Mac might have a very tough decision ahead.

genot

2 hours ago, varjet said:

Mac is dangling Robby for another team to take and give us a second round pick.  

The Jets are not paying Robby 10mm/year. We can figure out the WR later. Take the pick 

Robby has done nothing to earn a long term deal. He is a speeding ticket away from a suspension at any time.

The Jets are playing this right, giving Robby a long term deal is dangerous so play the wait and see game. If he matures, no problem you can over pay him a bit. But right now he hasn't earned a multi year deal, let's have him make it through the offseason without incident and re-evalauate. He is talented, no doubt. He has to prove he can stay out of trouble.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

They lose one knucklehead and sign another? 

Lol take the pick and draft oline

The last thing we need is to ruin what is so far a good offseason by signing a child beater

The jet hating media would have a field day

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Tyreek Hill allegedly broke his kid’s arm 

you wanna root for that?  I dont

Did you see the Hunt family and their beautiful blond daughters in the owners box in the playoffs?

The Hunts fired Dorsey and his drafting brilliance because he ignores character issues   I had heard he shares some habits with Scot M, but that is not confirmed   

I don’t know if the Chiefs are taking Mr. Nut in the Eye  

1 minute ago, varjet said:

Did you see the Hunt family and their beautiful blond daughters in the owners box in the playoffs?

The Hunts fired Dorsey and his drafting brilliance because he ignores character issues   I had heard he shares some habits with Scot M, but that is not confirmed   

I don’t know if the Chiefs are taking Mr. Nut in the Eye  

I can ignore drugs and other vices but abusing children I mean cmon

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

How so?

Just staying facts.  He even looked like he added to his game toward the end of last year when Darnold came back.

You said besides Tyreek Hill he's the best downfield threat in the NFL. And he gets open deep easy against any NFL CB. That's how. That's a ridiculous take.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

When he was the only starting WR in the game?  When he was hurt?  When we had no running game? And our QB struggled like a rookie? Easy to explain

Very replaceable?  Then why would KC shell out 10+ mil per, ship us their 2nd for a WR who is easy to find and should come cheap.  

Because you're selling him short 

Good WR's get their numbers no matter what. Take a look at Larry Fitzgerald. The dude has had a HOF career with terrible QB's for at least half of his career. I'm not selling him short. He's a one trick pony who is one strike away from being suspended for a while. 

With all that being said Gase's system has very little use for a vertical WR. There are some NFL teams who will value his skillset in their offense more than Gase and that's why he will have a market 

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

So 1 of the great games he had 4 rec and 76 yards. That's great to you?

And the so-so game against the Pats where he has 3 rec and 24 yards on 8 targets wasn't terrible?

Come on now.

His four catches went for four first downs and he caught the game winning catch.  Yes, given it was the Darnold's first game back and he played opposite an UDFA WR it was pretty great

No, the Pats game wasn't horrible.  The team stunk and Darnold had no time to pass.

17 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I can ignore drugs and other vices but abusing children I mean cmon

Absolutely.  They fired Dorsey.  They cut Hunt.  If true, they will cut Tyreek.  

Do they sign Robby?  I would not think so, but maybe he proves himself to be reformed.   I have no doubt Robby is being treated for his behavior, and it is working. 

25 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

His four catches went for four first downs and he caught the game winning catch.  Yes, given it was the Darnold's first game back and he played opposite an UDFA WR it was pretty great

No, the Pats game wasn't horrible.  The team stunk and Darnold had no time to pass.

Lol, ok

37 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The jet hating media is going to have an absolute field day if they trade for Tyreek Hill

I don't think the OP was suggesting that the Jets would obtain Hill; more like since Hill will be gone from KC that they'd sign Anderson away from us, and Mac would have to decide what to do in that case.

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

Good WR's get their numbers no matter what. Take a look at Larry Fitzgerald. The dude has had a HOF career with terrible QB's for at least half of his career. I'm not selling him short. He's a one trick pony who is one strike away from being suspended for a while. 

With all that being said Gase's system has very little use for a vertical WR. There are some NFL teams who will value his skillset in their offense more than Gase and that's why he will have a market 

You are selling Anderson short.  Kid came from a Div II school, Temple, and has had to play under one of the worst so-called HCs in NFL history, who played scared and not to lose for Anderson’s entire career.  Anderson already showed at the end of last year that he can be more than a “1 trick pony”, showing an expanded route tree,  strong hands too to fight for any win contested throws.  What kind of “numbers” is Anderson supposed to generate with QBs that can’t even throw a deep ball and a coach who runs the ball into the middle of the line on 1st and 2nd down?But all that is going to change this year.

I’ll take Fitzgerald over Anderson on virtually all routes, but all things being equal I think Anderson can get deep better than Fitzgerald could on his best day.

You actually think Gase is going to be hamstrung by some static “system”.  He’s not going to open up his Offense more with a talent like Sam Darnold?  This ain’t Tannehill or Brock Osweiller.

Gase also isn’t dumb as rock like Anderson’s first coach.  He’s the opposite of that.  There are upgrades all over the 2019 Jets.

I’m projecting Anderson for 1,000+ yards and 10+ TD’s many off bombs, this year.  If you think you can pick something like that up in the 2nd Rd I think you’re wrong.

And if you want to laugh off what I’m saying..fine.

I’m the guy who was met with lots of that on this site a year ago when I said Patrick Mahomes was not just going to do well, he was going to totally torch the entire league a la Dan Marino’s rookie season.

Huge mistake to let Anderson go.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

You are selling Anderson short.  Kid came from a Div II school, Temple, and has had to play under one of the worst so-called HCs in NFL history, who played scared and not to lose for Anderson’s entire career.  Anderson already showed at the end of last year that he can be more than a “1 trick pony”, showing an expanded route tree,  strong hands too to fight for any win contested throws.  What kind of “numbers” is Anderson supposed to generate with QBs that can’t even throw a deep ball and a coach who runs the ball into the middle of the line on 1st and 2nd down?But all that is going to change this year.

I’ll take Fitzgerald over Anderson on virtually all routes, but all things being equal I think Anderson can get deep better than Fitzgerald could on his best day.

You actually think Gase is going to be hamstrung by some static “system”.  He’s not going to open up his Offense more with a talent like Sam Darnold?  This ain’t Tannehill or Brock Osweiller.

Gase also isn’t dumb as rock like Anderson’s first coach.  He’s the opposite of that.  There are upgrades all over the 2019 Jets.

I’m projecting Anderson for 1,000+ yards and 10+ TD’s many off bombs, this year.  If you think you can pick something like that up in the 2nd Rd I think you’re wrong.

And if you want to laugh off what I’m saying..fine.

I’m the guy who was met with lots of that on this site a year ago when I said Patrick Mahomes was not just going to do well, he was going to totally torch the entire league a la Dan Marino’s rookie season.

Huge mistake to let Anderson go.

I can't even have a conversation with you anymore after that Fitzgerald comment. Next you'll tell me he's better than Randy Moss on vertical routes too. I'm embarrassed for you

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Robby has done nothing to earn a long term deal. He is a speeding ticket away from a suspension at any time.

The Jets are playing this right, giving Robby a long term deal is dangerous so play the wait and see game. If he matures, no problem you can over pay him a bit. But right now he hasn't earned a multi year deal, let's have him make it through the offseason without incident and re-evalauate. He is talented, no doubt. He has to prove he can stay out of trouble.

Think thats exactly the way they are playing it.  Basing everything on his maturity and what kind of Jet he wants to be.

15 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

So elaborate...how many WRs are more of a downfield threat than Anderson?  Who are they?

Nobody. Robby Anderson is the greatest downfield threat in the history of the NFL even though his statistics don't back it up. 

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

And none of this explains why if hes easily replaceable why they have to pay both monetarily and through a draft pick for him

Exactly.
Also, and you wouldn’t call this a minor detail, who is deciding on who to draft with the 2nd Rd pick you’d get for Anderson?
Outside of picking in the Top 3, the guy making the pick whiffs about 90% of the time.

But he was also the guy who picked up Robbie as an UDFA in the first place.

Giving Robbie (or any player) a first round tender may seem an easy step, but it will then be used in the negotiation process by the guy's agent as a way of pushing up the value of his extension.

I honestly don't see what all the panic is about, lots of teams use this process to gauge and set market value for a player (more for the agent's "benefit"). If a team is willing to pay him a big amount this year, then he'll likely get that, or more, next year too. So you either match it, or move on.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

A receiver who tracks the ball very well and makes very difficult catches along the sidelines. Best receiver we have had in a couple of years. Not a true #1 but could become one in time and with hard work 

Anderson will never be a #1 WR. His game is speed. If he bulks up to add the needed muscle to go over the middle consistently he loses his best tool in his limited box. If someone signs Robbie to a ridiculous offer sheet the Jets should take the pick and say bye bye.

5 hours ago, choon328 said:

Nobody. Robby Anderson is the greatest downfield threat in the history of the NFL even though his statistics don't back it up. 

Lol. I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not since I didn't go thru the whole thread but if it's not all I have to say is wow. 

7 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

I don't think the OP was suggesting that the Jets would obtain Hill; more like since Hill will be gone from KC that they'd sign Anderson away from us, and Mac would have to decide what to do in that case.

Exactly. Thought that was pretty clear.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Whatever anyone is willing to offer for him on the tender you take it. Finding guys that run in a straight line fast, drop half the balls thrown at them, and get into nonsense off the field is not hard. That’s why Anderson was a UDFA in the first place.

You have no clue dude, like some others here. Anderson was a corner back for a substantial amount of time in college. Which makes his numbers considering our quarterback play, pretty remarkable. Drop's half the ball thrown to him. What are you watching.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I started this thread, and pretty much stayed out of the discussion. It's funny that for months people have talked about weapons for Sam, but your willing to say adios to a receiver who he clearly was developing good chemistry with. I think if Darnold was posting here, he'd say your all nuts.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, Persiussa said:

For all the talk about a center, Jonathan Harrison was pretty good last year once he took over and they slid spencer long to left guard.  I guess everyone is better than our player on the roster.  you can’t fix it all in a single year and center was ok once we made the change.  I feel like we can live with Harrison for a single year if need be until we can get a long term answer.

as far as Robbie goes, he’s a really good player that needs to stay as long as he can stay out of trouble. With out cap situation I don’t think we’re in danger of losing him at all.

Regarding center, I'm going to leave it to our new OL coach to figure that out, he has a say in this too, I would imagine and maybe sees potential in Harrison.

As far as Robbie goes, seems the Jets have all the options at their disposal to Keep, or take the 2nd rounder.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Team archer said:

Thats a terrible strategy. I mean if Mac is afraid of bidding vs himself, then hes awful peorid. You risk losing Sams best target, a WR who can help Bell because hes a deep threat and has to be accounted for all because your negotiation tactics are terrible? YUCK

It's not just Mac though. If Robby believes he is worth X then he doesn't have to sign what Mac deems as a fair deal. We have so much cap space that it's highly unlikely that any team could sign Robby away from us. It allows us to keep Robby for cheap while in a sense allowing him to gauge his worth on the open market. 

If they allow Robby to walk for a late 2nd after signing a reasonable contract elsewhere then I'd be upset but I don't believe that is their intention.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

11 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

Has anyone read any rumors that any team is interested in Anderson?  I haven't.  This thread is a nothing burger.  If a team goes after him, we'll likely match the offer.

Rumors. The draft isn't  for six weeks. Teams are keeping their mouths shut. It wouldn't be  earth shattering to sign him to an offer sheet. Somebody will.

15 hours ago, GreenReaper said:

They'd have to sign Robby and make it a poison pill contract the Jets would refuse to match...I would think. Like  6 years for FQB money.  Can they do something like that with their CAP situation? Suspending Hill doesn't subtract money from their CAP.  And Chiefs would have zero flexibility from then on even if possible. 

I  think Robby is safe as WR NYJ for this year.

Why...are you capitalizing "cap." Lol