A J Green

Jamax99

Not sure if been brought up yet,  but I would love for Jets to try and get him in a deal for 1-2 years, I think a 4th or 5th rounder , Cinncy is in strange year and might be in rebuild mode. Or offer D lee and a 7th. 

I don’t know what his contract status is but I’d flip the Saints 3 for him...

I dont go on site much , and didnt see anything on AJ green ,  but thought he would be a good fit,  but typical Jet fans , with  wise ass remarks.  I guess I cant ask a question that might have been brought up already.  I thought this was a Jets forum to ask and bring up talking points. I should know better , guys are just waiting to respond with wise ass remarks.

1 minute ago, Jamax99 said:

Hes 30y old , Bengals need to rebuild , makes alot , if you can get a young LB and draft pick maybe.   Kinda like Brandon Marshall deal. Think we gave up a 5th plus hes coming off injury. 

No one wants Darron Lee

But then again the bears did sign Buster Skrine

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

No one wants Darron Lee

But then again the bears did sign Buster Skrine

Someone that needs a LB , might look at him and say hes young and former, 1st rd pick. Take a chance, lol  hopefully. 

Hes 30y old , Bengals need to rebuild , makes alot , if you can get a young LB and draft pick maybe.   Kinda like Brandon Marshall deal. Think we gave up a 5th plus hes coming off injury. 
Brandon Marshall was a cancer in the chi locker room and was fighting with their starting quarterback. If they want to rebuild they want a guy that the new qb can throw the ball too yes he is old and won't be a long term answer at wr in a rebuild but I don't think they will give him away either. They might think about a third round pick but I have a feeling it would take at least a second to make something happen

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

20 minutes ago, Jamax99 said:

I dont go on site much , and didnt see anything on AJ green ,  but thought he would be a good fit,  but typical Jet fans , with  wise ass remarks.  I guess I cant ask a question that might have been brought up already.  I thought this was a Jets forum to ask and bring up talking points. I should know better , guys are just waiting to respond with wise ass remarks.

Well of course we are. Seriously though Green loves Cincy and they love him. Unless something drastic occurs I doubt they would even consider trading him.

AJ Green at this stage would be a good trade/signing for a team in contention for a SB ... The NY Jets are not in that discussion as of yet ys never know though look at the Rams and how fast they turned it around from Jeff "OMFG" Fisher . Everyone thought they sucked then they went off for 2 years straight

6 hours ago, Jamax99 said:

Not sure if been brought up yet,  but I would love for Jets to try and get him in a deal for 1-2 years, I think a 4th or 5th rounder , Cinncy is in strange year and might be in rebuild mode. Or offer D lee and a 7th. 

Haha I can't see how they give up a monster for nothing

10 hours ago, Ghost said:

Green for a 4th? I’d instantly sign up for that. We have a ton of cap space and add another reliable target for Darnold. 

This is not even worth thinking about. 

Green is close to retirement but he’d be worth a shot

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

He has chronic turf toe.  That’s what ended Deion Sanders career

Yeah, I'd be very cautious about AJ.  We're trying to get younger and healthier, not older and more injury-ridden.  The durability of guys like Enunwa already concerns me.  Sure, Green would instantly be the Jets WR1....but for how many games, for how many snaps?  Turf toe almost never heals completely and for a guy whose whole game is built on speed as he's coming in and out of breaks, that's a really unfortunate injury.  He might be worth a chance but I'm only trading for him conditionally (a 2020 5th rounder that becomes a 4th in 2020 if he plays more than 65% of the snaps or something like that).

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Yeah, I'd be very cautious about AJ.  We're trying to get younger and healthier, not older and more injury-ridden.  The durability of guys like Enunwa already concerns me.  Sure, Green would instantly be the Jets WR1....but for how many games, for how many snaps?  Turf toe almost never heals completely and for a guy whose whole game is built on speed as he's coming in and out of breaks, that's a really unfortunate injury.  He might be worth a chance but I'm only trading for him conditionally (a 2020 5th rounder that becomes a 4th in 2020 if he plays more than 65% of the snaps or something like that).

Only reason I want Green is there is a possibility we can get him cheap.  Even if he only plays half a season that’s huge for us

Archived