Free Agent Centers

Lith

6 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Lee DID replace Shazier at OSU, no?

That was one of the arguments I kept reading over & over in "justifying" selecting such a small ILB in the 1st round: "Lee is the Next Ryan Shazier, the FUTURE of LBs in the NFL that are FASTER, MORE AGILE, and 'FLYS' to the ball."

3 years later, Shazier is learning how to walk again and Lee has been run over more times on the field than a speed bump. 

The last jet linebacker who went to the Steelers was James Farrior, and that worked out pretty good for Pittsburgh.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

B.J. Finney - 6'4," 318 lbs., 27 Y.O. Back up C/LG/RG, & emergency 4th TE. UDFA in '16

3 year Pro from Kansas State going into 4th year Earning: $3.09M in Final Year '19.

Steelers Tendered 2nd round. 

IMO, a 4th rounder gets it done. Steelers extended Pouncey & Ramon Foster and Dave DeCastro are entrenched as starters. Steelers would gladly take a 4th rounder to dump a $3M backup and he'd be willing to come here in the HOPES of a Contract extension or MORE playing time to show-off for teams and '20 FA. Steelers are MORE than able to draft and coach up a 4th rounder to be a reserve Center, Jets . . . not so much and thus WHY they have to Pay to Play. 

Current Contract

Year Age Base Salary   Cap
Number
Cap %  
Dead Money & Cap Savings
Cut (pre-June 1)Cut (post-June 1)Trade (pre-June 1)Trade (post-June 1)RestructureExtension 
Total   $3,095,000   $3,095,000      
2019 28 $3,095,000   $3,095,000 1.6%  
$0
$3,095,000

Receives second-round tender
March 6, 2019
The Steleers placed a second-round restricted tender on Finney on Wednesday, Tom Pelissero of NFL.com reports.

ANALYSIS
After going undrafted in 2016, Finney has emerged from obscurity to become a valuable reserve along the Steelers' offensive line. The 27-year-old has appeared in 43 games in three seasons, making nine starts.

The Steelers made the second round tender because they had not yet negotiated new contracts with Pouncey and Foster, and Finney is the back up to both. Now that both Pouncey and Foster have new contracts, Finney can be had since the Steelers would prefer to draft a new backup G/C in this years draft.

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

Trading down would be best case. I would love to get the giants two first for the 3. They round be excellent. Grab Jonah Williams at 6. Have him compete with Beachum at LT. worst case he dits for a season and starts next year. Draft the C at #17. Just perfect. Go any combo of edge, CB, WR or TE in the third. Faaaantastic

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

IDEAL

If we can get him, this is my guy.

• image: http://walterfootball.com/college/OhioState_logo.gif

OhioState_logo.gif Michael Jordan*, C/G, Ohio State 
    Height: 6-6. Weight: 312. 
    Projected 40 Time: 5.20. 
    Projected Round (2019): 2-3. 

3/16/19: Jordan moved to center in 2018 and proved to be a good starter there, which really improves his value for the NFL. In speaking with sources, they see Jordan as a potential second-day pick. Some scouts who were through Ohio State told me that they thought that Jordan was unlikely to enter the 2019 NFL Draft, but after the season, he announced he was skipping his senior year instead. 

8/28/18: According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Jordan checks in at 6-foot-6, 312 pounds. He is said to run the 40 in 5.20 seconds. His arms measure at 34.63 inches, his hands at 10.25 inches, and his wing span at 84 inches. He has excellent size and length for guard, and his measureables would fit as a tackle. 

Jordan broke into the starting lineup as a freshman at guard and showed improvement in 2017 as a sophomore. Jordan should keep up the recent tradition of early-round interior line prospects from Ohio State. He has good size to go with strength and athleticism. After gaining experience and developing, Jordan could dominate as a junior and senior to become an early-round pick in his draft class.
  •  

Kind of surprised to see Jones still on the street.  The Giants were supposedly very high on him in 2017.  He was part of the reason they let Richburg walk.  They tendered him at 2nd round level.  He was supposed to be very good in pass protection but poor in the run game in 2017.  He lost his job to Halapio who was a castoff 2014 draft pick of the Patriot and ended up spinning Jones for a 2019 7th. I guess Jones is much worse than I thought and the Giants fans told me.  Either he sucks or the new staff didn't like him.

The Vikings and Raiders had sh*tty lines.  It seems strange to think raiding them will solve our problems.  

Archived