Mac might have a very tough decision ahead.

genot

8 minutes ago, genot said:

If the Chiefs release Hill, or he's suspended by the NFL indefinitely, the Chiefs might make an offer to Robby, which is well beyond his market value. What doe's Mac do??

I can see this happening. They have a high 2nd which isn’t ideal. We need a center badly and may need a pick like this. If they are confident they can get a good WR in the 3rd, it may be ok.

I’d rather not take away weapons from Sam but we desperately need a C and time will help Sam with all of his weapons. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, genot said:

If the Chiefs release Hill, or he's suspended by the NFL indefinitely, the Chiefs might make an offer to Robby, which is well beyond his market value. What doe's Mac do??

They'd have to sign Robby and make it a poison pill contract the Jets would refuse to match...I would think. Like  6 years for FQB money.  Can they do something like that with their CAP situation? Suspending Hill doesn't subtract money from their CAP.  And Chiefs would have zero flexibility from then on even if possible. 

I  think Robby is safe as WR NYJ for this year.

4 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

They'd have to sign Robby and make it a poison pill contract the Jets would refuse to match...I would think. Like  6 years for FQB money.  Can they do something like that with their CAP situation? Suspending Hill doesn't subtract money from their CAP.  And Chiefs would have zero flexibility from then on even if possible. 

I like Robby. hope your right.

6 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Why the **** do half of the fans want to create more holes? The WR core isn’t that good so why make it worse. Anderson serve a purpose. 

Trust me I get it. The problem with this draft is the talent for center will be dried up by round 3 and we may be able to get a decent wideout in the 3rd round. C is more of a desperate need which is the only reason why adding the pick may make sense.

Now if we could just trade up our 2 3rd round picks and snag a center in the 2nd, that would be IDEAL. This trading Anderson scenario would help ensure that we can get our guy if we don’t trade down in the first is all. 

Yes it would create another hole. Just not as desperate of a position and odds are we could find a decent WR prospect in the 3rd unlike C. It’s just something that should be considered.

I don’t like the idea of a hole at WR either but I see it as more of a shifting of assets and if Anderson doesn’t fit a Gase offense well, it’s not as big of a deal. 

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I wonder if part of the reason for the R2 tender was to gauge Robby's market value and then match an offer for a long term deal, instead if bidding against themselves on an extension.  Risky strategy if someone offers more than you think he is worth, but it gives us the option to either get a premium draft asset or match his long term deal. 

I think you hit the nail right on the head. This Hill situation is what makes it a risky proposition. Some other teams key receiver blows out his knee playing pick up basketball. Who knows.

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

I wonder if part of the reason for the R2 tender was to gauge Robby's market value and then match an offer for a long term deal, instead if bidding against themselves on an extension.  Risky strategy if someone offers more than you think he is worth, but it gives us the option to either get a premium draft asset or match his long term deal. 

Thats a terrible strategy. I mean if Mac is afraid of bidding vs himself, then hes awful peorid. You risk losing Sams best target, a WR who can help Bell because hes a deep threat and has to be accounted for all because your negotiation tactics are terrible? YUCK

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

32 minutes ago, genot said:

:huh:WTF do you mean WHAT "Does Mac do??" THE OBVIOUS!!!! ;)

He'll stare down his pants and assure that HIS Nutz are STILL there, unlike yours by the question and implied fret in your post, and TRADES that 1 STRIKE-AWAY from Suspension by the NFL Speed Demon (Gase would be on board according to his glowing comments to "up" Robbie's value at the combine") TO K.C. & the Kool-Aid Man for a 2nd and 5th Round pick in THIS DRAFT!!!

I LOVE watching Robbie, but YOU TAKE the value and WE NEED Starting OLine. 

24 minutes ago, TheGoose said:

Neither of the Chief’s second round picks are very desirable, #61 and #63... they’re practically third round picks. 

I’d imagine Macc has to match an offer from a late-picking team. 

They STILL have value. IF you can package those picks WITH OUR 3rds (or some combination of other picks) to MOVE UP INTO the 2nd round, a team like the Giants, TB, Raiders would be willing dance partners in DIRE need of Quantity over quality. WE NEED Quality over Quantity b/c Mac can't Draft for $hit unless it's "gifted to him." With our luck, we'll be "Gifted Ed Oliver in the 2nd round" LOL.

21 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

Agreed but for the few xtra bucks I wish we tendered Robby with a 1st instead of 2nd.

• Upvote 3

For all the talk about a center, Jonathan Harrison was pretty good last year once he took over and they slid spencer long to left guard.  I guess everyone is better than our player on the roster.  you can’t fix it all in a single year and center was ok once we made the change.  I feel like we can live with Harrison for a single year if need be until we can get a long term answer.

as far as Robbie goes, he’s a really good player that needs to stay as long as he can stay out of trouble. With out cap situation I don’t think we’re in danger of losing him at all.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

They'd have to sign Robby and make it a poison pill contract the Jets would refuse to match...I would think. Like  6 years for FQB moneyCan they do something like that with their CAP situation? Suspending Hill doesn't subtract money from their CAP.  And Chiefs would have zero flexibility from then on even if possible. 

Those are ILLEGAL now thanks to 1998 Cap-ologist and eventual Jets GM Michael Tannenbaum in his structuring Curtis Martin's RFA Contract Offer AND then, IIRC, it became an OFFICIALLY BANNED Practice by the NFL AFTER Steve Hutchinson's RFA Contract by Minnesota to steal him from Seattle the following year. 

The NY Jets . . . ALWAYS setting NEW PRECEDENT in the NFL! :D

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

:huh:WTF do you mean WHAT "Does Mac do??" THE OBVIOUS!!!! ;)

He'll stare down his pants and assure that HIS Nutz are STILL there, unlike yours by the question and implied fret in your post, and TRADES that 1 STRIKE-AWAY from Suspension by the NFL Speed Demon (Gase would be on board according to his glowing comments to "up" Robbie's value at the combine") TO K.C. & the Kool-Aid Man for a 2nd and 5th Round pick in THIS DRAFT!!!

I LOVE watching Robbie, but YOU TAKE the value and WE NEED Starting OLine. 

That's what you would do. To imply that if someone feels differently, he has his head in the sand is unfair. My guess is someone makes an offer and it's not ridiculously above market value. Mac matches.

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

Agreed but for the few xtra bucks I wish we tendered Robby with a 1st instead of 2nd.

Mac is dangling Robby for another team to take and give us a second round pick.  

The Jets are not paying Robby 10mm/year. We can figure out the WR later. Take the pick 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Presuming you’re not posting this sh*t on an iPad because the juice running down your fingers from the home’s apricot slices would mess up the screen???

Come on man you and I both know i'm not living in a group home or at a facility where they do testing on humans, you on the other other hand seem to know all the tricks of the trade. 

• Sympathy 1

you guys are nuts...RA is an average player who A) is too dumb to stay out of trouble and B ) only does 1 thing well.....never seen the guy break a tackle, run a complex route, or run an end around....he just runs straight really fast and falls down on first contact. if we can get a 2 for him, id drive him to KC.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Team archer said:

Thats a terrible strategy. I mean if Mac is afraid of bidding vs himself, then hes awful peorid. You risk losing Sams best target, a WR who can help Bell because hes a deep threat and has to be accounted for all because your negotiation tactics are terrible? YUCK

I don't necessarily agree.  By tendering him, we have control.  We can match any offer, or we can let him go and get a 2.  If he plays the season under the tender, then he is UFA next season, and he would have control rather than us.  If he leaves, we might get a comp pick, but probably a 4 or 5 at best.  Some risks involved either way, but I don't see it as a terrbile strategy.

7 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

you guys are nuts...RA is an average player who A) is too dumb to stay out of trouble and B ) only does 1 thing well.....never seen the guy break a tackle, run a complex route, or run an end around....he just runs straight really fast and falls down on first contact. if we can get a 2 for him, id drive him to KC.

A receiver who tracks the ball very well and makes very difficult catches along the sidelines. Best receiver we have had in a couple of years. Not a true #1 but could become one in time and with hard work 

• Upvote 3

I want to see Robby stay.  I think he's a bit better than some of you are giving him credit to, based on his last 4 weeks once Sam got back on the field.  Having said that, here's a question.  After watching Kareem Hunt and now Tyreek Hill blow up due to bad off-field behavior, what do you think KC is looking for in their replacements? 

Probably not Robby.  Certainly not to a huge contract.  I think we can all put down the Zoloft.

• Upvote 1

Just now, nycdan said:

I want to see Robby stay.  I think he's a bit better than some of you are giving him credit to, based on his last 4 weeks once Sam got back on the field.  Having said that, here's a question.  After watching Kareem Hunt and now Tyreek Hill blow up due to bad off-field behavior, what do you think KC is looking for in their replacements? 

Probably not Robby.  Certainly not to a huge contract.

Robby is an angel compared to those 2 knuckleheads. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, genot said:

Let him go. That's why he put a price tag on his head to begin with.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Robby is an angel compared to those 2 knuckleheads. 

Yes, but don't you think KC is likely to err on the side of caution with their next move to possibly replace Hill if he's facing a suspension or they have to release him?  Robby is still 1 strike away from a serious suspension as he's probably used up all of the league's patience.  I think he'll be fine but I don't think KC is in a position to gamble on this one.

• Upvote 1