If You Could Sign Any Player In NFL History (Not QB)

New York Mick

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Love Ronnie Lott, had a field pass years ago for a USC game, got to stand by Ronnie Lott, Willie McGinest and Marcus Allen - they wanted to make sure I could see, but remain safe.  

#55 is the one for me though, loved watching Junior Seau play.  

Standing with those three guys, was your safety ever in doubt?!  I mean yeah, Lori Loughlin's daughter might have been prowling around I guess :)

10 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Love Ronnie Lott, had a field pass years ago for a USC game, got to stand by Ronnie Lott, Willie McGinest and Marcus Allen - they wanted to make sure I could see, but remain safe.  

7585551E-9126-4F01-8D16-37A4FD781F8A.jpeg

I met Ronnie Lott at a Super Bowl event once. He’s definitely got the crazy eye, but he’s one of those dudes where you feel like you’re in the presence of greatness. 

9 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Standing with those three guys, was your safety ever in doubt?!  I mean yeah, Lori Loughlin's daughter might have been prowling around I guess :)

Ugh, please....I’m here to escape that sh*t show!  What a disgrace, on top of all the others. ?

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I met Ronnie Lott at a Super Bowl event once. He’s definitely got the crazy eye, but he’s one of those dudes where you feel like you’re in the presence of greatness. 

Anthony Munoz, on the other hand, is a big cuddly teddy bear.  Sweetest guy ever, much like Troy Polamalu off the field.  

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I'm sure Ronnie felt the same way..LOL

11 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

For Rice and LT fans Rice went to the 49'ers with the 16th pick in the first rd we took Toon at 10 so would could have had him.. LT on the other had went to the Giants with pick 2 we took Freeman with pick 3 so that was not to be..:wacko:

Bill Walsh had Toon and Rice rated about the same, he just wanted one of them.

That's the difference between Walsh and Montana/Young vs Nose Picker Joe and Kenny O

18 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Bill Walsh had Toon and Rice rated about the same, he just wanted one of them.

That's the difference between Walsh and Montana/Young vs Nose Picker Joe and Kenny O

Nose picker Joe and Kenny O, sounds like the start of a sad song..:beer:

3 hours ago, ljr said:

Interesting , no love for greatest WR in NFL history on a team with no #1 WR in a league 1000% more passing oriented than it was in his era, to help our young budding star (hopefully) QB achieve his rightful pinnacle on Mount Olympus 

Jerry Rice

As great as Rice was, as much as I would pick him near the top for my team a WR is nothing without a QB.  He needs someone else to throw to him to get the job done.  

Thats why I took someone like Brown and would take LT as my second pick

1 hour ago, HelenOfTroy said:

7585551E-9126-4F01-8D16-37A4FD781F8A.jpeg

Thats awesome!

21 minutes ago, freestater said:

Ronnie Lott? A safety? To help Sam?

I knew Macc posted on this board...?

I wasn't thinking about Sam. i was thinking about my own selfish needs. LOL   If I had to pick Sam a player I would pick either Michael Irvin or Megatron.

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Thats awesome!

It’s fun, ordinary folks like me have lots of opportunities to interact with former and current players.  Their football alumni club was founded in 1956, they felt the players and fans benefit by the accessibility to each other by starting several traditions and events that bring the players and fans together.  

Sadly I (and thousands of other USC fans) spoke to Junior Seau a few weeks before he passed away.  

Haunting, heartbreaking and shocking for us, for a long time.

This is hard!... I'd have to pick from Mean Joe Greene, Rice,  Ray Lewis, Walter Payton or Jim Brown..., LT of course... Maybe Reggie White or Deacon Jones.

Uff this is hard... But I think I'll go with Joe Greene... 

Dude was a terror. I think QBs were downright afraid of him. He probably couldn't play today. Watch some clips. Sometimes he just slaps QBs in the head after the play, heh. 

But one reason I like him is because he made that whole Steelers line better. He's THE reason the Steel Curtain became a thing in my mind. He helped make that entire line play like pro bowlers... And if I have to pick one guy here it's going to be someone who makes everyone around him better.

Image result for mean joe greene hit

Jim Brown, Jerry Rice and Lawrence Taylor in that order. 

Jim Brown was the most dominant player during his time that this league has ever seen. 

Jerry Rice's production and longevity was a big factor in winning three Super Bowls, for the 49ers.  There has never been a more consistent, dominant and durable receiver to play the game.. 

Lawrence Taylor was the biggest game changing defensive player ever.  There has never been a more disruptive force like him, before or after. Virtually unblockable.  Would have loved to see him play the game without the drugs, he would have been even more special, I imagine.

Archived