When does Darron Lee get released or traded?

NYJ1

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Where'd you get that idea?

Steelers gave Finney a 2d round tender while negotiating with Pouncey and Ramon Foster. Finney is the back up to both. Then they signed Pouncey to a three-year, $29 million contract and Foster to a two-year, $8.25 million deal. Now the steelers would like to move Finney in a cost saving measure and replace him in the draft. 

Lee is worth a flyer to the Steelers who have struggled to replace shaziers production. A swap makes sense. But if the Jets don't act, the saints will trade for Finney to replace Max Unger.

46 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Theyll hang on to him for the same reason they paid Leonard Williams: to save face on an obviously failed first rounder. When both of them wash out after this season, they’ll blame Greg Williams. Welcome to Jets football. 

Agree 100%

This is the same reason they held on to Devin Smith for so long when he obviously sucked and why they refused to even cut Hackenberg when he was embarrassing the organization for years

Our only hope of getting rid of Lee is some dumb team’s GM gives us a late rd pick

The Jets should put Lee up for bid-minimum 2019 4th round pick.  Maybe a 3rd  

Highest bidder gets him.  Move on. 

He is not getting a 5th year option.  I really do not want to see one year players on this year’s team.  The fewer the better.  This is about a deep playoff run in 2020 

too many holes this year.  Bad drafting. The Rams and Eagles could in year 2.  Mac needs more time.  His fault. 

4 minutes ago, varjet said:

The Jets should put Lee up for bid-minimum 2019 4th round pick.  Maybe a 3rd  

Highest bidder gets him.  Move on. 

He is not getting a 5th year option.  I really do not want to see one year players on this year’s team.  The fewer the better.  This is about a deep playoff run in 2020 

too many holes this year.  Bad drafting. The Rams and Eagles could in year 2.  Mac needs more time.  His fault. 

No one is giving up even a 5th for Lee

I guess Lee said he would call and never called. 

Lee was over drafted but we have him now. He can't take on lineman and so was used out of position. 

He is learning how to play and can be a good will. He might be good next to Mosley or we could trade him. 

Either way, Lee is an asset. We don't give away assets.

11 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Lee was over drafted but we have him now. He can't take on lineman and so was used out of position. 

He is learning how to play and can be a good will. He might be good next to Mosley or we could trade him. 

I’d take a 4th for him. He’s not playing much with Mosley and Williamson In front of him. I’d sooner spot Hewitt for the other two. He’s now draft bait.

7 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Agree 100%

This is the same reason they held on to Devin Smith for so long when he obviously sucked and why they refused to even cut Hackenberg when he was embarrassing the organization for years

Our only hope of getting rid of Lee is some dumb team’s GM gives us a late rd pick

All due respect to you and Mr. Shane....

I actually think Mac has been way more willing to confess to his own mistakes? I thought guys like Smith, Milliner (I know he's not Macs, but he was a 1st rounder), Mauldin were cut much faster than guys that Tammy drafted? Vlad Ducasse hung around FOUR years getting a paycheck and for what?? What about Stephen Hill? Imo, Mac admits his mistakes (and they are numerous) and moves on. 

7 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Lee was solid in coverage last year . It’s about the only thing he did do well 

No he wasn’t.  He had one good game because the lions coaching staff forgot to do their jobs

Otherwise he was as bad as he ever was

5 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

All due respect to you and Mr. Shane....

I actually think Mac has been way more willing to confess to his own mistakes? I thought guys like Smith, Milliner (I know he's not Macs, but he was a 1st rounder), Mauldin were cut much faster than guys that Tammy drafted? Vlad Ducasse hung around FOUR years getting a paycheck and for what?? What about Stephen Hill? Imo, Mac admits his mistakes (and they are numerous) and moves on. 

Hackenberg got over 2 years here when he clearly showed in practices that he didn’t even belong on an nfl roster.  

Mauldin and Smith both were here 3 years despite being horrible

Mac is very protective of his draft busts

6 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

You’re not getting more than a 6th for Lee

The tape of him getting abused by every tight end in the nfl is out there

Try him on the outside let him try and rush idk we won't get anything decent back in a trade and he's still on a rookie deal no sense in cutting him. At best we'll get a 6th rounder back. 

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

No he wasn’t.  He had one good game because the lions coaching staff forgot to do their jobs

Otherwise he was as bad as he ever was

Dude can’t shed blocks. so he is weak vs the run . But he was solid in coverage THIS year . 

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

You’re not getting more than a 6th for Lee

The tape of him getting abused by every tight end in the nfl is out there

Well then it would make sense to see how well he can play protected by Mosley in the new defense since he's already been bought and paid for. 

You'll get over it. I promise. 

13 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Well then it would make sense to see how well he can play protected by Mosley in the new defense since he's already been bought and paid for. 

You'll get over it. I promise. 

I’ve had to watch Lee and Skrine stink up the joint for 4 years I can’t do it anymore 

On 3/17/2019 at 1:44 PM, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Darron Lee is most likely going nowhere.  Why would he?  New Coaching Staff, brings a new defensive scheme, one that finally fits his skill set.  He is on a low cost contract, and is on a roster that needs players added, not subtracted.  He made strides last year, despite his suspension.  This is his last chance to prove he belongs on this team going forward.  He will get that chance this year.

Completely agree. I do not see an outright cut because there is no positive for that. We don't have a log jam at the position, he doesn't cost much at all and he has shown some ability. I would like to see him get a year with a motivational defensive regime such as we have now. There is simply no benefit to cutting him at all, unless he was a malcontent who was making waves. I don't see that either. 

That said, I could see a trade if we got a 3rd or better.  Once again, no reason to dump an athletic and fast LB just to add a 4-7th rd body. I know most people here think we'd be lucky to get a 5th for him, but I don't think that's the case. He's not getting a 1st for sure, but he is an experienced player who has had some success. There are teams out there that would love to have a young, fast, athletic and cheap coverage LB.  I personally hope that team is the Jets unless proper compensation is offered. 

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I’ve had to watch Lee and Skrine stink up the joint for 4 years I can’t do it anymore 

Williamson and Mosley play the same position. Mosley is good in coverage for a mike but Avery is not good at all. 

Having them both out there on passing downs would be a huge mismatch. 

Don't give up hope. I think Lee is going to hit you back any time now. 

1 minute ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Williamson and Mosley play the same position. Mosley is good in coverage for a mike but Avery is not good at all. 

Having them both out there on passing downs would be a huge mismatch. 

Don't give up hope. I think Lee is going to hit you back any time now. 

Jets would have only one ILB on the field in nickel defense

15 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Steelers gave Finney a 2d round tender while negotiating with Pouncey and Ramon Foster. Finney is the back up to both. Then they signed Pouncey to a three-year, $29 million contract and Foster to a two-year, $8.25 million deal. Now the steelers would like to move Finney in a cost saving measure and replace him in the draft. 

Lee is worth a flyer to the Steelers who have struggled to replace shaziers production. A swap makes sense. But if the Jets don't act, the saints will trade for Finney to replace Max Unger.

Guard is the one spot we're set on the online. Why are we trading for a guard?

The attached chart illustrates what a  ludicrous idea it is to trade Darron Lee for anything less than a third round draft pick.  It is my estimation that anything less than a second rounder, would be a non starter as well.  The fact alone that a fourth round draft pick would be on a roster about 50% of the time, three years after the draft tells you how bad an idea this is.

To read the table the rows represent the round the players were drafted in while the columns show what percentage of players were on the team after that specific year. For example 96.8% of all 2nd round picks are on the team's active roster that drafted them at the start of year one but only 83.9% at the start of year three.  

Round Year 1 Year 2 Year 3 Year 4 Year 5
1 99.7% 93.5% 83.9% 77.4% 71.0%
2 96.8% 96.1% 83.9% 74.2% 41.9%
3 96.9% 75.1% 62.5% 37.5% 18.8%
4 91.4% 74.3% 54.3% 34.3% 17.2%
5 81.1% 56.8% 37.8% 24.3% 16.2%
6 70.2% 57.5% 35.3% 20.9% 10.6%
7 58.3% 45.8% 31.3% 21.7% 16

Archived