Ryan Fitzpatrick to be Dolphin's QB

rayzor

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rayzor said:

2 year deal.  $11M with incentives to $17M -20M.  How did he get a raise?  He was earning $3M and $3.3M in previous seasons with the Bucs.    Man is Fitz resilient.  Started  for 3 AFC East teams.  So much for tanking for Tua.

I thought the fish fired Tanenbaum?

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But they won’t draft one in the first 2 rounds until 2021. Fitz will have a great ‘19 season, so they’ll give him good coin for ‘20 and punt the QB decision another year down the road.

Please tell me you're kidding. even the Dolphags can't be that stupid, can they ?

AFCE  is becoming a Commune.  Many players have all been in the same bed together. Divorcing from one AFCE team and remarrying with another. Then divorced again and moving on to another. 

Oh...how many ex Jets end up on the Pats?

Or else it's like Josh Allen and Darnold are buds and work out together, etc.

Is the AFCE the most incestuous division in the NFL or what? 

Fitz knows how to stay around and get paid. Let’s just hope that random 6 td game he has once a year where he channels his inner Peyton Manning isn’t one of the two games against us and it’s more of the fitz we know who throws a late 4th qtr way off target pick 

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Moore is better than Fitz but literally no qb he’s ever backed up has avoided injury or suspension 

Ryan Fitzpatrick was basically drafted by Mike Martz, who mentored Adam Gase. Fitzpatrick would have fit in Gase offense. Most of the situations Ryan Fitzpatrick went into the teams had a weak quarterback depth chart. Look at some of these names at quarterback Fitz "backed" up: Trent Edwards, Jake Locker, Ryan Mallett, Tom Savage,  and Geno Smith. The best quarterback Fitz ever backed up was Carson Palmer, and a distant second best would be Jameis Winston. While Fitzpatrick was in St. Louis, he was the 3rd string both years, and never started a game his second and last year in St. Louis. I think he would have been an excellent backup for Darnold at this point in his career, but the Dolphins already grabbed him. He was a better backup quarterback option than Josh McCown. I would have liked Tyrod Taylor, but he was signed by the Chargers. Not much to choose from in regards to a backup quarterback right now. It's Brock or bust at this point. 

Perfect.  I suppose the press conference announcing the signing will be covered live from the Netherworld and sponsored by Hades.  They deserve each other, and the inevitable outcome from such a "marriage". This offseason keeps getting better and better.

He won't last the season as the full time starter.  Unless of course, they are in it for the "tank".

3 hours ago, rayzor said:

2 year deal.  $11M with incentives to $17M -20M.  How did he get a raise?  He was earning $3M and $3.3M in previous seasons with the Bucs.    Man is Fitz resilient.  Started  for 3 AFC East teams.  So much for tanking for Tua.

He was one of the QBs who led the Bucs to the NFLs top passing offense last year?  

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is actually a very smart move by an obvious master of the game, setting the Dolphins on a path to sure success down the line. Haters will hate it because they don’t understand the subtleties of genius-level roster construction. 

cc: @Jet Nut

this times 10..Fish have no clue WTF they are doing obviously

we have Sam Darnold

They have Ryan Fitzpathetic LMFAO.

Bring it on fish

Fitz is his own worst enemy. Last year for part of the season he was the hottest QB in the league. Until he started believing the hype about himself and again was out of control. A man has to know his limitations and he doesn’t. You’d think with his IQ he’d get it but quarterbacking isn’t Rubik’s Cube. And this leads to unbelievably bad performances after  good ones. I doubt he’ll be their starter and if he is bad decision making by the Fins. And this one you can’t blame on Tanny.

11 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Fitz is his own worst enemy. Last year for part of the season he was the hottest QB in the league. Until he started believing the hype about himself and again was out of control. A man has to know his limitations and he doesn’t. You’d think with his IQ he’d get it but quarterbacking isn’t Rubik’s Cube. And this leads to unbelievably bad performances after  good ones. I doubt he’ll be their starter and if he is bad decision making by the Fins. And this one you can’t blame on Tanny.

The only way he's not starting is if the fish draft a QB in the first round. 

Of course he got another deal. The man has gotten inexplicably receiving a starting job in the NFL down to a science. I don't think he has much value as a mentor to another QB but there isn't a bridge starter as entertaining as Fitzmagic. Oh the highs and lows you'll go with him.

Seeing as how the Fins don't have WR's the caliber of Marshall and Decker on their roster I don't see them having a rare good year with the beard under center.

4 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

Seeing as how the Fins don't have WR's the caliber of Marshall and Decker on their roster I don't see them having a rare good year with the beard under center.

That's true.  His best seasons were with quality WR's.  DeSean/ Evans/ Humphries with the Bucs.

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick was basically drafted by Mike Martz, who mentored Adam Gase. Fitzpatrick would have fit in Gase offense. Most of the situations Ryan Fitzpatrick went into the teams had a weak quarterback depth chart. Look at some of these names at quarterback Fitz "backed" up: Trent Edwards, Jake Locker, Ryan Mallett, Tom Savage,  and Geno Smith. The best quarterback Fitz ever backed up was Carson Palmer, and a distant second best would be Jameis Winston. While Fitzpatrick was in St. Louis, he was the 3rd string both years, and never started a game his second and last year in St. Louis. I think he would have been an excellent backup for Darnold at this point in his career, but the Dolphins already grabbed him. He was a better backup quarterback option than Josh McCown. I would have liked Tyrod Taylor, but he was signed by the Chargers. Not much to choose from in regards to a backup quarterback right now. It's Brock or bust at this point. 

I think that the contract he signed shows the folly in the supposition that he would have accepted a backup role with the Jets.  I know you wouldn't have wanted to pay him that kind of money, nor would I.  I didn't want him here anyway.  For me it's bad karma with him.  The way he acted when asked to help with the youngsters,  Hackenberg and Petty, and the way he held us up in the second contract negotiation. I don't think he would have helped Sam at all.  He's just not that guy. My feeling it's going to be Osweiller.  I think that's been the plan all along.  I am fine with that.

3 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Fitzpatrick = Tank.

Anti tank... he’ll win 6 to 7 games and cost them a top 10 pick.  exactly why we sucked for years after him.    Signing FITZ is the ultimate GM sucks move.   It’s not Even a rebuild.     Every team , after releasing FITZ has struggled for two years and it makes you wonder why even draft sign him? 

5 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Sweet. Usually in the Fitz cycle it's the first year he does well right? So that should knock them out of the top QB contention the following year. 

But respect to Fitz, that dude keeps getting work and getting paid. 

Yup 

He'll win a few down the stretch to kill the tank 

2 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Regardless of how you feel about him, you have to give Fitzy credit. For a seventh round pick from Harvard, he's carved out a nice NFL career for himself.

And quite a bankroll. 

3 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

are you crazy? everyone knows that Fitz holds a voodoo doll of any QB on the same roster as him. If Fitz signed with the Jets, Darnold would be guaranteed to be placed on IR.

Archived