Free Agent Centers

Lith

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

The Jets should look at trade options. Any teams with more than 1 quality center or an expensive guy they may be looking to unload? Any Osemele situations out there?

B.J. Finney - 6'4," 318 lbs., 27 Y.O. Back up C/LG/RG, & emergency 4th TE. UDFA in '16

3 year Pro from Kansas State going into 4th year Earning: $3.09M in Final Year '19.

Steelers Tendered 2nd round. 

IMO, a 4th rounder gets it done. Steelers extended Pouncey & Ramon Foster and Dave DeCastro are entrenched as starters. Steelers would gladly take a 4th rounder to dump a $3M backup and he'd be willing to come here in the HOPES of a Contract extension or MORE playing time to show-off for teams and '20 FA. Steelers are MORE than able to draft and coach up a 4th rounder to be a reserve Center, Jets . . . not so much and thus WHY they have to Pay to Play. 

Current Contract

Year Age Base Salary   Cap
Number
Cap %  
Dead Money & Cap Savings
Cut (pre-June 1)Cut (post-June 1)Trade (pre-June 1)Trade (post-June 1)RestructureExtension 
Total   $3,095,000   $3,095,000      
2019 28 $3,095,000   $3,095,000 1.6%  
$0
$3,095,000

Receives second-round tender
March 6, 2019
The Steleers placed a second-round restricted tender on Finney on Wednesday, Tom Pelissero of NFL.com reports.

ANALYSIS
After going undrafted in 2016, Finney has emerged from obscurity to become a valuable reserve along the Steelers' offensive line. The 27-year-old has appeared in 43 games in three seasons, making nine starts.

35 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Slow down there dawg. I’d rather trade down and get a second round pick then trading up and losing a draft pick.

I agree. But Mac doesn’t like to trade down in early rounds. If he doesn’t trade down in the first , he needs to climb up into 2nd where there is always strong value at OL, especially center 

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I agree, wouldn’t be surprised if he moves up 20 picks or so if a guy he really covets is there . I’d be happy to see them draft a guy how’d anchor the line for many years to come than signing an over the hill or journey man type because they’re not long term solutions.

Yep. Next mangold ? Or even close to him. It is a no brainer, now that centers are being paid now

2 hours ago, maury77 said:

Swanson was PFF's 20th ranked center last year. He's not Mawae, but given his experience with the franchise and Gase, I can see the Jets signing him. 

RotoWorld still has Swanson with the Fags. He started 11 games with them last year.

3 hours ago, Lith said:

Agree 100%.  But that long term answer may not be there by the time we pick in the 3rd.  I absolutely would like to see the Jets draft a starting C this year, but without a 2nd round pick, we would have to get lucky to have a potential starter drop to 3.

Harrison might be a decent C.  He did a fine job down the stretch last year, but he has not done nearly enough to just be given the job without competition.  Patchwork at the position may be our only option for this season.  If there is no clear cut starter heading into camp, and tehre is not likely to be, then I want to see as much competition as possible.  Maybe that means Harrison and Toth, plus one of the FAs listed above, and a R3/R4 draft pick.  Have 4-way competition in camp and let the best man win.

Now that I'm thinking about it, we actually had a guy on the practice squad last year that got picked up by the Broncos who would have been great competition.  He played with Sam Darnold at USC.  Wish we would have kept him.

15 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Put this "hot nugg" in your pipe and smoke it, Clown. ?

There's a reason you are what you are, par for the course Mr. "Dusty Whyat." 

I was NOT ADDRESSING YOU NOR Replying to you. So DO NOT reply to me with a Personal Attack. 

I don't waste my time with Trash so I'll make it short and quick like the Pr!ck you are: Don't Reply to ME and Place me on Ignore if you disagree with what I say to OTHER posters. Now go eat a chicken wing. 

52 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I was NOT ADDRESSING YOU

Yeah you were. You just were replying to someone else who replied to me. Bottom line is, don't throw stones if you live in a glass house. I never personally attacked you either, so stop trying to go that route, Mr. "Cankles."

5 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

There's a reason you are what you are, par for the course Mr. "Dusty Whyat." 

I was NOT ADDRESSING YOU NOR Replying to you. So DO NOT reply to me with a Personal Attack. 

I don't waste my time with Trash so I'll make it short and quick like the Pr!ck you are: Don't Reply to ME and Place me on Ignore if you disagree with what I say to OTHER posters. Now go eat a chicken wing. 

:good:   He seems a tad sensitive. I got neg repped twice for just mentioning backup QB talk was off topic, then he positive reps his own posts. :rl:  His nasty personal attack on you was WAY outta line.  BTW: I LOVE BBQ wings, you made me hungry.

FYI 

Nick Easton plans to make a decision by Monday

Posted by Mike Florio on March 17, 2019, 9:44 AM EDT

Getty Images

Vikings (for now) offensive lineman Nick Easton has three teams from which to choose, and he intends to make his choice soon.

Via Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Easton intends to make a decision by Monday as to his next destination.

The finalists are the Vikings, the Saints, and a supposed mystery team. As Tomasson notes, the Saints have a heightened urgency to lure Easton, given that he can play center and that their starting center, Max Unger, recently retired.

With Mike Remmers cut after he refused to re-do his deal and Tom Compton a free agent, the Vikings need interior offensive linemen. But they also need to be careful with cap dollars.

“We’re going to make sure we’re prudent with our decisions,” G.M. Rick Spielman told reporters on Thursday regarding the team’s offensive line. “I have a pretty good sense of the strengths and weaknesses of what in free agency, and I have a pretty good sense of the strengths and weaknesses of what’s in the draft.”

The cap-strapped Vikings surprisingly found a way to re-sign linebacker Anthony Barr without having to cut defensive end Everson Griffen. So far, only Remmers and safety Andrew Sendejohave been let go as the Vikings try to fit plenty of big contracts under the annual cap limit

3 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

FYI 

Nick Easton plans to make a decision by Monday

Posted by Mike Florio on March 17, 2019, 9:44 AM EDT

Getty Images

Vikings (for now) offensive lineman Nick Easton has three teams from which to choose, and he intends to make his choice soon.

Via Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Easton intends to make a decision by Monday as to his next destination.

The finalists are the Vikings, the Saints, and a supposed mystery team. As Tomasson notes, the Saints have a heightened urgency to lure Easton, given that he can play center and that their starting center, Max Unger, recently retired.

With Mike Remmers cut after he refused to re-do his deal and Tom Compton a free agent, the Vikings need interior offensive linemen. But they also need to be careful with cap dollars.

“We’re going to make sure we’re prudent with our decisions,” G.M. Rick Spielman told reporters on Thursday regarding the team’s offensive line. “I have a pretty good sense of the strengths and weaknesses of what in free agency, and I have a pretty good sense of the strengths and weaknesses of what’s in the draft.”

The cap-strapped Vikings surprisingly found a way to re-sign linebacker Anthony Barr without having to cut defensive end Everson Griffen. So far, only Remmers and safety Andrew Sendejohave been let go as the Vikings try to fit plenty of big contracts under the annual cap limit

Thanks CJF. I hope we are that mystery team.

5 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

:good:   He seems a tad sensitive. I got neg repped twice for just mentioning backup QB talk was off topic, then he positive reps his own posts. :rl:  His nasty personal attack on you was WAY outta line.  BTW: I LOVE BBQ wings, you made me hungry.

Be ready in 10 minute?

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

B.J. Finney - 6'4," 318 lbs., 27 Y.O. Back up C/LG/RG, & emergency 4th TE. UDFA in '16

3 year Pro from Kansas State going into 4th year Earning: $3.09M in Final Year '19.

Steelers Tendered 2nd round. 

IMO, a 4th rounder gets it done. Steelers extended Pouncey & Ramon Foster and Dave DeCastro are entrenched as starters. Steelers would gladly take a 4th rounder to dump a $3M backup and he'd be willing to come here in the HOPES of a Contract extension or MORE playing time to show-off for teams and '20 FA. Steelers are MORE than able to draft and coach up a 4th rounder to be a reserve Center, Jets . . . not so much and thus WHY they have to Pay to Play. 

Current Contract

Year Age Base Salary   Cap
Number
Cap %  
Dead Money & Cap Savings
Cut (pre-June 1)Cut (post-June 1)Trade (pre-June 1)Trade (post-June 1)RestructureExtension 
Total   $3,095,000   $3,095,000      
2019 28 $3,095,000   $3,095,000 1.6%  
$0
$3,095,000

Receives second-round tender
March 6, 2019
The Steleers placed a second-round restricted tender on Finney on Wednesday, Tom Pelissero of NFL.com reports.

ANALYSIS
After going undrafted in 2016, Finney has emerged from obscurity to become a valuable reserve along the Steelers' offensive line. The 27-year-old has appeared in 43 games in three seasons, making nine starts.

I wonder if they would be interested in an undersized, but fast ILB on his rookie contract?

3 hours ago, MykePM said:

I’d be very much in favor of this, but the Raiders ended up freeing cap space in other ways and are in better shape now.  So, I’d be surprised if he’s still available.  Maybe if they draft a Center with one of their early picks, they might be willing to part with him on Draft Day.  

I’m hoping Bosa and Allen both slide to #3, and we swap out with Raiders, moving us to #4 in exchange for Hudson, leaving us ONE of the two premium pass-rushers. 

(Cause, p.s., I’m okay with either)

1 hour ago, Lith said:

I wonder if they would be interested in an undersized, but fast ILB on his rookie contract?

Lee DID replace Shazier at OSU, no?

That was one of the arguments I kept reading over & over in "justifying" selecting such a small ILB in the 1st round: "Lee is the Next Ryan Shazier, the FUTURE of LBs in the NFL that are FASTER, MORE AGILE, and 'FLYS' to the ball."

3 years later, Shazier is learning how to walk again and Lee has been run over more times on the field than a speed bump. 

2 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Yeah, it's Little B!TCH syndrome and he's got a BAAAAD case of it. He can smoke a c0ck for all I care. I put the petulant ba$tard on Ignore, but "mgmt" is yet to admonish his 2 personal attacks. Whatever. "Cankles" was funny, but like his posts, wrong & inaccurate. lol.

BBQ wings sound amazing right now. 

I'm STARVING! I fast during daylight for lent and sundown ain't until 7:04pm :(

15 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Yeah, it's Little B!TCH syndrome and he's got a BAAAAD case of it. He can smoke a c0ck for all I care. I put the petulant ba$tard on Ignore, but "mgmt" is yet to admonish his 2 personal attacks. Whatever. "Cankles" was funny, but like his posts, wrong & inaccurate. lol.

BBQ wings sound amazing right now. 

I'm STARVING! I fast during daylight for lent and sundown ain't until 7:04pm :(

My absolute FAVORITE wings are Honey Mustard. To DIE FOR.

Hopefully you don't pig out from 7:04 till you hit the sack. I used to work over nites with a heavy chick (can we say that?) who complained she couldn't lose weight even tho she was "only eating one meal a day" Mind you she was eating a chocolate eclair as she was trying to talk. I told her that the problem was that her one meal a day last from midnite till noon. lol

•  
    NICK EASTONC, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
    10856.jpg

According to Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, free agent OG Nick Easton will choose a team on Monday.

Per Tomasson, Easton is deciding between the Vikings, Saints and an unnamed mystery team. The Saints, who Easton visited last week, may have an added sense of urgency following Max Unger's sudden retirement. Easton, who missed all of last year due to neck surgery, has experience at both guard and center.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:
  •  
    NICK EASTONC, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
    10856.jpg

According to Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, free agent OG Nick Easton will choose a team on Monday.

Per Tomasson, Easton is deciding between the Vikings, Saints and an unnamed mystery team. The Saints, who Easton visited last week, may have an added sense of urgency following Max Unger's sudden retirement. Easton, who missed all of last year due to neck surgery, has experience at both guard and center.

Mystery team.  Likely either us, the Chiefs, who lost Morse, or the Rams as replacement for Sullivan.

7 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

It's one of the stupider posts I've come across this MONTH.

This is ironic. I am out today. Two reported posts. Both by you. Something about someone personally attacking you. I say I am going to wait until I am back home to read this so I don't over react.

I check it. The first post in this thread that is a personal attack is by you.

You are either kidding are you aren't all that bright. Drawing attention to a thread where you had the first personal attack is comical. Your tone in the reported posts is comical.

Here is what I am going to do. Nothing. But:

1. If you fight with other posters, you are getting banned.

2. If you PM me to explain why you are right and the other poster is wrong, you are getting banned.

Just to be really clear, I was at dinner with my family and you wasted my time by reporting two posts for something you started. Since you did that, you lose all credibility. A PM from you to me explaining this further, will not be something I read.

I am done with the nonsense here. Put people on ignore, don't personally attack others and just know the days of multiple warnings are gone. The report this post option should be used for serious things only. Clearly you are abusing it.

IMHO it's a no brainer that we draft a C. I hope (pray) that we can trade down several spots and get some extra draft choices including a 2nd and make it happen.

Trading down would be best case. I would love to get the giants two first for the 3. They round be excellent. Grab Jonah Williams at 6. Have him compete with Beachum at LT. worst case he dits for a season and starts next year. Draft the C at #17. Just perfect. Go any combo of edge, CB, WR or TE in the third. Faaaantastic

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

8 hours ago, Tony The Wiz said:

The Jets will be drafting a Center. This is what you do in the draft. Fill in the Holes that you think your team is weak at.  And Center is one of those immediate holes. 

This is EXACTLY what the teams all say they don;t do.  They say fill obvious holes in FA so you do not HAVE to make that pick.

Of course our GM misses on most of his draft picks anyway so we still have tons of holes, even after fa.

Archived