Tyreek Hill to be released???

David Harris

4 minutes ago, RSJ said:

My favorite player that is not a Jet. One dude I would love to see the Jets take a chance on. Two deep safeties wouldnt be enough to contain a Hill and Anderson combination.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Innocent until proven guilty, but if any of this stuff is true....that’s a hard pass from someone with a kid at home.

None of the usual big NFL news breakers have mentioned this yet, so that could be someone having a little fun.

The Chiefs won't release him until the "legal process" plays out.

Unless a video pops up and they can't hide behind the cloak of pretending not to know how bad it was. 

19 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Innocent until proven guilty, but if any of this stuff is true....that’s a hard pass from someone with a kid at home.

His prior offense should be enough to not want this guy on the Jets. He pleaded guilty to domestic assault after punching and CHOCKING his pregnant girlfriend.

I’m all about not judging someone until all the facts are out, but chocking a pregnant women... come on now. The NFL needs to dump this dude.

39 minutes ago, David Harris said:

This may be fake

dont see it anywhere else

anybody validate this?

If you don’t see it anywhere else, and you’re reading it off “memesofnfl” Instagram account. Should be a good hint of whether it’s real or not. Don’t fall for these. 

34 minutes ago, RSJ said:

My favorite player that is not a Jet. One dude I would love to see the Jets take a chance on. Two deep safeties wouldnt be enough to contain a Hill and Anderson combination.

hello yes i would like to excuse a man that beat up a 3-year-old because he plays for my favorite football team. k thanx.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-03-16/kansas-city-chiefs-investigating-violence-claims-on-tyreek-hill

Tyreek Hill Under Investigation by Kansas City Chiefs for Violence Claims

By 
16 March 2019, 14:15 CET
  •  
    Police report battery on a juvenile at Hill’s Kansas home
  •  
    Hill was a key player for the NFL’s Chiefs last season
Tyreek Hill

Tyreek Hill

Photographer: Jamie Squire/Getty Images North America

Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill is being investigated for alleged battery of a juvenile, according to the The Kansas City Star.

“The club is aware of the investigation involving Tyreek Hill,” the Chiefs said in a statement to newspaper Friday. “We’re in the process of gathering information and have been in contact with the league and local authorities. We’ll have no further comment at this time.”

The Star said it obtained a police report that was filed Thursday from the Overland Park Police Department that responded to a report of a battery on a juvenile at Hill’s home and listed his fiancee Crystal Espinal, 24, under “others involved.”

In 2015, Hill pleaded guilty to abusing and choking Espinal and received probation for three years. He played at the University of West Alabama in 2015, and the Chiefs drafted him in the fifth round of the 2016 NFL draft.

The NFL didn’t immediately respond to requests seeking comment.

All the people who say we need to draft and/or sign talented guys, not boy scouts, should consider what has happened to KC in the last 12 months.  They lost their best RB and now their best WR probably.  There's something to be said for high-character guys.  They'll still be available to your team in years 2, 3 and 4.

43 minutes ago, nycdan said:

All the people who say we need to draft and/or sign talented guys, not boy scouts, should consider what has happened to KC in the last 12 months.  They lost their best RB and now their best WR probably.  There's something to be said for high-character guys.  They'll still be available to your team in years 2, 3 and 4.

Excellent points!!!  KC was probably a coin flip away from going to the SB
and now:

- Their best RB (Hunt) is gone
- Their C (Morse) is gone
- They got rid of their edge rushers (Ford & Houston)
- And now Hill could be on the way out

Things have changed very quickly for them

9 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

I was all for signing Hunt but this is a whole other level. Pearl clutching? Really man? The guy broke a 3 year old’s arm. I really hope you aren’t old enough to have kids and if you are I really hope you don’t have any.

Calm down. I was referring to everyone freaking out over a joke dbatesman made. This is why we can't have nice things. 

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

And Cleveland, while looking very talented, has amassed a massive collection of potential problems. Hey, at least they have a rookie HC to deal with it all. 

The speculation about Tyreek Hill is premature.  However, even if he didn't do it, the fact that a child's arm, his son, was broken in his house, is not a very good sign.  If it turns out that he did do it, his career is over.  Period.  And it to jail he'll be a going. 

The interesting thing to me in this potential tragedy is Andy Reid.  He's been known as a "Rehabilitation Guru" for talented players with questionable pasts.  Michael Vick was his first in Philly.  Later in Kansas City he doubled down with Kareem Hunt and Tyreek Hill.  It seems to have blown up in his face.  Maybe it's not such a good idea after all.

Archived