. 

But this interview is a joke as it is an attack that Page knew was not going to get any answers, and he knew that going in. He was just looking to muckrake. Imagine T)m Shane doing an interview. Spicy but without substance.

Luckily, I was bartending in Banff, Alberta at the Banff Springs Hotel during those years, so for most of the 1990's I was drunk.  But man, do I still have some memories about that horrible football decade.  I remember getting really excited when we beat the Cardinals and assured us we would NOT go down in infamy losing all 16 games and then thinking "man, this is really sad.  Wouldn't it be great to cheer for a team that actually wins on a regular basis?"

Archived