Patriot Killa

Giants wanted 49ers 2nd overall pick for OBJ

does this mean the Giants want Haskins even though they refuse to release or move on from Eli?

• Upvote 1

no, all it means is they wanted the best pick they can get for OBJ.

• Upvote 4

It means they wsnted to try and get the best value they could for a guy they didn’t want around. They did ok though. The talent of the player aside, a first, 3rd and peppers is not too shabby.

I’d say if they had the #2 pick they would consider Haskins there.

I would love their 2 firsts for #3.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

Did they even contact us for the 3rd pick? As much as I hate the Giants, there is no rivalry with them. It’s all about business and making your team better. Not reaching out to us is just plain stupid.

• Upvote 3

As much as the Giants make me sick, I would hold my nose and gladly take the #6 and #17 picks for our #3.  Business is business.  I'm sure the 49ers laughed at the Giants "proposal" of  Osmell  for the #2 pick.  They rightly should have.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

As much as the Giants make me sick, I would hold my nose and gladly take the #6 and #17 picks for our #3.  Business is business.  I'm sure the 49ers laughed at the Giants "proposal" of  Osmell  for the #2 pick.  They rightly should have.

Agreed, what helps us is if the Giants have a bad relationship with the 49ers, they can’t move up to #2. The 49ers take Bosa at 2, the Giants pay us for Haskins. There are other teams in play for the trade up, but the Giants have the ammo now.

• Upvote 1

I can't imagine any way the Giants don't draft a QB, it would be crazy and would set their fanbase on fire. 

Whether they trade up for it is another question. What other packages, aside from both firsts, would you take? A first, a second and a second next year? So slightly less than what we gave for Darnold? 

Some of their fans still want them to do right by Eli. His made more money in his career than his brother. They’ve done plenty right by him. It’s hard to understand as an outsider. 

The Mets traded Tom Seaver. The Yankees let Reggie leave as a FA. Two slam dunk, first ballot HOF guys  who were 100x the icons in New York than Eli is or ever will be.Eli doesn’t even deserve to be in the same sentence as those guys. Unfortunately, after the fiasco two years ago,Mara probably made it very clear to Gettleman that Eli is off limits. He is here for the duration. 

17 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

does this mean the Giants want Haskins even though they refuse to release or move on from Eli?

49ers should have done it... They need wr so bad. 

Plus OBJs contact is 20 million less for the team that gets him

5 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

49ers should have done it... They need wr so bad. 

They can easy move back into the top of the 1st round and snag one. #2 overall is to high for that head case.

You think they Giants would have let him go if he was not a fruit loop?

• Butt Fumble 1

10 hours ago, prime21 said:

Did they even contact us for the 3rd pick? As much as I hate the Giants, there is no rivalry with them. It’s all about business and making your team better. Not reaching out to us is just plain stupid.

That would have been a horrible trade, though.

Just curious on your thoughts,. If  Giants offered their first 1st round pick (#6) and their 2nd rounder and their first of their 3rd rounders plus an additional late round pick, in exchange for our #3 pick, would that be enough for us to move down 3 spots?

Wow, shocking news.  Never, ever would have guessed that they might have asked for a teams 1st for maybe the leagues best WR.  Who they drafted with a first.

38 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

They can easy move back into the top of the 1st round and snag one. #2 overall is to high for that head case.

You think they Giants would have let him go if he was not a fruit loop?

Yes, he is passionate... But he was traded because he didn't want to play with Eli and publicly criticized him numerous times. And there are many in the building that feel he sat out the last 2 games when he could have played... They could have dealt with his headaches.... Hence why they signed him to a long term extension. 

Plus look at how much browns gave up for him... They got a pretty big haul for a wr

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Wow, shocking news.  Never, ever would have guessed that they might have asked for a teams 1st for maybe the leagues best WR.  Who they drafted with a first.

Exactly... And they got a 1st plus a 3rd plus a switched pick and a starting safety 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Now Dave Gettleman will have to give the Jets both their first round picks to move up to 3 should they want a quarterback they're afraid someone else is going to leap frog them for. Thanks again Giants. 

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Now Dave Gettleman will have to give the Jets both their first round picks to move up to 3 should they want a quarterback they're afraid someone else is going to leap frog them for. Thanks again Giants. 

Don’t believe you will see any movement til draft day unless it’s to #1. So many scenarios of who will be available makes moving early a bigger gamble than last year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Yes, he is passionate... But he was traded because he didn't want to play with Eli and publicly criticized him numerous times. And there are many in the building that feel he sat out the last 2 games when he could have played... They could have dealt with his headaches.... Hence why they signed him to a long term extension. 

Plus look at how much browns gave up for him... They got a pretty big haul for a wr

If I were a Giant fan I would be very happy with the trade.

50 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

Just curious on your thoughts,. If  Giants offered their first 1st round pick (#6) and their 2nd rounder and their first of their 3rd rounders plus an additional late round pick, in exchange for our #3 pick, would that be enough for us to move down 3 spots?

I'd do it because I'm desperate to get more picks. I'm sure that the bidding for our #3 would go slightly higher.

If you check out the Giants forums, their fans don’t want Haskins, the preference there is Murray/Rosen. They know the odds of getting KM are slim, and are ok with Rosen. They’re pretty much resigned to another year of Eli, and building the D and OL with all the draft picks they have

I think the talk of trading picks with the Giants is futile. It’s not going to happen, they have no interest in our pick. They either work a deal with Arizona, stay where they are, or look to move down.

1 hour ago, Bocajetfan said:

Don’t believe you will see any movement til draft day unless it’s to #1. So many scenarios of who will be available makes moving early a bigger gamble than last year.

You're probably right, we won't see anything early, but the groundwork for a trade down will be laid before day one of the draft, and when Kyler Murray falls to 3 a world of possible trade downs open up for Maccagnan.

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

You're probably right, we won't see anything early, but the groundwork for a trade down will be laid before day one of the draft, and when Kyler Murray falls to 3 a world of possible trade downs open up for Maccagnan.

Yes so many possible scenarios. No one will be putting out anything early about trades or groundwork so we are left to speculation. Hope the Jets can trade back but we may not hear anything till 15 seconds left on the clock. My guess only

• Upvote 1