Is Mark Sanchez a viable option for Backup QB?

FlightBoyz

I was just looking at this unimpressive list of remaining Free Agent QBs and the Sanchize is sitting there with the likes of Osweiler, Geno, Bradford & McCarron. I know he blows but if your going the mentor route for Sammy than don't you think Sanchez is a capable guy to have as a backup? 

xyaug1i882ke3vel0dzg.jpeg

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are suddenly a contending team, I have expectations of 10-6.  To get there we may have to survive a few weeks with an injured quarterback, and if that happens we don't need some mentor, we need a legit player who can go in cold and win a few games.

That's not Mark Sanchez.

SAR I

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We are suddenly a contending team, I have expectations of 10-6.  To get there we may have to survive a few weeks with an injured quarterback, and if that happens we don't need some mentor, we need a legit player who can go in cold and win a few games.

That's not Mark Sanchez.

SAR I

Only argument that makes sense, and considering the source, that's significant.

39 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

I was just looking at this unimpressive list of remaining Free Agent QBs and the Sanchize is sitting there with the likes of Osweiler, Geno, Bradford & McCarron. I know he blows but if your going the mentor route for Sammy than don't you think Sanchez is a capable guy to have as a backup? 

That Sanchez could be pulling down a check after about 10 years spoke to how bad QB prospects were coming up prior to last year.

I remember his first few pass attempts in Houston, I call a buddy of mine and say, I think for reassurance and hope that the next 5 years are not about to be wasted, like I knew they would be almost at once..."He looks kind of small back there in the pocket, right?  They got him listed at 6'2", I don't know about that.  His arm, you think his arm is strong enough?"

What a f**kin disaster, that I felt in my gut from jump street...also the fact that he could be kind of a poser, like some wannabe Joe Namath WITHOUT 1% of the talent was infuriating, but then I learned he's actually a good guy looks out for kids in hospitals.

Good for him, he hit the lottery with the last big rookie contracts, but leave the QBing to someone who can hopefully be average at the highest level, and that wasn't him.

56 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

+Repping purely for the comedy value.

Archived