So Confident this year is the SEA CHANGE....

32EBoozer

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

I’m going to actually get SUNDAY TICKET. No sense these last 6 years, just a waste of money. 

Cant wait for the Sunday Ticket pricing thread to learn the best way to secure a decent price.

Dumped mine.  After AT&T took over DirecTV, those freebies became harder to get, unless you are a new subscriber (for which they will give you everything plus a Bob Kraft Spa visit if you join)

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Dumped mine.  After AT&T took over DirecTV, those freebies became harder to get, unless you are a new subscriber (for which they will give you everything plus a Bob Kraft Spa visit if you join)

AT&T is the absolute worst company too deal with. I was a customer of DirecTV for almost twenty years and AT&T ruined it. I eventually cancelled my service because they could never get my bill correct and I was sick of fighting 2-3 hours every single month .

They sent me a notice stating I owed them money which is impossible since they bill one month in advance. They also could never produce their final bill since they shut my online login off. They sent it to collections, I fought it and won. Then they sent it to different collection agency. Truly the scum of the earth and they'll never see another penny from me.

34 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Get the firestick and get every game for free. Can't believe people are still paying for cable in 2019.

We pay Comcast for the internet service which is $109/mo. Might as well get the Cable TV service for an extra $25

9 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

We pay Comcast for the internet service which is $109/mo. Might as well get the Cable TV service for an extra $25

Holy s***, I pay $10 a month. Get the internet package in someone elses name to qualify for the new promotions. I'm looking at it right now and there's 100 mbps ($39.99) and 150 mbps ($59.99). With the money you'll save buy your own modem/router ($80-150) instead of renting for $10-12 per month. 

Buy as many firestick to match the quantity of TVs. With the firestick programmed you'll get all the NBA, NHL, NFL games available. All the movies along with live TV. 

6 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Holy s***, I pay $10 a month. Get the internet package in someone elses name to qualify for the new promotions. I'm looking at it right now and there's 100 mbps ($39.99) and 150 mbps ($59.99). With the money you'll save buy your own modem/router ($80-150) instead of renting for $10-12 per month. 

Buy as many firestick to match the quantity of TVs. With the firestick programmed you'll get all the NBA, NHL, NFL games available. All the movies along with live TV. 

Thanks 

7 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

I have a firestick and don’t get any games??

3 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

That's like saying I have a wife but don't get cookies. I'll definitely put you guys on.

I have Comcast cable/internet and DTV in the man cave only for the Jets. I couldn’t get the Jets games on the firestick. Do you need to purchase them or something?

11 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I have Comcast cable/internet and DTV in the man cave only for the Jets. I couldn’t get the Jets games on the firestick. Do you need to purchase them or something?

You just have to program (not jail break) them. The way to process it comes out every year, week 1 of the preseason. Right now I'm flipping back and forth through two NBA games for fantasy purposes. Come August just remember the guy who wanted to select the Josh Allen's of the past two drafts and I have no problem sharing what to do. As many people have it in their personal play store but not all are high quality.

Meh....not to pull a SAR I here....but it's no longer worth the trouble for me to waste time and haggle over the $300.

I have better things to do with my time, like come on this board and argue incessantly about whether or not we can get a center in the 3rd round or if the new unis will have a black alternate.

I've been a Direct TV/Sunday Ticket subscriber since 1997......it's like a bad marriage but the convenience is worth more than the hassle of breaking it up.

Just take my money and let me turn on channel 710 for the Jets game every Sunday and I'll be happy.

19 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

You just have to program (not jail break) them. The way to process it comes out every year, week 1 of the preseason. Right now I'm flipping back and forth through two NBA games for fantasy purposes. Come August just remember the guy who wanted to select the Josh Allen's of the past two drafts and I have no problem sharing what to do. As many people have it in their personal play store but not all are high quality.

Yea I haven't had cable in a few years which is pretty awesome. The only thing I really watched on tv was sports so cutting the cord was easy.

Which program do you use on the firestick? Does it run off Kodi? I have a few apps that work great for movies and TV series, but not so much for sports. I usually end up streaming nba, ufc or nfl through Reddit which has never let me down. But if there is a good app that I could use that would be easier. Let me know

2 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Get the firestick and get every game for free. Can't believe people are still paying for cable in 2019.

I dont understand why people pay anymore........I see every game in hd on reddit every year, cast to my TV crystal clear. 

3 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

When you say fire stick are you talking about a specific device? I have Roku and the NFL channel comes with the NFL sunday ticket. $10.00  a month  I believe. Is that what you mean? 

2 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

pm me if you need a link to watch the games online for free...this is too easy

You get so much spam and you have to keep finding new streams because the NFL and Google shutdown the streams as they find them. No thanks!

You get so much spam and you have to keep finding new streams because the NFL and Google shutdown the streams as they find them. No thanks!
I never get spam and just click one link to open and watch the game. I have used it for 3 years running now....but I have a pop up and add blocker on my browser so that might be why I never see any of that stuff.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

5 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Meh....not to pull a SAR I here....but it's no longer worth the trouble for me to waste time and haggle over the $300.

I have better things to do with my time, like come on this board and argue incessantly about whether or not we can get a center in the 3rd round or if the new unis will have a black alternate.

I've been a Direct TV/Sunday Ticket subscriber since 1997......it's like a bad marriage but the convenience is worth more than the hassle of breaking it up.

Just take my money and let me turn on channel 710 for the Jets game every Sunday and I'll be happy.

Do you drive a 1995 BMW 3 series too?! 

I cancelled my directv about a month ago. I bought myself a fire stick and signed up for Area 51. I literally pay $7 per month and get absolutely every NFL, NBA, MLB game I want. I also get HBO, Cinemax, and even the naked girl channels. 

One thing I recommenced is to increase the internet speed. 

8 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I’m going to actually get SUNDAY TICKET. No sense these last 6 years, just a waste of money. 

Cant wait for the Sunday Ticket pricing thread to learn the best way to secure a decent price.

Get direct TV. Call in with problem, I didn't say add HBO, or my picutee is out, or they said I was going to have a free install etc, have fun with it. I have been doing it for 7 free Sunday tickets so far. Only one time did I have to actually go through with this next part.

After complaint grow frustrated. Then ask to talk to the people to disconnect service. Loyalty department think??? Anyway they will ask how to keep you. You say well I would like to try that free Sunday ticket.

Boom enjoy sunday ticket.

I disconnected once. Then they called me after asking why I was disconnecting. I told them they wouldn't give me the ticket for free like I was promised .

So they reconnected me and gave me the ticket. That one was dicey. It was week 2 by then.

Anyway one thing you want to make sure to ask for is...the red zone package. It's like a step up over basic Sunday ticket.

Also one tip, and this sounds bad but you have to call in with the complaint randomly hoping to get an operator that obviously doesn't care about his job and will just say sure I'll give you ticket. If they don't care then it's like automatic, some people really don't care and are like whatever. That is best case scenario and sometimes you get that before they transfer you to loyalty department.

Yeah so best of luck on the freebie. I already have them agreed to give me now the 8th Sunday ticket in a row free 

9 hours ago, Dcat said:

I didn't have a problem. I actually get my internet now through them with a nice extra 20 buck off because they combine the bills. 30 bucks for internet. 

7 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

I have fire stick how does that give me nfl games???

I see no earthly reason to be so overly optimistic? They're an improved team imo, but I don't think nearly enough. This roster was way more talent depleted than people are realizing imo. They still have a very long way to go.

16 hours ago, Dcat said:

ATT is brutal.  Worse than dealing with the Mafia imo.   If you do a deal with them , document everything and save any incentive offer you’re given because they make offers and then reneg and over charge.   I’m speaking from personal experience after 24 yrs as a Direct TV customer

2 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

ATT is brutal.  Worse than dealing with the Mafia imo.   If you do a deal with them , document everything and save any incentive offer you’re given because they make offers and then renew and over charge.   I’m speaking from personal experience after 24 yrs as a Direct TV customer

Same nonsense you go through with any and every cable provider.  I've had Comcast, Cablevision, Time Warner, Direct TV, FIOS, Dish Network and probably am missing a few.   

I've spent too much of my time straightening out expired discounts etc.  One thing for sure, no one is fine with their provider.  

Archived